• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
That's really quick, Capcom's art teams must be working over time. I haven't played the original RE3, so this will be pretty cool.

As an aside though, that third screenshot in the OP really shows how much we need ray tracing. Reflections nowadays look kinda terrible compared to the rest of graphics technology.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I WON HAHAHAH! ITS SO AMAZIGN!

jqdYAn.png

I love that I'm getting more RE Engine era Resident Evil very soon.

I hate that Doom Eternal has been my most anticipated game since after RE2 and now I'm straight up gonna put it on ice until later in 2020 so I can afford big ass collectors edition of RE3 because RE fanboy impulse is screaming that I need it and it's the only way I can afford it, lol. Q1 is truly too stacked for me. Being a May game wouldn't have been any better tho.

I just kinda need to get over my FOMO for some of these games, though. But not RE -- never RE. Sorry, Doom.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sad fact is probably RE3 is already a thing because Capcom worked on both RE2 and 3 at the same time. Zombie models are recycled and some locations are too, considering they were already in the original. The gameplay is pretty much the same, the only new thing is the online mode, which I suppose wasn't created by the main team. Yeah, Capcom created probably new locations, the localization with all the cuscenes, but the fact RE3 is here it's just because it recycles a lot from 2.
Oh word we saw so much of RE2 in these trailers, huh?
Stop blowing the only shared location between RE2 and RE3, that being RPD, out of proportion.

Oct 28, 2017
If the original outfit is so out of place then why is it included as an extra? I'm fine with it as an extra as long as it's there.

BUT PREORDER ONLY? FUCK THIS FUCKING INDUSTRY.

Can't decide what's worse. This or the RE2 classic soundtrack bullshit.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If the original outfit is so out of place then why is it included as an extra? I'm fine with it as an extra as long as it's there.

BUT PREORDER ONLY? FUCK THIS FUCKING INDUSTRY.

Can't decide what's worse. This or the RE2 classic soundtrack bullshit.
RE2 is definitely worse. You had to buy it. At least here it's *free* if you preorder.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The city definitely looks better here. The increased emphasis on active signage and street lights makes sense since Jill is out in the streets days before Claire and Leon.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Just watched the trailer and I'm a bit confused. A ton of the trailer is in 1st person, in a style very reminiscent of RE7, but there's the one combat scene in which Jill is shooting zombies in 3rd person. Is it possible that the game will let you choose to play in 1st or 3rd? Will there be certain sections that are in each view? Or were the 1st person shots just for the trailer?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is div 1 making this one? The same team that made 2? How long has this been in development?
No and no. Check the threadmarks.
I also can say this now, the "not Capcom Division 1" comment I made a long time ago everyone mistook for me saying it was outsourced, it's being made by M-Two, Inc., who is a new... second party studio for Capcom? This is their first game, but various ex-Capcom staff are working at it. They are the primary devs of REmake 3, though Division 1 stepped in more after the success of REmake 2. Think of M-Two, Inc. like Retro Studios is to Nintendo. RE3 will be their first game, but they'll be working with Capcom on other RE Engine games in the future to speed up development and have more teams on hand.

But that's what I meant a year ago when I said Capcom Division 1 wasn't making it, but many took it to mean I meant it was outsourced.

In other thread he told that this more or less started development at the same time as RE2.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
And it's retooled straight from Revelations 2...

Thanks for the GIF.

I just get the feeling they're conserving on their budget to get this game done.

Ok, and? Could it just be that it works really well? Why do you keep nitpicking to push this narrative?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I still can't believe it comes out that soon.

Feels as though 2 only just came out and Capcom are like "3? Hmm maaaybe." *wink*

*few months later*

"Here you go."

O_o

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh shit, the classic costume is in the game and it's not a butchered "classic" costume like Claire's in RE2?

I guess I'm pre-ordering.

Frankly, I have no sympathy for anyone hating on Jill's redesign as far as I'm concerned.

She still looks great

You don't have to have "sympathy." No one is looking for it. It's a costume in a video game lol.

But calling someone "horny" or "sexist" because they prefer the original design is childish. Plenty of women like the original design too. My partner complained about the new costume when it leaked last week and it certainly wasn't because she's "horny." It's very popular with cosplayers as well.

It's silly to even argue about. The default is the new costume and the classic is in there as well. Everyone wins.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Ok, and? Could it just be that it works really well? Why do you keep nitpicking to push this narrative?
Idk, I feel as cumbersome as it was the original RE3 dodge was very specific, and works well with particularly some of Nemesis's attacks. I just hope they haven't just thrown this in there and hoped the iframes are enough that the charge or blasts from Nemesis will be easier to avoid.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
As iconic as the old costume was, it was also remarkably stupid even at the time.

I remember having a good laugh over how dumb Jill looked running around like that. Glad she's been reworked. lol