• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mhi

Jun 11, 2018
I can't even tell if this is parody or not. I've actually played the entire game. Perhaps you should wait and do the same.

I think if you take away the hyperboles, the criticism is somewhat founded. If I were to say "I am disappointed they removed the diner scene in Claire's intro as I thought it added to establishing the game's setting etc.", it wouldn't sound that bad.

For comparison's sake (and because am curious), was anything removed from the original RE's intro in REmake?

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
To answer you; nothing was removed because REmake was one of the greatest gifts to RE fans at the time.

I'm on board with the RE2make, but calling it RE2make feels disingenuous when alterations have made been made both to gameplay and content. This is more of a new game than a remake and that's the only way I was able to make peace with the lack of features and content that I wanted from my ideal RE2 remake.

Strangely enough I'm at the point where I'm okay with Spiders or the green lickers not being in the game (Despite considering myself a huge fan of the old games to the point I consider myself a purist) because my expectations for this game have never been sky high and the project had already deviated from what I wanted from the remake.

Davilmar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To answer you; nothing was removed because REmake was one of the greatest gifts to RE fans at the time.

I'm on board with the RE2make, but calling it RE2make feels disingenuous when alterations have made been made both to gameplay and content. This is more of a new game than a remake and that's the only way I was able to make peace with the lack of features and content that I wanted from my ideal RE2 remake.

Strangely enough I'm at the point where I'm okay with Spiders or the green lickers not being in the game (Despite considering myself a huge fan of the old games to the point I consider myself a purist) because my expectations for this game have never been sky high and the project had already deviated from what I wanted from the remake.

This is honestly how I feel. The moment the perspective change was confirmed, I knew this was going to be a re-imagining than a straight remake. Which is fine, since the game looks impressive. It just won't be as good as REmake and arguable inferior to what I loved about the original RE2. REmake completely replaced the original game and director's cut. I am still excited since its practically here, but my hype was never sky high.

Damn. I moved too slowly with the video.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chris' letter was so damn cheesy, trying to pass off as a frat boy in Europe to mask information he's passing along to Jill and Brad.

Was about the only thing I saw before Mr. X KO'd the player and Capcom finished the job.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8wgn3hh.gif

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Someone has to tell people that their job is to shutdown live streams of video games that aren't out for a couple of days.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lord, the thing with Kendo's daughter. Maybe zombie children was a mistake.

That was such a great scene. Not sure who performed as Robert Kendo, but the dude sold it.

Few other things to comment from the stream:

*The RPD lockup was insane. So many zombies at once that I wonder what it would be like to have to deal with all of them instead of being more or less forced to retreat due to Mr. X.

*Mr. X does break through a wall in a cutscene.

*Expected, but the streets are nearly as brief after the RPD as they are in the intro. The street outside Kendo's shop is pretty much it, and there's nothing really to do other than go into the shop.

*Not sure how I feel about the Gator. It's pretty similar to the OG overall, but wish there had been a bit more to it. Basically just an extended chase down the sewers where Leon runs towards the camera. Ends with the Gator biting down on a combustible tank/pipe and getting its head blown off.

*This Ada is probably my favorite. Pretty solid line deliveries with a good amount of sass thrown in.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What happened in the Kendo scene?

Ada and Leon enter Kendo's shop after leaving the RPD garage. Kendo holds Leon at gun point, and Ada joins in. Emma, Kendo's daughter, appears in the background. It's clear that she's infected, and I believe it's Ada who tells Kendo that they should terminate the girl before she turns. Obviously doesn't go well with Kendo.

Kendo lays into Leon verbally, asking him why this is all happening; that as an officer of the law why doesn't he have a clue about it and how this is still being allowed to happen. Emma says Mommy and Kendo picks her up, telling her that mommy is sleeping, and that he'll put her in bed too. He tells Ada and Leon to just give them some privacy, and leaves the room carrying Emma. After a short bit, if I'm not mistaken, a gunshot is heard.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Ada and Leon enter Kendo's shop after leaving the RPD garage. Kendo holds Leon at gun point, and Ada joins in. Emma, Kendo's daughter, appears in the background. It's clear that she's infected, and I believe it's Ada who tells Kendo that they should terminate the girl before she turns. Obviously doesn't go well with Kendo.

Kendo lays into Leon verbally, asking him why this is all happening; that as an officer of the law why doesn't he have a clue about it. Emma says Mommy and Kendo picks her up, telling her that mommy is sleeping, and that he'll put her in bed too. He tells Ada and Leon to just give them some privacy, and leaves the room carrying Emma. After a short bit, if I'm not mistaken, a gunshot is heard.

Man that so sad.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018

Kendo lays into Leon verbally, asking him why this is all happening; that as an officer of the law why doesn't he have a clue about it and how this is still being allowed to happen. Emma says Mommy and Kendo picks her up, telling her that mommy is sleeping, and that he'll put her in bed too. He tells Ada and Leon to just give them some privacy, and leaves the room carrying Emma. After a short bit, if I'm not mistaken, a gunshot is heard.

That's incredibly sad. Do you think there might be more of Kendo later in the game/in the other campaign? Or is it implied he's dead too?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was almost expecting her to turn and bite him, glad that didn't happen though because then the player would probably have to deal with it, and it was already sad enough for me.

A scene like that would be hard pressed to make it through development. I'm surprised Days Gone has the child Infected given how many games steer clear of even including child npcs where they generally would make sense to include them.

That said, I don't think that's the last we see of Emma Kendo.

That's incredibly sad. Do you think there might be more of Kendo later in the game/in the other campaign? Or is it implied he's dead too?

My personal theory is that either Emma attacks Robert and the gunshot was from the struggle, or that Kendo commits suicide over both not being able to save his daughter and unable to put her down.

Either way, I think that's the last time Kendo will be seen alive during the game proper.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So Kendo doesn't die on screen?

Maybe he could appear in REmake 3 after it's small time skip.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017

Capcom themselves after revealing the game at E3 called the game a reimagining or a new game telling the story of RE2. I never get held up on these things personally cause I will judge the game for what it is and not what I think it is suppose to be. Also as RE2 is one of my favorite games of all time I don't think anything would every REmake the feelings I got as a kid. But I hope it is great for everyone that plays, no one wants to dislike a game they want to play. Enjoy everyone.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to mention good ol' Ben.

I'm not sure if Ben is ever alive during the campaign, or if his character only really exists in transcripts, but the stream showed Leon finding Ben dead in the cell. There's an interview tape/transcript with Ben ambushing Annette about the Orphanage being funded by Umbrella, the lab beneath the city, and the G-Virus. There's also a note where Ben passes knowledge of the Tyrant BOW.

I must say that what follows will likely panic a lot of people on their first run.

RumorLord

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
Forgot to mention good ol' Ben.

I'm not sure if Ben is ever alive during the campaign, or if his character only really exists in transcripts, but the stream showed Leon finding Ben dead in the cell. There's an interview tape/transcript with Ben ambushing Annette about the Orphanage being funded by Umbrella, the lab beneath the city, and the G-Virus. There's also a note where Ben passes knowledge of the Tyrant BOW.

I must say that what follows will likely panic a lot of people on their first run.
In the Leon's scenario there is a cutscene where Ben is killed by Mr.X. It's actually pretty brutal.