Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I was going to hold off on this for a while, but £38.99 for the Deluxe Edition was too good to pass up.

Oct 28, 2017
OH FUCK I SEE THAT ON THE CEILING DON'T THINK YOU CAN HIDE IT IN THE DARK GAME OH SHIT HERE WE GO. OH GOD I LEFT MY SHOTGUN IN THE ITEM BOX

el_skywalker

Feb 8, 2018
Brazil
Hey, about the sewer chess pieces:

After apparently using them everywhere I could, including getting the flamethrower, saving Ada and completing the sewer map, they still don't get marked as used. Am I missing something or that's just how it is?

Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought Resident Evil games were highly linear corridor horror games. But after playing this as my first one I've seen the light. The design of the police station is so intricate. At the beginning I was sure I'd be out there after an hour. But I'm still backtracking and opening new pathways with Mr. X on my ass. Amazing game so far, reminds me so much of Dark Souls with the shortcuts

Do yourself a favour and go grab REmake as soon as you're done with this. The mansion is even better in this regard. The entire location of the game is an 8-9 hour puzzle (until you're ready to speed run, where the fun begins making it a 2-3 hour one)

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Only got up to the dark room typewriter last night, but I might restart on hardcore. I originally tried it then went to standard after dying to the first zombie, but I feel familiar enough with the game now that I want to experience as much tension as possible.

Might switch back to the new music too in order to better appreciate the improved audio design. The classic music is amazing and actually fits better than I expected, but with no loading screens I can see why they opted for a minimalist score to accentuate the ambient sounds of the entire area.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do yourself a favour and go grab REmake as soon as you're done with this. The mansion is even better in this regard. The entire location of the game is an 8-9 hour puzzle (until you're ready to speed run, where the fun begins making it a 2-3 hour one)

Yeah, good call. I might even have it already because of PS plus iirc. Though I'm a bit worried about the tank controls I've heard about

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I just finished Claire A, and while it was a great game, by far my least favorite part was the police station once X got involved. He wasn't scary, he just made everything take longer. Hearing how much he is involved in the B route is honestly making me not want to play it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, about the sewer chess pieces:

After apparently using them everywhere I could, including getting the flamethrower, saving Ada and completing the sewer map, they still don't get marked as used. Am I missing something or that's just how it is?
They all need to be picked up from that room and taken over to the switchboard. None can be left behind.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The map is so good, gets rid of a ton of likely frustration of missing a item or forgetting a door. I feel like it's one of keys to updating this style of game for 2019.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, good call. I might even have it already because of PS plus iirc. Though I'm a bit worried about the tank controls I've heard about

Yeah. It's difficult for me to comment on the controls for a first time player, because I've been used to them since the beginning, but after some adjustment you should be ok. There is an alternative control scheme too which you might favour.

It routinely goes on sale for around £6 digitally so even if you don't already have it, it's well worth keeping an eye out for. It might be the best game I've ever played, and in terms of atmosphere has been unrivalled in the series (until now, perhaps!)

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Anyway to score critical hits more often, other than letting the reticle close in. I feel like I've only got 3 or 4 critical hits.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Trying to avoid spoilers so I'm not gonna search the thread...

In the demo I found the key card that let me get the shotgun. In the full game I'm not finding that key card. I can't remember where I got it in the demo. Am I missing it, or did they put it somewhere in the demo that's different from the full game?

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Trying to avoid spoilers so I'm not gonna search the thread...

In the demo I found the key card that let me get the shotgun. In the full game I'm not finding that key card. I can't remember where I got it in the demo. Am I missing it, or did they put it somewhere in the demo that's different from the full game?
Isn't it in the room where you get the sceptre?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I made my way back to the police station first is that right? Or did I miss where I was meant to go to get to the control room?
Sorry I should have been more specific. I just looked for screenshots of the sewers map and couldn't find any.

from the item box room in the sewers (where you plug in the chess things), walk out and across the bridge. Take the door on the safe-side, and walk all the way down the stairs. In this round room there should be a switch you can pull that will open a metal gate in the water below. Jump in and run through the now open gate. Once you're out of that room, rather than running forward turn around and head up the pathway on the right (for reference, you just walked into this room from the pathway on the left). At the end of the waterway you can jump out on the left and follow a linear path past the cable car and up a ladder. Voila.

Oct 28, 2017
Lack of ink ribbons aside it really does seem like they've balanced the difficulty well so far. Feels pure Resident Evil and not as streamlined as 7 was.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sorry I should have been more specific. I just looked for screenshots of the sewers map and couldn't find any.

from the item box room in the sewers (where you plug in the chess things), walk out and across the bridge. Take the door on the safe-side, and walk all the way down the stairs. In this round room there should be a switch you can pull that will open a metal gate in the water below. Jump in and run through the now open gate. Once you're out of that room, rather than running forward turn around and head up the pathway on the right (for reference, you just walked into this room from the pathway on the left). At the end of the waterway you can jump out on the left and follow a linear path past the cable car and up a ladder. Voila.
Thank you so much for the help! Though it's worked out nicely anyway. Going back to the police station with no Mr x let's me walk around relatively calmly and collect everything I missed.

Just got the photo out of weskers draw! So good lol.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom,Please Nerf MR.X !!!
Idk he terrified or annoying

This is how i feel. Im currently playing as Claire and he is constantly on my ass. Now im fucking terrified of him. Seriously my heart races and my palms sweaty. But at the same time leave me alone i want to explore and not feel rushed.

This game though haha. I love it so much

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Someone mentioned you're limited to how many extra inventory slots you can gain through pouches on hardcore. Is that true?!

Last edited:

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Playing on normal, have 3 pistol rounds left, no herbs, no shotgun ammo. Just returned to station from parking area, am I screwed? I've pretty much searched most rooms

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok, I was NOT expecting
Mr.X in Leon's story.
Just when I thought I was on the right track and then this mofo comes out of nowhere to hinder my progress. SO NOT COOL lol.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This is how i feel. Im currently playing as Claire and he is constantly on my ass. Now im fucking terrified of him. Seriously my heart races and my palms sweaty. But at the same time leave me alone i want to explore and not feel rushed.

This game though haha. I love it so much

That's how I feel, he just makes me feel so rushed, before I could take my time and enjoy the game but now I can't. I would much prefer if he came at set times instead of always being there.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Playing on normal, have 3 pistol rounds left, no herbs, no shotgun ammo. Just returned to station from parking area, am I screwed? I've pretty much searched most rooms

Was the same for me at the exact same spot. Don't worry, there'll be enough on your way soon. But try to just run past stuff, helped me immensely

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One thing I do like about the map is that any room that hasn't been fully looted shows up as red. You could use that to explore old rooms and maybe find some stuff? I remember when I beat the first boss, I had basically nothing left but the area was marked red so I went back and got quite a bit of ammo after some searching.

Have you been picking up all the gunpowder on your travels? That gives a lot too.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I feel, he just makes me feel so rushed, before I could take my time and enjoy the game but now I can't. I would much prefer if he came at set times instead of always being there.

Pretty sure he does come at set times. Certain actions/rooms trigger him to start chasing you, then there's another trigger for him to stop. I actually reloaded a save just so I could go to a couple more rooms in peace beforehand.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Still playing thru my first run as Claire

Even on assisted ammo can be kinda sparse. Damn Mr x was annoying and kinda nerve inducing. Would have preferred to just kill him or stun him for a long period of time and just have him show up at key parts.

Also not a fan of the default music. I'll continue with it until Leon B though.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Mr X sucks balls. He's just a walking timer essentially not like nemesis at all. Nemesis would fuck off and leave you alone for extended sections, Mr X never leaves you alone for more than 2 minutes.

Gushu

Sep 29, 2018
Can i return to the police station after entering the
Underground Facility?
I missed the whole
Mr X section..

Oct 26, 2017
UK
On Claire A play through Mr x comes so late he's not really an issue. The only thing I had to do when he showed up was the clock tower stuff. To me he was around just long enough to be nerve wracking without over staying his welcome. He is also easy to run away from.

Oct 27, 2017
Need help with the final boss
How the hell do I push back G5? Only got handgun rounds, 1 acid round and a fully loaded SMG with no reserve ammo and the thing just keeps coming straight at me