AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
D7XrT0lWwAAYEkU.png
D7XrUOQWwAAZKeX.png
D7XrUmFXkAA_8-8.png

lol...Leon Kennedy is hilarious in 4
Ada Wong is even moreso! A match made in heaven...

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Resisting the urge to buy RE4 for the... 4th? time. Such a damn good game.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Is it me or are the wooden crates with snakes in them broken in this version? If you slash one open, it kills the snake inside immediately.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
This does happen sometimes, yeah, one of the few 60FPS issues I assume. The PS4 version had this as well.
Very interesting. I hadn't considered that it might be a side effect of the increased framerate.

Pretty pleased with this version overall though. Portable RE4 is something I've been wanting for a long time.
I've definitely had a snake survive and bite me during my playthrough on PC.
Hmm. Seems like your mileage (snakeage?) may vary.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else play this game (RE4) like me? Every time I finish a boss or a combat section I think "nah, I can do it better" and reload to play more efficiently and save more ammo/healing itens.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else play this game (RE4) like me? Every time I finish a boss or a combat section I think "nah, I can do it better" and reload to play more efficiently and save more ammo/healing itens.

Yup. I do that all the time. Isn't even really all that needed. By the end, I'm always stocked with ammo and healing items.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'll redo sections/bosses sometimes if I feel I use too much stuff. Less so on RE4 as everything is so plentiful but in the earlier games I try to conserve as much as possible. Granted, that usually means I have so much ammo and health by the end of the game... but still, better to have too much than not enough.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I'll redo sections/bosses sometimes if I feel I use too much stuff. Less so on RE4 as everything is so plentiful but in the earlier games I try to conserve as much as possible. Granted, that usually means I have so much ammo and health by the end of the game... but still, better to have too much than not enough.
Didn't one of the games let you get to the last boss with little ammo and you were screwed, I vaguely remember?

I just remember reading an FAQ that warned me so I would do the same. Maybe CV?

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Yup. I do that all the time. Isn't even really all that needed. By the end, I'm always stocked with ammo and healing items.
Yeah. All of this just to not be able to pick up every item because my case is already full, yet I keep doing it anyway, lol.

It's like conserving grenades to a moment that will never come.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't one of the games let you get to the last boss with little ammo and you were screwed, I vaguely remember?

I just remember reading an FAQ that warned me so I would do the same. Maybe CV?

No idea, I never got to that point myself. I always had enough ammo to take on a small army! I did run into issues early on in CV where I missed the fire arrows for the crossbow, making the mansion and Bandersnatches insanely tough to beat. I just restarted the game at that point, and was far more careful!

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
Ammo in RE 4 is more scarce than I remember.
I'm being ambushed by the first chainsaw guy and several other villagers, and the only ammo I have are two bullets for the rifle. :(

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have weird ways of planning or organizing their saves in RE4? I usually like to keep 3 saves per play through and have a space between them...ie:

Slot 1 - Normal
Slot 2 - Normal
Slot 3 - Normal
Slot 4 - --------------
Slot 5 - SW Normal
Slot 6 - SW Normal
Slot 7 - SW Normal
Slot 8 - ---------------
Slot 9 - Professional
Slot 10 - Professional
Slot 11 - Professional
Slot 12 - ---------------
Slot 13 - SW Professional
Slot 14 - SW Professional
Slot 15 - SW Professional
Slot 16 - ----------------
Slot 17 - Speedrun
Slot 18 - Speedrun
Slot 19 - Speedrun
Slot 20 - -----------------

Between this and the attache case, I feel like I have a pedantic mindset with this game.

Apr 19, 2018
Just finished up Separate Ways. I'd forgotten what a bitch some of those sequences were, specifically that entire Battleship area with the Activation Keys and the turrets that can wipe you out in a single burst. The Warzone camp was no picnic either, and those checkpoints are brutal. =/

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
That was CV and not the last boss, the island transition boss in the plane.

It's true for the final boss of CV too. You can save yourself in a corner and not have enough ammo left to trigger the sequence with the rail gun. The reason is that you can miss the magnum by putting the fire extinguisher in the case next to the metal detector in part 1 and the guns you gave Claire aren't returned to Chris at the end of second part of the game.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It's true for the final boss of CV too. You can save yourself in a corner and not have enough ammo left to trigger the sequence with the rail gun. The reason is that you can miss the magnum by putting the fire extinguisher in the case next to the metal detector in part 1 and the guns you gave Claire aren't returned to Chris at the end of second part of the game.
memes1kip.jpg

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Ammo in RE 4 is more scarce than I remember.
I'm being ambushed by the first chainsaw guy and several other villagers, and the only ammo I have are two bullets for the rifle. :(
The better you play, the less resources the game throws at you. Andddd thats not the first chainsaw guy if you have the rifle already ;p

Oct 26, 2017
As long as you have the knife you can beat the final boss. You really don't need the magnum.
I mean, yeah it's a bitch and not fun to play, but it's still possible.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to get them all, and normally the prices wouldn't matter to me, I've bought games for much more than that they're worth, but I just can't justify these prices. They're terribly high for such old games, no matter how great they are/were.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe RE4 is only 600p in Handheld mode. The game looks incredibly crisp and clear. Performance is also good for me, the few drops here and there are barely noticeable when playing. I also really like control scheme Type II for Handheld mode, shooting feels good with the ZL and ZR buttons.

My only gripe with the game concerns the QTEs, as the 60fps really seem to mess them up. The second boulder sequence was a nightmare. You have to hammer the Y button extremely fast, and that's (at least for me) really hard in Handheld mode. Except for that minor complaint, I think Capcom did a good job with the port. Mipmapping is a welcome addition to the Switch version imo, I take the blurrier textures in the distance over the flickering in the other HD versions every day.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe RE4 is only 600p in Handheld mode. The game looks incredibly crisp and clear. Performance is also good for me, the few drops here and there are barely noticeable when playing. I also really like control scheme Type II for Handheld mode, shooting feels good with the ZL and ZR buttons.
I found the same things. I changed controls to II as it just felt... strange using both sticks like other TPS games. And I was surprised at the res mentioned in the DF thread. If I'd not known it was 600p I'd have assumed it was 720p, it certainly looks rather nice on handheld mode, exactly what I was looking for. Price aside, I'm super happy with this port.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of strange how Leon and Ashley never really talk to each other in gameplay segments. It's just... silence. Coming from the Revelations games, it can be a little jarring, heh.

Currently debating if I sell my Red9 for a Blacktail and my regular rifle (which I already upgraded a few times) for a semi-auto rifle. Decisions, man. :/

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Currently debating if I sell my Red9 for a Blacktail and my regular rifle (which I already upgraded a few times) for a semi-auto rifle. Decisions, man. :/

Blacktail is a beast fully upgraded and has tons of ammo in a fully upgraded mag.

Upgrade to semi-auto unless you just want to keep seeing the awesome reload of the default rifle.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017

My only gripe with the game concerns the QTEs, as the 60fps really seem to mess them up. The second boulder sequence was a nightmare. You have to hammer the Y button extremely fast, and that's (at least for me) really hard in Handheld mode. Except for that minor complaint, I think Capcom did a good job with the port. Mipmapping is a welcome addition to the Switch version imo, I take the blurrier textures in the distance over the flickering in the other HD versions every day.
The problem with the QTEs is that the 60fps mode is kinda fake. They didn't just double the framerate, they also had to cut everything that was tied to the framerate (basically the whole speed of the game) in half. Animations, button timings, everything. Problem is, they missed a few things including QTEs so you have to press the button twice as fast as the original 30fps games. This is made even worse on professional difficulty where you have to press the button EVEN FASTER.

I remember with Ultimate HD people just switched to 30fps when they got to a QTE, and switched back once they passed it. It's really stupid that that's even necessary and even worse that it wasn't fixed on subsequent released or ever patched out as far as I know. I really wish the PS4/Xbox One/ Switch versions had a 30fps cap like Ultimate HD does because the game was built from the ground up to run at a solid 30fps, but with Ultimate HD they half-assed 60fps and never fixed it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the upgrades? I've spent over 30.000 pesetas on it. :(

30k isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, and you'll still get like ~10k back by selling it. I had almost 200k left at the last merchant in the game with all my weapons, outside of the magnum (Killer7) maxed out. At the same time, the bolt-action rifle is also totally viable. Just not as flexible as the SAR.

Apr 19, 2018
Just beat RE4's Professional Mode. This is the first time I completed it by *not* using Ashley's Special 2 costume, and it was quite a bit tougher as a result. I'm proud of myself. ^_^

The only thing left to do now is to unlock that Handcannon.

Oct 26, 2017
Chances are if you've blacked out enough to not have any weapons with ammo left, you're not the type of player who can knife their way through those types of boss fights.
Honestly it's easy as shit, as long as you have enough healing items. It's just a battle of attrition. Boring and annoying as hell.

Actually unless you waste a loooot of ammo it is almost impossible to not have enough to trigger the railgun. Still, for first timers it might be difficult. CV is a lot longer and convoluted than any other classic RE so it can happen.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looks like capcom bet on the wrong horse when it comes to making a physical release.
RE4 is in the top 6 or higher for Eshop Sellers.

RE0 and REmake are no where to be found.