• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
As I've said elsewhere on Era, what stands out about Crafted World is that it's more than just a 2D platformer with collectibles. Instead, the level design and the way the collectibles are obtained make it a 2D collectathon, which is rare in games!
Well said! I totally agree. The Poochy Pup backwards versions of the levels just added to the fun, experience and replayability for me.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool at Mirror's Edge, I really enjoyed the game mechanics of that game, so solid and fun. The rest not so much, but it's worth its placement.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Good to see Dustforce made the list.
Deserves to be way higher still imo, but #35 is about as high as I could've reasonably hoped for with an indie title like that.

VVVVVV I really need to play, still.

Also, every game that's not focussed on platforming should just be happy it made the list at all. Looking at you, SotN.
VVVVVV is seriously excellent, and you can knock the whole thing out in a short afternoon. It's a perfect bite-sized platformer.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Well said! I totally agree. The Poochy Pup backwards versions of the levels just added to the fun, experience and replayability for me.
The backwards versions were great and almost new levels, but the where's waldo background things overstayed their welcome imo. The collectathon aspect is of course true, but it is true for all 2D Yoshis, they are all collectathons and Yoshi's Island from my pov is the clear progenitor of Super Mario 64 and similar.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that some franchises seem to suffer from the vote being split between multiple entries while it doesn't seem to matter for others.
I think it comes down to how varied, even, and all around popular a series is. Some series have one or two especially popular games that will act like a lightning rod for attention to the detriment of other games in the series. That doesn't be necessarily mean that one game is better, but that it has a larger presence in our collective consciousness. Mega Man 2 is a good example of this, being basically THE classic Mega Man game for most people, despite a high number of quality games in the series that didn't place.

On the other hand, you have a series like Mario, which I would argue is all around more even, but also has decent variety between each game (NSMB are somewhat of an exception, but you may note their conspicuous absence so far), so there's no real consensus best Mario game (though there are slight front runners).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'd play and enjoy every game on the list so far.

Many of my favourite games of all time on there.

I disagree with most of the rankings however, and the absence of Monty On The Run and Manic Miner.

monty-on-the-run_4.png

manic-miner_3.png

But I realise most here are too young to remember :)

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
I'm probably one of the biggest enthusiasts of DKC3 on this forum, and even I didn't vote for it, because looking at it strictly rationally, I don't think it's one of the top 10 platformers of all time.

This format causes this type of distortion, I believe the list would be more accurate if each person could submit an entire top 100, but I don't think many people would have the patience for it anyway.

Choose one : p

I didn't vote, because I felt like there are way too many platformers never played so my list would be uninformed, but now I wish I did just to push DKC3 into the ranking

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Talking about Crafted World, if the OST wasn't that of putting, this game would be much more well regarded and people would talk more about it. The world is fantastic, creative and colorful a great game.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't vote, because I felt like there are way too many platformers never played so my list would be uninformed, but now I wish I did just to push DKC3 into the ranking

It's true, I love DKC3 and it's my personal favorite in the series, but I voted for DKC2 because I know it's objectively the better game. I tried to be as fair as possible. DKC3 would probably appear in my top 15.

It's a shame anyway that it's not on the list while DKC1, 64 and Returns are, since I think 3 is much better than all of them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like the right call to opt out if you feel you're uninformed on the genre. I wish more people would do the same.

DKC3 is a "more of the same but worse" sequel to me, not bad but not something I want taking up space on an essentials list.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just noticed that Rayman 2 has the wrong console in it's picture - it first released on the N64, the Dreamcast followed in 2000.

Really excited on how the Top 20 will look and where games end up. Hopefully the Impossible Lair made it in there miraculously.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So does Sonic 1 win the record for most system icons ported to on this list? I didn't see any other game with three rows of icons lol

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about Crafted World, if the OST wasn't that of putting, this game would be much more well regarded and people would talk more about it. The world is fantastic, creative and colorful a great game.

I was surprised at how much I liked it. Wolley World was ok, but Crafted World felt like a much improved iteration.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're reaching the end and we pretty much know what's left, some thoughts:

I'm sad that Kirby Planet Robobot didn't make it in. I guess the Kirby classics got preferential votes from Kirby fans.

No NSMB game on the list shouldn't be that surprising but it's still weird neither NSMBU or NSMB Wii made it since they are both pretty good games.

I'm also a bit sad that no Goemon game made it, but I suppose the N64 entry is hard to classify as a platformer and I think that's the most beloved one.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
As far as modern cinematic platformers go, I enjoyed Inside, the game makes the most of every segment it whips up and the endgame is something completely unexpected that is in itself kinda fascinating to control, without saying any more on that.
I never really cared for Limbo so Inside was a big step up to me and its mood is on point.

Voted for Ori 2, even with my sub par Base XBOX ONE experience trying to mar the game, the quality shone through. Here's hoping it gains more recongnition over time and that by the time I replay it I get to enjoy a smoother experience.

Mega Man 2 was my first Mega Man game but that wasn't until 2008 or so, late to the party indeed. I still remember picking Quick Man first and getting laser obliterated and thinking "woah, this IS hard!", then I tried Wood Man and the game made a lot more sense.
A classic case of the sequel blowing past the original entry, MM2 put the series on the map and among the 6 NES titles is still the fan favourite as this vote shows.
Personally I prefer 3 but 2 is still a good time with only a few notable issues.

Rayman 2 is such a great approach to the linear 3D platformer, it manages to feel like just as much of an adventure as the sandbox style games, it's got strong art direction that stands the test of time and no two stages are quite alike. The Precipice was always a fave of mine as a kid, it was one of the first crumbling set pieces in a 3D platformer I can recall where you had to keep on moving with ever present danger, it felt so dynamic.

Hmmm, Super Meat Boy is an interesting one. I don't make much of a secret that I'm not big on platformers of its ilk that prioritise bite size snippets of challenging design, games that fully expect you to die a lot until you nail that one run that snatches you victory. SMB arguably popularised this, the rapid respawn and the fact that the levels were so short meant that the usual issues of punishing difficulty became much easier to stomach with plenty of small victories along the way to keep the player going.
Meat Boy himself has a pretty interesting style of control in regard to how much variance simply holding the run button can have at any point, even when the character is in midair, there's a lot of small nuances here leading to a character as precises as he is unwieldy but more than capable of performing the movements necessary.
On the whole I don't much like the art direction, the game's tone, its humour. It is pretty fun though, up until a point where it feels like I've seen too many buzzsaws and homing rockets to last a life time.

My being late to Mega Man also meant I was late to the X series and I don't think I'll ever be able to remove myself from the lofty expectations I had heading into X when I was finally able to play it.
It carries on the MM playstyle with a few new twists, dashing and wall clambering makes it feel that much more dynamic alongside the big presentation boost. I just can't shake though that the platforming side of this series is just okay? compared to what the classic blue bomber presented a lot of platforming scenarios here seem kinda plain and the impression I always got was that combat and the odd hidden items were more a focus of the central design and I dunno (mega) man, I just don't think X's combat chops are all that interesting to reign in the platforming as much.
Still there's plenty to trumpet here, the weapon selection feels more useful than pretty much most classic mega man games, bosses are a lot more interesting, the OST rocks as much as the sound chip can and there's a few cross stage interactions that are a novel concept.
I actually prefer X2 to X, I kinda feel like its maverick stages do a bit more. In the end though I'm a classic (mega) man.

I'm gonna continue sounding like a bit of a misery guts here huh? because here's crash 2, a perfectly good platformer somehow ranking up ahead of games that quite frankly, are so much better than it that I'm getting that DK64 style puzzlement here.
Crash 2 is yet again another one of those sequels that refines an original base to make a beloved title, the twist here is I don't fully share that opinion.
It's the kind of game that sands those rough edges of the original a bit too much, when people say Crash has corridor design this game does little to refute that, I mean that's not an inherently bad thing but the feeling to me is they could've done more, even Crash 1 is a bit bolder with its more varied stage direction.
And some of the stages have bits and bobs that have me raise a quizzical eyebrow, the sewer stages with pipe sections that obscure your view, some iffy visibility on the ruins complete with carrying on the depth perception issues of the first game, backtracking towards the camera in the DARK for crates, and of course Nitro Crates.
Look I get that they're like the spike trap of Crash but you get some sections where the level designers just went "ehhh, sod it, just throw down a bunch of touch o' death crates and wrap it up".
On the plus side, the slide jump is like the DKC roll jump so that's nice. Don't get me wrong, this ain't a "Crash 2 was never good" thing, but I do consider it pretty standard fare and think that the upcoming Crash 4 doesn't have to work too hard to be the best entry in the series.

Astro Bot taunts me with its £200 paywall that I can't fully justify and potentially don't have the space to use properly right now.
I need to experience its water level hype and charming robo powers, the time will come one day.

It took me a second playthrough of Mirror's Edge to really appreciate what it pulled off. The concept of platforming in first person had always been something of a bogey man, many an FPS offering clunky jumping moments leading to the doubt that such things could ever be more than just passable. Mirror's Edge is fortunately a platformer first and shooter very distant second, or maybe third, point is the gunplay is very far from the point. Careful colour coding in the level design helps guide your eye to the options available to you, for some reason I've always thought it was neat that one of your moves is simply pressing a button mid jump to tuck your legs in order to not smash against certain objects. When you get into the flow the game can be really exhilarating, it does also have moments where either combat or not quite as clear level design can completely roadblock that flow. Also the plot is straight doo-doo.
There's nothing out there quite like it and its long hoped for sequel seemingly shat the bed (I never played it myself) so it remains a cool and unique piece of platforming history coming from an unlikely dev no less.
One of those games where time trials are potentially the REAL game.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Having played the trilogy recently... I voted for Sly 1, which felt like a focused platformer. Sly 2 was fun but not as good as the 1st imo, even though it laid the template for the series going forward.

It's close, but I would give the edge to 2 because I feel like the story/characters are so much better. I do think 1 might have slightly better gameplay overall, but I don't think the gameplay difference between 1/2 is enough to make up for the huge difference in story/characters for me.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Will of the Wisp was aweful on base OG X1. Full game stutters constantly as well as having game breaking bugs that took a month to fix for my game (froze during boss fight Everytime)

Also the art (which looks fantastic on PC) looked like the below on base X1:
save-0.png

save.png

Went from one of my biggest games looking forward to in 2020 to biggest disappointments this generation. This game needed more time in the oven (at least for Xbox systems). I still completed it but tons of issues will leave you with a sour taste for any game
I played it on One S and it was fine. Is OG One that bad compared to One S?

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
It's close, but I would give the edge to 2 because I feel like the story/characters are so much better. I do think 1 might have slightly better gameplay overall, but I don't think the gameplay difference between 1/2 is enough to make up for the huge difference in story/characters for me.

I can totally see why people prefer 2, it's a very accomplished game and it does what it sets out to do very well.

I think maybe coming to it as an older gamer it just slightly impressed me less - Sly 1 is a very succinct experience that presents linear platforming levels that feels like a minor evolution of what came before. Sly 2 dials everything up to 11 - open levels, multi-stage heists, mini-games galore and it didn't work quite as well for me. I'm a big fan of those types of games (see Spyro 3 as #1 in my list) but Sly 2 felt like it dragged a bit in the middle sections.

Still a good game though that I definitely loved playing (it was only a couple of months ago that I played it for the first time as well!)

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I played it on One S and it was fine. Is OG One that bad compared to One S?

One S can upscale games to 4k and do HDR so I am guessing it's got little more power under the hood. Will of the Wisp was the game that pushed me over the edge not to get next Microsoft console until much later down the line. Even the general OS chugs on OG model.

One really nice feature on TLO2 is it runs great on OG PS4. It's not just a Will of Wisp thing but a lot of Microsoft games don't run that good on OG (Horizon 4 did from day 1 so props to Playground).

Since first few years will be cross gen for Microsoft I can't wait to see what Halo Infinite will be like on base X1 :)

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I can totally see why people prefer 2, it's a very accomplished game and it does what it sets out to do very well.

I think maybe coming to it as an older gamer it just slightly impressed me less - Sly 1 is a very succinct experience that presents linear platforming levels that feels like a minor evolution of what came before. Sly 2 dials everything up to 11 - open levels, multi-stage heists, mini-games galore and it didn't work quite as well for me. I'm a big fan of those types of games (see Spyro 3 as #1 in my list) but Sly 2 felt like it dragged a bit in the middle sections.

Still a good game though that I definitely loved playing (it was only a couple of months ago that I played it for the first time as well!)

Yeah, I do wish there were more platforming levels in Sly 2. A lot of the missions they did include weren't that good (although I thought the traversal around the areas was really fun)

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
I can only speak for myself and the remastered trilogy, but I much preferred the first game.
The second one was more tedious, had more back-tracking, more annoying minigames, and worse sense of progress.

That being said, I suppose there's still a chance for it to reach the top 20..
I think Spyro's 2 window is shut. I just though it was funny because in order to prep for this vote I figured I need to have played one of the classic Spyro's, and after extensive googling it looked like 2 was the pick by a hair. Turns out I played the only one that didn't make the list!

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Not on the Top 100, but I just beat Wario Land 3 for first time few minutes ago. Been in my backlog for 20 years now. At the time I found it really confusing (Which there was still parts now) but overall what an interesting platformer. Having to keep replaying the same levels but getting abilities to go to new areas.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Yes! Rayman Origins / Legends made it to top 20! Should be in the top 10 imo... but it'll probably be in the 20-10 range.

Oct 25, 2017
Crafted World has great design. It wouldn't make a top fifteen for me, but maybe a top 25 or 30. I really enjoyed it and, IIRC, had it fourth on my GotY list last year.

My wife loves watching me play because she's a crafter, and she was just really impressed by the creativity and art direction.

It has the quality of an I Spy book come to life and with jumping and egg-shooting. I loved those I Spy books when I was a kid.

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
Prediction time: of the remaining Mario's, only 3D World and mayyyyybe the OG appear tonight, the rest of them will be top 10.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
you know, i ran through Mega Man X's mavericks last night and... while some of the stages are awesome-- one of the things that always gives me pause about the MM series is how it never feels like a natural progression until you clear the Robot Masters/Mavericks. Everything functions as a "Stage 1". I guess there is always an "intended" route based on which power hurts which boss, but I'd rather have a more meaningfully designed progression of stages.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It took me a second playthrough of Mirror's Edge to really appreciate what it pulled off. The concept of platforming in first person had always been something of a bogey man, many an FPS offering clunky jumping moments leading to the doubt that such things could ever be more than just passable. Mirror's Edge is fortunately a platformer first and shooter very distant second, or maybe third, point is the gunplay is very far from the point. Careful colour coding in the level design helps guide your eye to the options available to you, for some reason I've always thought it was neat that one of your moves is simply pressing a button mid jump to tuck your legs in order to not smash against certain objects. When you get into the flow the game can be really exhilarating, it does also have moments where either combat or not quite as clear level design can completely roadblock that flow. Also the plot is straight doo-doo.
There's nothing out there quite like it and its long hoped for sequel seemingly shat the bed (I never played it myself) so it remains a cool and unique piece of platforming history coming from an unlikely dev no less.
One of those games where time trials are potentially the REAL game.

Get hype for Ghostrunner (gif shamelessly stolen from a Cyberpunk thread)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Get hype for Ghostrunner (gif shamelessly stolen from a Cyberpunk thread)
This is new to me, hot diggidy daffodil.

I think Spyro's 2 window is shut. I just though it was funny because in order to prep for this vote I figured I need to have played one of the classic Spyro's, and after extensive googling it looked like 2 was the pick by a hair. Turns out I played the only one that didn't make the list!
Yeah this strikes me as a bit odd as well, I was always under the impression that 2 was the favourite, especially over 3 which leans more gimmicky, but 3 is here and unless 2 really went all out and made top 20 its absence somewhat surprises me

Though not as much as an entire lack of Ninja Gaiden (granted I find the first game a bit too spotty) and some of the more prominent classicvanias (robbed by the metroidvanias!)

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Though not as much as an entire lack of Ninja Gaiden (granted I find the first game a bit too spotty) and some of the more prominent classicvanias (robbed by the metroidvanias!)

yeah, I'm actually kind of stunned to see two shinobi titles and zero ninja gaiden ones. i always felt that ninja gaiden had WAY MORE cultural cache. to be fair, i voted for both shinobi titles and zero ninja gaiden ones (though I think both 1 and 2 would be fine choices for this list).

i'm kind of bummed by castlevania but it cements what we already know- the metroidvania titles are more popular than the classic ones. sad, as even the best SOTN-style ones barely have much platforming to write home about.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah, I'm actually kind of stunned to see two shinobi titles and zero ninja gaiden ones. i always felt that ninja gaiden had WAY MORE cultural cache. to be fair, i voted for both shinobi titles and zero ninja gaiden ones (though I think both 1 and 2 would be fine choices for this list).

i'm kind of bummed by castlevania but it cements what we already know- the metroidvania titles are more popular than the classic ones. sad, as even the best SOTN-style ones barely have much platforming to write home about.
I'm a big fan of the NES Ninja Gaiden games but Shinobi took precedence for me. Those Shinobi games didn't even get a ton of votes but they got some 4 and 5 point ones.

You're right that Ninja Gaiden has a bigger cultural following so it is surprising for it not to get more attention than it did. This site skews pretty young, though, so 8-bit appreciation isn't super high anymore. And even among classic 2d fans, 16-bit games are often going to take precedence when only having 10 games to vote on.

Castlevania III must have just missed the 101. It had multiple people voting for it. I replayed it a week ago and it's still awesome, especially the Japanese version.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Eh the fact quite a few games on this list aren't really even platformers stuff like (Super Monkey Ball) doesn't really make a lot of sense imo.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Prediction time: of the remaining Mario's, only 3D World and mayyyyybe the OG appear tonight, the rest of them will be top 10.
I think one of the Galaxy games (aka Galaxy 2) might get bumped out of the top 10, I haven't checked but I don't think many have voted for both (I certainly did)

Btw did we get like 0 Shantae games in the whole top 100 ? that's a shame if it's the case

My Cow Phelps

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad to see Mirror's Edge so high. Getting 3 stars in every time trial level of ME is easily one my fondest memories in any platform game. Not to mention the god-tier art direction, the amazing OST and the novel gameplay.

Rayman 2, like Beyong Good & Evil (both directed by Michel Ancel), has one of my favorite atmosphere in any game ever. That N64 intro still gives me chills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwRWnFI2Juw

I think INSIDE is my favorite 2D cinematic platformer of all time. I love PoP, Another World, etc., but man, INSIDE is amazing.

I need to play Astro Bot.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i'm revisiting games that i haven't played before on this list (of which there aren't many, surprisingly) and one of them just so happened to be La-Mulana. I actually bought both of them on Switch right around the time my FH started during the beginning months of COVID. Finally got around to starting the first one and WOW, how have I went this long without playing these games? La-Mulana feels like Goonies II, Maze of Galious and Castlevania together. I'd rather play this over 99% of the critic darling Metroidvania titles.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up the runs of SMB3 and SMW that I started just before June.

I'm sitting here in awe right now of discovering Castle 7 of SMW does have a checkpoint that's hidden down a pit, I only found it because I was curious to see if I could cheese the snake block section with a cape (you can!) but clipped the last ledge, as I was calling bullshit falling down the pit I spied the hidden hideaway, these games can still surprise ya.

Though I expect them in the last batch as opposed to the next batch.

Reveals 20-16
OP
OP
PK_Wonder

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
Games 20 through.... 16.

Just teasing you by revealing only the first half of tonight's list. Give us... approximately 90 minutes ish to finish the banners, and you'll know the rest. ;)

Rayman_Origins.png

What Wozman23 has to say:

"Rayman Origins represents just how wild and creative a platformer can strive to be. Every part of it comes together to form something magical. The hand drawn art brings a really wacky world to life. The soundtrack adds even more quirk. [...] The characters are equally as charming, whether they be the main cast like the limbless Rayman or rotund Globox, or the supporting cast like a shoot em up inspired mosquito or the electric guitar playing Grannies. The sights and sounds you witness in the Rayman franchise are unlike any other, and that whimsical approach elicits joy unlike any other franchise."

OST Highlights:
Lum King
www.youtube.com

Rayman Origins soundtrack 01 Lum King

artists: Christophe Heral / Billy Martin playlist:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1388C846567D676C
Treasure Chase
www.youtube.com

Rayman Origins OST - Treasure Chase!

Composer: Christophe Héral Developer: Ubisoft Montpellier Publisher: Ubisoft

Sonic_Mania.png

What Rotobit has to say:

"The best Sonic game hands down didn't come from Sega or Sonic Team but instead a team of dedicated fans who rose up the ranks to become official developers. That alone makes Sonic Mania special, but its sheer variety of content, gorgeous pixel-art, and fantastic soundtrack make it great in its own right. Then you have the Plus expansion, which only fleshes it out further, and you have a pitch-perfect platformer."

OST Highlights:
Studiopolis Zone- Act 1
www.youtube.com

Sonic Mania OST - Studiopolis Zone Act 1 (Extended)

This is the music for the first act of Studiopolis Zone in Sonic's 25th anniversary game, Sonic Mania! I really like how Studiopolis gives off a very nice So...
Press Garden Zone- Act 2
www.youtube.com

Sonic Mania OST - Press Garden Act 2

When Team Sonic destroys Shiversaw, Eggman's propaganda printing press is no more, letting them exit to a surreal winter wonderscape filled with cherry bloss...

Shovel_Knight.png

What @NovelMike has to say:

"The original Shovel Knight was a great and enjoyable experience but the additional campaigns that have been added just add so much more to an already fun game, and you'd think that going through many of the same levels with new characters would get old but the different characters have enough unique things going on and the levels have many tweaks that constantly keep them interesting and fun to play."

OST Highlights:
Strike the Earth (Plains of Passage)
www.youtube.com

Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage) - Shovel Knight [OST]

Game: Shovel Knight Music: Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage)
Flowers of Antimony (The Explodatorium)
www.youtube.com

Flowers of Antimony (The Explodatorium) - Shovel Knight [OST]

Game: Shovel Knight Music: Flowers of Antimony (The Explodatorium)

Super_Mario_Bros..png

What Slime Stack has to say:

"I think it's fair to say that SMB might be the most essential video game of all time, let alone platformer. Those crazy wizards of Nintendo somehow managed to write the book on good platform game design with basically no reference. Everything about SMB is iconic: the music, the graphic design, the weird mushrooms you jump on in level 1-3. Even the finer details have aged really well for a game that's literally 35 years old. It's extremely well-paced, rewards skillful play, has memorable set pieces, and fantastic sound design: tenets that would later become synonymous with what constitutes a good platformer."

OST Highlights:
Overworld
www.youtube.com

Super Mario Bros (NES) Music - Overworld Theme

Super Mario Bros (NES) Music - Overworld Theme Download all my NES Soundtracks as MP3 herehttp://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/
Underwater Theme
www.youtube.com

Super Mario Bros (NES) Music - Underwater Theme

Super Mario Bros (NES) Music - Underwater Theme Download all my NES Soundtracks as MP3 here http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/

Sonic_3__Knuckles.png

What Old_King_Coal has to say:

"This game exemplifies a lot of the things that make classic Sonic different from Mario, with enormous level maps that contain multiple branching paths and routes and routinely provide opportunities to explore the space beyond simple 'hidden bonus room' secrets, as well as replaying to find the most optimal ways to speed through. Sonic's controls are well refined by this point, with the insta-shield ability rounding out his classic moveset nicely. [With] 3 playable characters with unique abilities, an actual level select, beautiful art and fantastic music, this really is the 'essential' Sonic experience."

OST Highlights:
Flying Battery Zone- Act 1
www.youtube.com

Flying Battery Zone, Act 1 Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles Music Extended

🔔 SUBSCRIBE! https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialVGM?sub_confirmation=1 👾 FOLLOW ME! http://twitter.com/officialvgm Thank you for your support!
Hydrocity Zone- Act 2
www.youtube.com

Sonic 3 Music: Hydrocity Zone Act 2

This is the music for act 2 of the Hydrocity zone in Sonic 3.