• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
ikybdjaoXFh2s01tR5haIQ.jpeg

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - This game is my most anticipated game ever. I absolutely adore all previous CDPR's games (yes, starting with The Witcher 1). They made Witcher 1&2 on shoestring budgets, and those games turned out to be some of the greatest RPGs ever. They had a bit larger budget for Witcher 3 (still very small compared to basically every other AAA title), and with that they created one of the best games ever made (and my personal Game of All Time). The company ran into serious debt by the end of Witcher 3's production and they had to hurry and cut corners in many places, and still they ended up with this incredible achievement. Now, with Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time they have a basically unlimited budget (compared to their previous games). Witcher 3 sold so well that even though CDPR is investing huge amounts of money into Cyberpunk's development, the continued sales of Witcher 3 are making for them more money each month, even now. I really can't imagine what these incredibly talanted people will be able to achieve now that they don't have to cut corners due to budget considerations. You can say that my expectations for Cyberpunk are unreasonably high and I'll end up being disappointed. To that I say that my expectations were already incredibly high for Witcher 3 (after their previous two games which I immensely enjoyed), and CDPR delivered. I'm confident that they will deliver this time as well.
  2. Crusader Kings III - I spent hundreds of hours playing Crusader Kings 2. This is the game that introduced me to Paradox' grand stratagies, and I still love its blend of grand stratagy with RPG elements. I'm very excited for CK3, as I like all the changes to the formula they have revealed so far in the dev diaries. Hopefully this game will break the recent Paradox Development Studio's trend and end up being great already at release and not after several major expansions.
  3. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - I enjoyed the original Bloodlines a lot. Hopefully Hardsuit Labs will be able to deliver on this new game, despite being a basically unknown studio. With the involvement of Brian Mitsoda and Chris Avellone I'm not worried too much, though; most probably they will deliver.
  4. Encased - This game actually appeared in Early Access in 2019, but the full release is expected in 2020. Seems to be a very interesting take on Fallout 1&2-style games.
  5. Colony Ship - A new game from the creators of Age of Decadence (which I loved a lot); most probably will end up being a great RPG.
  6. Kerbal Space Program 2 - I loved Kerbal Space Program a lot. I'm disappointed by the publisher's decision to change the development team to a new one (since the publisher didn't create this IP, they bought the rights from the original team), but it's clear that KSP's engine is too old and rusty by now, so a new game with an engine rebuilt from the ground up is good news. Hopefully the new team won't butcher what was great about the original game.

Honorable mention: Pathfinder: War of the Righteous. After the fantastic Pathfinder: Kingmaker this game would be very high on my list, but unfortunately it's not confirmed for 2020.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 3 - REmake 2 was 2019's GOTY. REmake 3 has the potential to be not only 2020's GOTY, but as well the best RE title ever made.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Halo 3 (PC)
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  5. Marvel's Avengers
  6. Dying Light 2
  7. Doom Eternal
  8. Halo Infinite
  9. Nioh 2
  10. The Last of Us 2

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Every single time CD Projekt Red has made a big new game, it's been a leap forward. Cyberpunk 2077 is looking to be no different. After CDPR made my favorite game of all time, I can't wait to see what it does with a Cyberpunk setting. Oh, and it's got Keanu Reeves.
  2. Halo Infinite - Halo 5: Guardians wasn't what I wanted but everything I have seen from Halo Infinite so far gives me reason to be extremely hopeful. Halo is my all-time favorite series, so I'm hoping against hope 343 Industries knocks this out of the park. If this game recreates the feelings I had playing the original trilogy, I'll be happy.
  3. The Last of Us Part II - Not sure what I can say about this that others haven't already. The idea that this is Naughty Dog's longest game ever has me seriously intrigued and at this point I just need it, I don't want to see anything else. Ready to have my heart torn out here.
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Good god this game looks gorgeous. The art style, the colors, the world, the music, everything about this looks perfect. I have a feeling a lot of people don't understand how much of a leap this game is going to be over the first title.
  5. Doom Eternal - DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Okay, but seriously, it's Doom (2016) with even more demons to rip and tear, and more ways to do said ripping and tearing. Hell yes. Battlemode looks cool too.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - Capcom has doubled down on providing quality games over the last couple of years. Resident Evil 2 was remade in incredible fashion, I have no doubt Resident Evil 3 is going to be similarly fantastic. Plus, there's a lack of quality survival horror right now, making this even more exciting for me.
  7. Dying Light 2 - Seeing the E3 2019 demo and talking with the creative director of the game has made this one skyrocket up in interest. Techland has some extremely ambitious ideas and I love the idea of a massive city changing based on your decisions. Sure seems like nighttime is being kept under wraps too...
  8. Gears Tactics - There's plenty of years of history to explore in the Gears franchise so I'm excited that Tactics is doing just that. Gears meets XCOM in a 40 hour campaign with no microtransactions, with Kait's dad as the protagonist? Yup, I'm down.
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - The original is a cult classic of RPG storytelling, so I'm down for a new, fresher take on the immersive sim vampire formula.
  10. 12 Minutes - The trailer was moody and I love the idea of a mystery narrative game based around a very short time loop.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
From a quick glance TLoU II seems to be a lock for first, FFVII or Cyberpunk for second.

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Psychonauts 2 - I'm here for the continuation of the story and Erik Wolpaw's writing because that dude is funny. Also, the platforming will be fun if only for the levitation.
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I'm already sort of depressed about the hours that I will pour into this. At least much of it will be done on a bike or on a plane or on a train or in between actual productive life events.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - I never got into The Witcher, but that's because I don't enjoy those sorts of Western fantasy settings. I have much more hope for this game as cyberpunk is a cool subgenre, and I'm always in need of more good, well-written WRPGs in my life.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - I've been waiting for another Sucker Punch game for awhile now. I enjoy their work.
  5. Watch Dogs: Legion - Back when the PS4 was launching, I reserved a copy of Watch Dogs for launch. Of course, it was pushed back. I'm guessing that this time, I'll actually get a Watch Dogs game to play with my launch console.
  6. FIFA 21 - Speaking of launch games, I always get a sports game at launch. I then put hundreds of hours into that sports game. Yes, I'm excited about a yearly release. In launch years, they signal memories of past launches where I got a console and a sports game that would help me spend a lot of time with that console, and good memories always arise.
  7. Windjammers 2 - I am really curious about this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double-post, but is Panzer Dragoon remake for Switch an acceptable answer? It's listed as "Winter" for a release date, and unless I missed a stealth release, I don't think it's come out yet.

yen

Oct 28, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part 2 - the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 -
  3. Hollow Knight: Silksong -
  4. Resident Evil 3 -
  5. Dreams -
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
  7. Ghost of Tsushima -
  8. Yakuza: Like A Dragon -
  9. Tales of Arise -
  10. Final Fantasy VII Remake -

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Arguably the most important RPG of all time is getting a total remake. Everything Square has shown so far, makes it seem they are doing this Remake justice. Cant wait.
  2. Last of Us part II - The sequel to arguably one of the best games of the decade. Naughty Dog pushed the envelope on graphics, story, world building and characters with the first part. I expect the same for part 2.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - Loved the Witcher 3 world building. Cant wait to see what world CD projekt RED cooked up in this futuristic setting.
  4. Ghost of Tsushima - Samurai combat on gorgeous ancient Japan. Whats not to like?
  5. Resident Evil 3 Remake
  6. Tales of Arise - Curious to see what a tales game looks and plays with decent and current production values.

Honorable mention but has not been yet announced:
Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel IV -
After the impossible cliffhanger part III ended with, I cant wait to play the final game and the end of the Erebonian arc. Hopefully it comes out on 2020.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
  1. Cyberpunk 2077: fantastic looking RPG that might change the genre like Witcher 3 did
  2. Animal Cross New Horizons: I put around 900 hours into New Leaf, so this is gonna be my game of the decade
  3. Resident Evil 3 Remake: The Capcomissance continues!!
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake: the game that defined the 90s is back, I hope it is as good as the original
  5. The Last of Us Part II: I loved Part I, I am sure Part II will be good
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles: I haven't played it on Wii or 3DS and I heard it is an amazing RPG
  7. Halo Infinite: the only game I am gonna buy a XBOX for

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Animal Crossing is it's own, well, animal. And with New Horizons coming out, Nintendo is looking to bring back the beloved franchise for a new decade. Resource gathering and crafting seeks to greatly gamify what used to be a much more passive experience. Affecting the world outside your home lets you have more control of how you want your world to be. And that of course meshes perfectly with an already winning and unique formula in the gaming world. My younger sister keeps asking me when New Horizons drops, and by the time March 20th rolls around, I may have to convince her to grab a Switch Lite, otherwise I may never see mine ever again...
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - True "role playing" games are rare even while the RPG genre is flourishing. When I mean role playing, I mean to truly give your character autonomy in the world the developers have set up for you to play in. I don't mind the more gamified RPG elements, in fact I quite like them. But it's when they work in tandem with your own vision of how you want to impact the world does an RPG truly shine in my eyes. Not since Skyrim have I been this excited to bring to life a character in a new world. I want to make my own choices and earn my own consequences and change the world around me on route to the adventure. Cyberpunk 2077 seeks to work with me in that regard, and I can't to see how I can change this futuristic world once it lands.
  3. No More Heroes III - I adored Travis Touchdown's adventures into the garden of madness in the previous two games. And that trailer at the Game Awards was all sorts of nuts that I can get behind. Travis is a wonderfully warped character with a strange sense of honor, and he works really well when put up against the biggest and baddest bosses around. And these "Goddamn Superheroes" fit the bill to a T. Can't wait to see what Suda51 has in store for us.
  4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first Ori game is brilliant. Played and beat it on the Xbox when it first came out and then once more in 2019 when it dropped on Switch. The only complaint I had in an otherwise sublime adventure was its passing on combat in lieu of a more movement-focused experience (and its control and movement is brilliant). Will of the Wisps looks to give Ori more toys to play with as he navigates the world, and it looks to be brilliant fun. The game's music and art style are simply gorgeous, as to be expected. What a treat this game looks to be!
  5. Doom Eternal - I don't enjoy FPS games. But everyone kept telling me to just play Doom. And I did, and it was a blast. Areas to explore, enemies to confront, gameplay elements that encourage aggression and improvisation, and fun tongue-in-cheek dark humor that never takes itself seriously. Doom Eternal seeks to keep the Doom Slayer rolling. I'm on board!
  6. XenoBlade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I'm not sure where I land on this game. On one hand, Xenoblade is a brilliant game due to its focus on exploration, graphical and musical beauty, and player experimentation within the battle system. On the other, I feel like I just played the game (it doesn't help that 2 kind burned me out) and I'm not sure a simple recreation will entice me. The game hinting at new content certainly is great, and the (much) more simplified game elements compared to 2 is a breath of fresh air comparatively. I'm sure I'll roll around once the game drops. It's a great game, and hopefully the power increase from Wii to Switch allows the creators to express their vision of the Bionis and Mechonis more wonderfully than ever before.
Can't wait for this list to be completely outdated in two weeks due to a Nintendo Direct. :P

Last edited:

Xenoneo

Jan 31, 2018
  1. Bravely Default II - This is my Fantasy
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
  1. Watch Dogs: Legion - I thoroughly enjoyed Watch Dogs 2, I love Ubisoft games for how comfy and carefree they can be, and the trailer honestly hyped the fuck out of me, so... yeah I suppose this might be the game I truly anticipate the most, in the sense that I'm curious about it, and that I know the gameplay will fit and that I'll very easily sink tons of hours into it, if they follow the usual Ubisoft formula.
  2. Psychonauts 2 - I absolutely thoroughly adored Psychonauts, so I'm absolutely delighted that there will be a sequel to this iconic game, and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself a lot playing it!
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - I've been hyped about this game ever since the very first trailer. I'm intrigued, I'm into it, cyberpunk is my fave genre of scifi ever, and this game seems tailor-made for me in terms of universe, aesthetics and themes. I'm just not sure I'll enjoy the gameplay much yet, that remains to be seen once it gets out.
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I mean, it's an Animal Crossing game, what more do I need to say, huh? My SO already offered it to me for Christmas, so now I just have to wait until March to get my hands on it!
  5. The Last Of Us Part II - I have never been able to finish TLoU. The gameplay wasn't for me. That always pained me so much, because everything, and I mean everything else fits my taste to a T. I'm still highly anticipating TLoUP2 hoping that they'll have tweaked the gameplay enough for me to finally and thoroughly enjoy it, and have a great time with the story and the overall game. I'm honestly hyped, I'm just wary of being disappointed and highly frustrated again, that'd honestly makes me super sad. I'll still try to play TLoU again before Part2 gets released, just to see if I can enjoy it nowadays.
  6. Way To The Woods - I'm a sucker for indie games, even more so if they put an emphasis on visuals and narration. Which this one does seem to do. I've been in awe with it since its very first trailer, and I just cannot wait to put my hands on it and immerse myself in its poetic world.
  7. Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - I haven't yet played Hellblade, but I know I'll like it for sure, and I know I'll be hyped for a sequel, because I already am. So yeah, bring it on!
  8. Mondo Museum - Another game on my radar in order to quench my indie game fix, this management simulator in which you can create, manage and curate your own museum is honestly a dream come true, such an incredibly great idea, and it looks adorable as well, so color me hella hyped!

Not sure if they would count, but I'm also excited for a lot of Indie games to be finally released on Steam during 2020, like Untitled Goose Game, Journey, Outer Wilds, What The Golf and Ooblets. I'm genuinely excited to discover them all in 2020, this is gonna be an extremely great indie game year for me!

Last edited:

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
It's TLoU and I suspect it won't even be close.
No, it's not. My script gives the following results at the moment (ballots not written according to the rules, e.g. where the names of the games were not bolded, were ignored):

mod edit: preliminary tally removed at OP request

Last edited by a moderator:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - The gameplay shown thus far seems on the level of Metal Gear Solid V, and I completely trust the writers to make this a compelling echo of the first game
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever, and I've been interested in this one since the very first trailer. Hoping that this ends up as my game of the year, but I'm not quite confident in CDPR's handling of sensitive topics. We'll see.
  3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - I am such a sucker for immersive sims and their ilk. I have the first game on GOG, just haven't gotten around to it yet. One of my most anticipated for sure.
  4. Watch Dogs Legion - The first and second Watch Dogs are both wonderful games with compelling gameplay. I hope that the third follows in this tradition.
  5. Crusader Kings III - I was a fool and didn't get in on the humble bundle for 2 when all the dlc was available for dirt cheap. Then when I won it in a giveaway on here I proceeded to play WAY too much of it. I just can't in good conscience buy any of the DLC for 2 now. So I'm content waiting for CK3.
  6. Ghost of Tsushima - Initially I was much more excited for this, but as time has gone on, I can't shake a feeling of unease about this game. I know it will at least be good, but I'm not sure if it can live up to my expectations, since contemporaries have come along and been incredible since its initial reveal.
  7. Spelunky 2 - I love Spelunky dearly, and I have to imagine the sequel will be incredible, otherwise it wouldn't exist.
  8. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Fuck man, sometimes you just need to chill the hell out.
  9. Haven - Furi is a spectacle on all fronts, and the demo released for Haven a month ago proved to me that The Game Bakers have what it takes to not be one-hit wonders.
  10. Spiritfarer - I was hugely impressed by the demo for this on steam, and while it was slightly on my radar following its appearance at Microsoft's E3 presentation, I now wait eagerly for this game's release.

Tuttle

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Watch Dogs: Legion - This game is attempting to do something that veers very closely to what I've always wanted. It's nay impossible that it will live up
    to my likely unfair expectations. Hopefully what does land translates in other studios offerings, unlike the nemesis system. I hope enough intrigue is there that it will spurn others to implement there own version where it contextually fits.
  2. Dreams -
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 -
  4. Ghost of Tsushima -
  5. Disco Elysium -
  6. Empire of Sin -
  7. Desperados III -
  8. The Last of Us Part 2 -
  9. Final Fantasy VII Remake -
  10. Animal Crossing New Horizons -

Honorable Mentions:

Assassin's Creed Ragnarok - Would have placed if it was announced.
Spiritfarer -
The Red Lantern -

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
No, it's not. My script gives the following results at the moment (ballots not written according to the rules, e.g. where the names of the games were not bolded, were ignored):

mod edit: preliminary tally removed at OP request
Hmm, I'd be shocked honestly but we'll see, did you do one for the GOTY thread by chance btw?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
This thread reminded me of 12 Minutes, and rewatching the trailer, I'm very hopeful this will be something special.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Doom Eternal: Rip and tear and rip and tear and rip and tear. On a more serious note, this game gets the number 1 slot becuase out of all the games on the list it's been on my mind the most. I just keep thinking about what Doom Eternal will do and to go back to that fast pase action that surprised me in 2016. Doom 2016 was a pure fun game and Eternal looks to be more of that.
  2. Dying Light 2: From what we've seen of this game it looks to outdo everything Dying Light 1 did. The choice system, if properly pulled off, would give this game a massive replay value that I'm stoked to replay with friends over and over.
  3. Dreams: As a big fan of Media Molcule dreams looks incredibly interesting and from what we saw the creations in the beta there's some really good potential from creators. It's high on the list since this might be the game for me to actually use my PS4 again.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake: I'll admit I never got around to ever playing the original game and even with this game's release looming over I still might not, but hot damn does this remake look great. Even with this game only being part 1 I can't helped but get excited to see how SE pulls this off.
  5. Psychonauts 2: The fact that we are actually getting a sequel coming out this year is enough for me. If they can fix the platforming up while keeping the same stellar writing then I'm happy.
  6. Streets of Rage 4: There's a new streets of rage game and the art style looks stunning. That's really all I have to say.
  7. Trials of Mana: Not only did we get an official port of the original trials of Mana but now we a remake that looks pretty good. I'm still going through the Secret of Mana collection so I'm not all in on this game but I'm hoping we get a proper remake to this game.
  8. No More Heroes 3: Well that game awards trailer sold me on this game. Haven't really played any of the previous games but I'm willing to binge through them just be caught up in time for this game
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: Instead of having to boot up my Wii or buy the N3DS port I could experience this game on my switch with more content and a visual upgrade...yeah that will do. Admittedly I don't know how I'll jump in to a 100 hour RPG game but at the very least this has peaked my interest.
  10. Marvel's Avengers: I'll be honest, trailers are not selling me on this game at all but the concept and the ideas are. I'm all in for a marvel destiny game and if they can deliver on that then I'm in but if not...I'll shrug and just move on

Last edited:

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Hmm, I'd be shocked honestly but we'll see, did you do one for the GOTY thread by chance btw?
Why would you be shocked? Cyberpunk is an immensely hyped game, and TLoU, while being similarly immensely hyped, is restricted to only one platform, after all.

It'd be fairly easy to reconfigure my script to run for the GOTY thread, but that thread's rules expressly forbid posting preliminary results, and, more importantly, the only semi-high profile game released in 2019 that I ended up liking is Disco Elysium (which won't make it to a high spot in the voting results anyway), so I didn't bother.

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
  1. Xenoblade Definitive Edition - It feels weird for me to write it, let alone at the top, because I already owned this game on the Wii and I never replay games. But it arrived in Europe when the Wii was dead, all the characters looked po faced and I hate turn based combat, so I kind of zoned out in favor of my HD consoles games some 20 hours in. Xenoblade 2 is one of my favorite JRPGs ever though, and I have some hope the remaster doesn't only add the great clear graphics engine but also adds some gameplay improvements. Also the portability of the Switch makes it easier for me to really invest, so I'm ready to give it a second try.
  2. Half Life: Alyx - Honestly I would write Source SDK 2 if it was eligible, because that is the main draw for me. I'm also pretty interested in what Valve can do with a full fledged VR game (The Lab is still some of the best VR work you can find in there), but I kind of hate setting up VR so much that I don't think I'll ever manage to finish it. Still, high up there in things I'm super interested in.
  3. Hellblade Senua's Saga - Not sure the 2020 deadline will be met.. not sure this game needed a sequel.. but the original came fourth in one of the best game years ever, so this is a strong incentive to get an Xbox for me.
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Never played an Animal Crossing before. I'll probably hate it. It just looks so super cozy though.
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 - I'll be honest, I don't really like CDPR games, where the gameplay is a chore and the stories take too long. But they get better with every iteration and I like cyberpunk, so I'm willing to be amazed.
  6. Ghost of Tsushima - Fucking love the feudal Japan setting, which unlike what people say, is actually really rare in games. I thought Second Son was a right bore however, so I'm a bit apprehensive about how it actually plays.
  7. Resident Evil 3 - I missed out on two actually. I'm just not big on remakes and I feel I had my fill of Resi remakes after REmake and Zero. But I heard so many good things about two, I might jump in on three.
  8. No More Heroes 3 - Was never big on the franchise, but that trailer was just completely insane and I want to know where it goes.
  9. The Last of Us 2 - Here's the thing with this franchise. I didn't particularly like the first game. It was just all around decent if unremarkable outside of the beginning gut punch which simultaneously also felt cheap. But it was a bit better than Uncharted 2, and then Left Behind was a bit better than TLoU and Uncharted 4 was a bit better than that. So all around there's progression and I want to see where Druckmann takes it next. I just really fucking hate zombie games.
  10. Flight Simulator X - I'm not really hyped, I'm just here for the graphics and faint nostalgia.
Outside of these, Trials of Mana (SoM is one of my favorite games ever, but I heard the original ToM didn't come close) and FFVIIR (I'm weird in that I consider 7 the point where FF jumped the shark of JRPGs, where they became about cutscenes instead of gameplay, and so I don't like it that much, but conversely I'm intrigued about the new action gameplay) are solid outsiders. They're just not yet assured picks because I need to see how they pan out first.

As you can tell outside of the top 3 I'm not too hot on next year. If BotW2 and Bayonetta 3 do release it could be one of the GOATS however, but they're not eligible for this ranking.

Edit: fuck, forgot about Hollow Knight Silksong and Disco Elysium for Switch, oh well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part 2 - The sequel to the game of the decade is going to be the main attraction of 2020 by a long way, so obviously it's top of my list. It's gonna be amazing, of that I have no doubt.
  2. Ghost of Tsushima - An open world samurai game has been a long absent wish of a lot of us and this beautiful looking slasher looks to scratch that itch in spectacular style.
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - No one's happy about the episodic nature of this release, but the game looks so damn good it's kind of hard to care as much at this point.
  4. Nioh 2 - First game was a brutal but satisfying Souls-alike so more of that is certainly welcome..
  5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - I'll always have time for Yakuza, even one that looks like it's a pretty wild departure from the rest in gameplay terms.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - RE2's remake was a surprisingly great game, so even if this does end up being more of the same, that's still more than enough for me.
  7. Disaster Report 4 - I have been waiting waaaay too long for this game already and longer still for this series to release in english again so you better believe I'm there day one no matter how it turns out.
  8. Tales of Arise - Berseria will be a tough act to follow, but so far it's looking good.
  9. Dreams - The sheer ambition of this release and the impressive community creations shown so far from the EA release have definitely got me interested.
  10. No More Heroes 3 - Travis Strikes Back was a bit of a misfire, but if this manages to recapture what made the original games so memorable it should be great.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
  1. The Last of Us Part II - The first game is one of the best of all time so can't wait for more greatness from Naughty Dog with Joel and Ellie.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Resident Evil 3
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  7. Doom Eternal
  8. Ghost of Tsushima
  9. Cyberpunk 2077
  10. Nioh 2

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  5. Watch Dogs: Legion
  6. Ghost of Tsushima
  7. Half-Life: Alyx
  8. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  9. Digimon Survive
  10. Warcraft III: Reforged

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Honestly, I'm a little down on this game. Given what we've seen from it, it seems like a step back content--wise and a bit too much like the mobile game. I'm hoping that Nintendo has just been holding out on us. Animal Crossing games always wind up dominating my game time and I hope this will be no different.
  2. The Last of Us 2 - These next 3 could really go in any order for me. I'm going with TLOU2 because of how much I loved the first game and I'm very eager to see the continuation of the story.
  3. Ghosts of Tsushima - Sucker Punch is a great studio, and I'm looking forward to getting to play a game they've had 6 years to work on. I liked Infamous, but I'm glad they've moved on to a new IP.
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 - While I wasn't as crazy for the Witcher 3 as everyone else seems to be, I recognize CD Projekt Red is ridiculously talented and want to see this game in action.
  5. Resident Evil 3 Remake - This is the only mainline RE I've never played. After how great RE2 was, I'm excited for this game to get the same treatment.
  6. Psychonauts 2 - Call it 'the gamepass effect'. Knowing I can play this game (and number 7 on my list) on day 1 for free makes me very excited for it.
  7. Grounded - Obsidian makes great games, and even though is clearly on a much smaller scale (no pun intended) it looks like it 's going to be really fun.
  8. Trials of Mana - For decades I was dying to play Secret of Mana 2. Now not only has it finally been released, but I get a remake next year? Yes please!
  9. Skatebird - I'm calling it now. This will be the Untitled Goose Game of 2020. This game looks ridiculously charming and of course, fun.
  10. Halo Infinite - The game that will simultaneously end gen 8 and begin gen 9 for Microsoft. And a game I'm guaranteed to co-op through with my friends.

It was tough leaving off Final Fantasy 7 remake, but I'm not even sure I'm going to buy it next year. I may wait for it to come to PS5/XSX since the Rest of the game will be coming out for those systems eventually.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - At last, the samurai era sandbox we all have been dreaming of.
  2. The Last of Us 2 - Sequel to one of the best games of all time.
  3. Hollow Knight: Silksong - More Hollow Knight, and the MC is Hornet? I'll take it!
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Let's hope it's more Nintendo 2017 and less the more recent one.
  5. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Seems as crazy as ever and packed with content.
  6. Tales of Arise - I've played a lot of these games and never loved any of them, this time it looks way more ambitious.
  7. Dreams - Videogame Youtube.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I love Animal Crossing, it's one of the games that made me buy a Gamecube. The first new full game in almost seven years and I can't wait to play it. The perfect game to play a little (or a lot) most days of the week.
  2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - One of my favourite gaming series and really excited to see how they approach not just a new chapter for the series but a completely different approach. Although I enjoyed the brawling combat, I am intrigued to see how a more Persona-like approach to combat will work out.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - Excited for this based on CDPR's previous work and the Blade Runner/Deus Ex-esque setting.
  4. The Last of Us Part II - Really enjoyed the first game and the dlc expansion and would be very suprised if this is anything but a GOTY contender and a great swansong for this generation, like the first game was for the previous generation.
  5. Control AWE DLC - Control is likely my GOTY for 2019 and this DLC will be the crossover DLC which after someone of the easter eggs in the main game I'm really looking forward to this.
  6. Resident Evil 3 - After how good RE2 was this year, really looking forward to the remake of RE3.
  7. Gears Tactics - As a fan of both Gears and XCom this seems like it'll potentially be an great combination of the two, and something different in the Gears franchise from the main series.
  8. Ghost of Tsushima - Although there still hasn't been a huge amount revealed about the game, the setting and what's been revealed so far has me intrigued about this game.
  9. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Have fond memories of playing the original and the delay actually encourages me that they're taking their time with this one.
  10. Psychonauts 2 - Enjoyed the first game and it's characters. It was a really fun platformer and glad to see it'll finally get a sequel.

(Honourable mentions: Guilty Gear Strive, Watch Dogs: Legion, Deadly Premonition 2).

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered - One of my favorite childhood experiences and now I don't need to dig out 4 GBA Link Cables and get 4 GBAs or even be in the same room.
  2. No More Heroes III - Honestly, the Game Awards trailer completely sold me on this game
  3. Bravely Default II
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  6. Persona 5 Strikers
  7. Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore
  8. Project Sakura Wars
  9. Granblue Versus
  10. Humankind

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - There are few development studios I trust, and CDPR has never let me down. Their vision for The Witcher series from the first title was absolutely imaginative, and each successful sequel brought more narrative and gameplay advancements to the fantasy RPG genre. I can't wait for the neon, I can't wait for the shady tech underworlds, creating my version of V, riding around Night City and living the dream. It's going to be absolutely everything!
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - I love Bloodlines so much, it was one of the first games I played when I finally built a computer with the help of a good friend. I am ready to get lost in the glitzy seduction of Vampiric LA and Santa Monica while dancing the night away in a Goth club.
  3. The Last of Us - I'm so excited to see what kind of killer Ellie has become in order to survive the infection. Arguably the best game of the entire decade, I'm praying that multiplayer makes a return soon after launch as it was one of my favorite competitive shooter games ever.
  4. DOOM Eternal - Ripping and tearing through hordes of demons with a new grappling hook sounds absolutely blissful. DOOM 2016 was one of the most frantic and fun shooters I've had the privilege to play, I can't wait for the sequel! Mick Gordon forever!
  5. Resident Evil 3 - Jill surviving in downtown Racoon City with the dream remake treatment from RE2 is such an amazing gift to look forward to. I can't wait to get lost in true survival horror from one of my favorite franchises ever.
  6. Yakuza : Like a Dragon - Nagoshi and the RGG team are my favorite group ever, I'm super excited to see what new gameplay styles await with a new take on the greatest franchise. Ichiban and crew look like they're having way too much fun, and I can't wait to see how Kamurocho has changed after all these years.
  7. Nioh 2 - KT created such an interesting take on the Soulsborne genre with weapon styles and it was truly frightening and exhilarating after 200 plus hours. I can't wait to create my own character this go around, and I'm mentally preparing for the arduous journey ahead!
  8. No More Heroes III - I love Suda and I especially love Travis Touchdown. It's an exciting prospect to see how the electric katana combat has evolved after all these years, ready to hunt the high ranking assassins and be a true otaku.
  9. Dying Light 2 - The demo of Dying Light 2 was the best tech showpiece I've seen for a game this year. The parkour mechanics were so fluid, the zombies looked truly menacing, the gameplay choices to affect entire sections of the narrative development - it looks so enticing
  10. Half Life: Alyx - I'm ready to be blown away by a true VR showcase, and I'm already a huge believer in the tech. I've got to get reacquainted with my headset and get comfortable in revisiting the greatest franchise that disappeared for such a long time. Valve blow me away!

I know I've forgotten something really important but I think I'm happy with this list!
    Cyberpunk-2077-No-Vacancy-e1570482474134.jpg

Last edited:

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
It's gonna be something like:

#1 Cyberpunk 2077
#1 The Last of Us Part II
#3 Final Fantasy VII Remake
#4 Resident Evil 3 Remake

I'm more curious about the 5-10 positions.

lumzi23

Jan 16, 2018
  1. Ghost of Tsushima - Looks incredible.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Into this because of CDProjekt.
  3. Halo Infinite - Like the direction this seems to be going.
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Amazing looking. Been into space sims recently so this has caught my eye. Never been into Flight Simulator in the past though so we'll see.
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Gonna pick if good.
  6. Watch Dogs Legion - Could be cool.
  7. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - The previous game is well regarded so this is on my radar.
  8. The Last of Us 2 - Won't play because it seems dark/scary but looks amazing overall.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I know I'll just end up playing Destiny 2, buuuuut:

1. 1. FFVII Remake-The original changed gaming forever and will forever be an enigma in the industry. I can't wait to experience (part of) it again with the new take on it!
  2. 2. The Last of Us II- The Last of Us was one of the best games ever made and left a huge impression on myself and the gaming world with the great gameplay, story, world and that ending......I can't wait to dig in!
  3. 3.Tales of Arise- I really like the enhancements the last two Tales games have made with tech and engaging stories and this one looks like a big step up from even those. I can't wait to see the world they introduce to us this time.
  4. 4. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition- Having just finished XB2 and currently playing Torna, this is a day 1 must play for me
  5. 5. Ghost of Tsushima- It just looks amazing. Hopefully, it's not made like a Souls game though..
  6. 6. Animal Crossing New Horizons- Please come soon and be good so I can stop hearing about it from my wife.....

Last edited:

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
  1. Tales of Arise - Huge fan of this series, have played all Tales games in released English.
  2. Resident Evil 3 - Already prebought digitally... S.T.A.R.S!
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake - I'm nervous about this but it looks great so far.
  4. The Last of Us Part 2 - Looking good so far...
  5. Xenoblade Chroncles: Definitive Edition - Its one of the best RPGs ever made, with a port that should look much better than the 3DS and Wii versions.
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projeckt Red hasn't made a bad game and I'll certainly try this but I'm not a big fan of future settings.
I'm sure there are other things but this is what I could think of.

Last edited:

Kr1spy

Oct 28, 2017
Silver Spring, MD
  1. Half-Life: Alyx - After 13 years, we finally get a new Half-Life game. The announcement led me to acquire a VR headset within the month.
  2. The Last of Us: Part II - A sequel to one of my favorite games ever. I'm on media blackout till it's out.
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 - I still haven't played Witcher 3 (hope to do so before April) but this game looks phenomenal regardless of one's affinity for CDPR.
  4. Final Fantasy VII Remake - Every video gives me goosebumps. I'm a little disappointed it's only Midgar but I hope they've made it longer than 5 hours this time.
  5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I have a strange relationship with Animal Crossing. I've only played the first game but boy did I play it. I think this game will be the one to drag me back in Tom Nook's dark grasp.
  6. Halo Infinite - It's a new Halo. Maybe this one will be like, super good or something.
  7. Doom Eternal - This game will for sure be awesome. It seems like the most known quantity of the games I'm anticipating.
  8. Resident Evil 3 - Resident Evil 2 was awesome, so this probably will be too. Unlike 2, I've never played the original, so I know less of what to expect with story and setting.
  9. Gears Tactics - The new XCOM games are some of my favorite tactics games ever and I'm happy that tons of developers are willing to shamelessly copy most of the mechanics with mild variation. The Gears universe has enough weapons, enemies, and settings to give thematic weight to what might otherwise be a mechanical clone.
  10. Ghost of Tsushima - I liked those Infamous games quite a bit last gen. I know very little about this game but it sure looks pretty.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
  1. Resident Evil 3 - Resident Evil 2 was very good and it's only big downfall was that Capcom clearly didn't have a vision on how to handle the two campaings. RE3 let's them put all the focus on a single campaing and at least in theory make a very tight package that could potentially surpass Remake 2. The only worry I really have for it is if it leans too much into the action department but I think they'll get a good balance.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake - First time in a long while I like almost everything I see out of a SE Japan game and that is an event in of itself. Bummer that it won't be the whole package but I think the quality will make up for it as long as they stick to the landing. Just keep Genesis shit out of this.
  3. Nioh 2 - No doubt the peak when it comes to pure gameplay next year. If they can cut some of the fat out that made Nioh 1 a bit too much and keep the game fresh the whole way through it could be something truly special.
  4. Persona 5 Royal - Little high for a rerelease but what the hell. I like Persona 5, been itching to replay it and Royal is the perfect excuse.
  5. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands - Even at it's very worst WoW has managed to keep me hooked for quite a while, make friends and rivals, all that good mmo shit. But that said, WoW and Blizzard in general is a friggin coin toss these days. BfA was bit of a wet fart but hopefully this follows the silly logic that every other modern expansion ends up being good. I loooved Legion.
  6. Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Still way, way far behind when it comes to Yakuza than I'd hope to be but this seems to be a nice game to hop in without feeling too much pressure to play the other ones, kinda like Judgement. That and I'm all in for that turn based combat babeh!
  7. Ghost of Tsushima - Rooting for Sucker Punch to show the world what they are made of. Liked Second Son but it obviously had much shorter dev time than this did just so Sony could have a quality title out during the first year. And man, this sure has been in dev for a long time, huh? There is still quite a lot of questionmarks on how the game itself plays as a whole ect. but I'm in. If Nioh takes the gameplay crown of samurai games this year then this will no doubt be the one to deliver with the narrative.
  8. The Last of Us Part II - On the other hand I still think I would want anything other than Joel and Ellie to be the protagonists again even in a TLOU sequel. Then again I doubt Neil will botch it so what the heck. Also while I think UC4 was bit of a letdown for a ''next gen'' ND starting point I do believe this has a very good chance of winning my confidence back.
  9. Warcraft III: Reforged - One of my absolute favs of all time, hell, arguably the best game ever made. Buuuuut it seems from the beta the game doesn't seem too polished and it's coming out next month. Hoping for the best here...
  10. Half Life: Alyx - A wild card in a sense that I might not even play it for a loooong time. But it IS a new Half Life and I'm always rooting for companies to push VR foreward and this is one hell of a game to do it. If there is anything that can potentially get me to buy a PCVR, it's this. I still hope we get a PSVR2 port eventually if I can't justify buying a new headset this year due to next gen and a billion other games this year tho.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'll just end up playing Destiny 2, buuuuut:

1) FFVII Remake-The original changed gaming forever and will forever be an enigma in the industry. I can't wait to experience (part of) it again with the new take on it!
2)The Last of Us II- The Last of Us was one of the best games ever made and left a huge impression on myself and the gaming world with the great gameplay, story, world and that ending.......
I can't wait to dig in!
3) Tales of Arise- I really like the enhancements the last two Tales games have made with tech and engaging stories and this one looks like a big step up from even those. I can't wait to see the world they introduce to us this time.
4) Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition- Having just finished XB2 and currently playing Torna, this is a day 1 must play for me
5) Ghost of Tsushima- It just looks amazing. Hopefully, it's not made like a Souls game though..
6) Animal Crossing New Horizons- Please come soon and be good so I can stop hearing about it from my wife.....

Use the numbered list feature.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
  1. The Last of Us Part II - Long anticipated sequel to one of the best games of last generation from one of my favorite developers. Day 1.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Project Red is one of the most premier RPG developers in the industry. I've seen how people gush about The Witcher games over the years and while I recognize their quality, they never appealed to me personally. A futuristic sci-fi dystopian RPG from them ticks all the right boxes.
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - I liked Sucker Punch's previous titles. I'm very interested in seeing their more grounded take on the samurai action genre.
  4. Doom Eternal - A soft reboot in the long-running franchise, Doom (2016) was a breath of fresh air in a sea of military, sci-fi, GaaS, and loot shooters. Eternal looks to provide more of the same while dialing everything up to 11.
  5. Watch Dogs Legion -
  6. Resident Evil 3 Remake -
  7. Streets of Rage 4 - I loved playing the original games on my Genesis as a kid. The more I see of this, the more I'm reminded of those days.
  8. Psychonauts 2 - Hard to believe that this even exists, but after 15 years it's almost here.