RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I keep getting logged out, I am not sure why it's happening but I just wanted to put it on your radar!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Question about filtering as I'm not sure if this is a bug or just me misunderstanding how the filter works:
If I'm on Etc. and want to show everything but US Politics I'll go to the filter button, click everything except US Politics then click show. The threads missing a tag aren't shown even though I clicked the (No prefix) filter. If I ONLY click the (No prefix) filter it works as expected, only showing threads missing a prefix. If I add even a single other filter to the list I only see threads with a prefix not ones missing a prefix.

Is this intended behavior?

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
On Windows 11 Edge, having a weird issue where trying to login for the first time (was Firefox earlier switched over) states uncorrected password. However, after that error it will just loop when trying to log in with going to whatever page you were on previously and not actually logging in. Mobile android is perfectly fine, and that's Edge as well.

Could it be due to changing to Gmail account? I tried a password reset to see if that kicks it out of the loop but no go. It also said my Gmail username just didn't exist 🤦

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
On Windows 11 Edge, having a weird issue where trying to login for the first time (was Firefox earlier switched over) states uncorrected password. However, after that error it will just loop when trying to log in with going to whatever page you were on previously and not actually logging in. Mobile android is perfectly fine, and that's Edge as well.

Could it be due to changing to Gmail account? I tried a password reset to see if that kicks it out of the loop but no go. It also said my Gmail username just didn't exist 🤦
You're not using Gmail on your era account is why.

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
You're not using Gmail on your era account is why.
Huh, that is so weird because I submitted for the changeover while it was open. Yet, when I try to log in directly with my work email instead it also loops constantly. I tried both a fresh browser session with no cookies and existing session after trying to log in with Gmail incase that was triggering it. Firefox will work like a charm, mobile edge browser works fine as well.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that is so weird because I submitted for the changeover while it was open. Yet, when I try to log in directly with my work email instead it also loops constantly. I tried both a fresh browser session with no cookies and existing session after trying to log in with Gmail incase that was triggering it. Firefox will work like a charm, mobile edge browser works fine as well.
Send in a ticket with an email change request

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what's the best way to upload images from my local since ERA doesn't seem to allow attachments? Imgur?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes, when you click on the search box, instead of the keyboard appearing, it will rapidly flash and then disappear. You have to navigate to another page to get search to work again, which can make searching a thread tricky.

Here's a video of the issue:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/Ns48Yy0d0S8

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S23+, One UI 6.1 / Android 14, on the latest version of Chrome. I also saw this behaviour with a OnePlus 7T on Android 12 (also in Chrome), and some other members in the search improvements thread mentioned seeing the same thing.

Beyond Finality reported that the same thing happens with Stats, and on desktop too.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the filter to remove EtcetEra - US Elections tagged threads just buggy? Pretty consistently one will show up despite having already click to have it removed from the filter. I see this on a laptop, my phone, doesnt matter what browser I try, Firefox/Chrome/etc.
2024-05-13-08-15-45-Etcet-Era-Forum-Reset-Era-Mozilla-Firefox.png

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Question about polls... If I have an open poll on a thread that's been there for like a month, and then I edit it and set it close after 1 hour, will it close immediately because it's already been open a month, or in 1 hour from when I set it?

I would try, but not sure if I can re-open it after testing.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is the filter to remove EtcetEra - US Elections tagged threads just buggy? Pretty consistently one will show up despite having already click to have it removed from the filter. I see this on a laptop, my phone, doesnt matter what browser I try, Firefox/Chrome/etc.
2024-05-13-08-15-45-Etcet-Era-Forum-Reset-Era-Mozilla-Firefox.png
Some threads get the tag added post-hoc so it might take time to index properly when that's done.