PASSWORD: jackpot
(Only need to enter once)

MODE: Classic

EXTRA BALLS: No

LENGTH: 10 Days

ATTEMPTS: Unlimited

PRIZE: Glory

PLATFORMS: Switch, XBOX One, Steam
(Playstation and Mobile excluded due to cross-play limitations. Please stand by for more regarding these platforms)
A Nintendo Switch Online subscription is not required.

Tournament is LIVE

WilliamsPinball_FishTales_screenshot_classic_02_logo.jpg

Welcome to the 5th monthly Pinball FX3 tournament for ResetEra! Every month we will run a 1-week tournament that only our community can participate in!

Williams Pinball has arrived in Pinball FX3 with all-new physics and fancy optional graphics and effects! Fish Tales is a classic and challenging table designed by Mark Ritchie. Best of all, it's entirely free!

We'll be doing each of the Williams tables from this pack over the next several months so be sure to save your pennies!

Past Winners:
MAY: Primate Ryan
JUNE: Psykoboy2
JULY: TSSZNews
AUGUST:
NO TOURNAMENT
SEPTEMBER: Barbaresco
OCTOBER: ???

All skill levels welcome! Thank you for participating and remember to just have fun!
Good luck!

Be sure to stay active in the thread so we can maintain visibility and get more participants. Discuss strategies and tips!

For more discussion about the wonders and joys of pinball, both digital and real, please join us in theResetEra Pinball OT

All credit to HotHamBoy.

Last edited:

Baps

Jun 24, 2018
nice one, Ham.. all over this.

loved Fish Talesback in the day.. hard as hell, mind..

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Subbed . Lent my Switch to someone but should have it back before this is over.

Hopefully they add PS4 to the crossplay mix soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man. Amazing first ball. Total wash on my second and third. Just right down the center. I need to get better at nudging. I know when it's coming, I'm just never fast enough.

Fun table. Sooooo many points.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I think i really need to look at some youtube video for tips for this pinball, i feel i always suck... This Fish Tales is freakin hard lol.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we should have a mod change the title to include Fish Tales lest people assume it's Sorcerer's Lair or don't know that Zen is doing real tables with new physics now. People may not know about the Williams stuff.

I'm in!

Question, do I need a Switch online subscription to partecipate?
We should also probably point out that you don't need a sub.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, we already have more participants than the last couple months!

Be sure to keep stimulating conversation in this thread, guys! Any excuse to bump it will give much-needed visibility to draw in new players.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Thanks for making it 10 days. I'll only be at home to sleep for the weekend, but I'll be sure to participate next week.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the slight derail - can someone tell me if Medieval Madness is now available on Pinball FX3, or it's just Fish Tales? Quick look at the FAQ on the PinballFX site doesn't really answer this. Also, is it correct that none of the Williams tables are available yet on the iOS version of the game (which is still called Zen Pinball)

*edit* I think I can answer my own question - it looks like the Willams Vol. 1, that includes Medieval Madness has been released 3 days ago on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/947000/Pinball_FX3__Williams_Pinball_Volume_1/
I assume the same holds true for PS4, XBox and Switch versions? What about the PSVR version of Pinball FX?

Last edited:

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting destroyed by the ball physics on this table, and I love it. I'll join in on the tournament when I get home from work today!

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the slight derail - can someone tell me if Medieval Madness is now available on Pinball FX3, or it's just Fish Tales? Quick look at the FAQ on the PinballFX site doesn't really answer this. Also, is it correct that none of the Williams tables are available yet on the iOS version of the game (which is still called Zen Pinball)
Pinball FX3-Williams Pinball Vol.1: Fish Tables (free), Junk Yard, The Getaway: High Speed II, Medieval Madness.No Williams tables on mobile.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I booted this up yesterday randomly and now see this thread....I see above there is a password, I'm assuming it's pretty easy to find where to input it in game so I can join?
I'm pretty unfamiliar with the game.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

*edit* I think I can answer my own question - it looks like the Willams Vol. 1, that includes Medieval Madness has been released 3 days ago on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/947000/Pinball_FX3__Williams_Pinball_Volume_1/
I assume the same holds true for PS4, XBox and Switch versions? What about the PSVR version of Pinball FX?
I don't think they are out on VR yet but will be soon. I picked up an extra shoveling job this winter for a couple of housing complexes so I am seriously considering getting PSVR just for Pinball FX.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I booted this up yesterday randomly and now see this thread....I see above there is a password, I'm assuming it's pretty easy to find where to input it in game so I can join?
I'm pretty unfamiliar with the game.
Use these search filters: Tables-Owned, Rule: Classic.Click on the tournament, and input the password.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Pinball FX3-Williams Pinball Vol.1: Fish Tables (free), Junk Yard, The Getaway: High Speed II, Medieval Madness.No Williams tables on mobile.
Thank you. I think I'll join this tournament tonight from Switch or PC.

I don't think they are out on VR yet but will be soon. I picked up an extra shoveling job this winter for a couple of housing complexes so I am seriously considering getting PSVR just for Pinball FX.
I have it, and it's cool - but I have to warn you - the game suffers from aliasing. It has more aliasing than I feel the game like this should have on PS4 Pro. I actually am not sure if they ever added Pro support to the VR release. I haven't played it in the last few months, but I always check if it had an update, Last I checked was maybe about a week ago, and it didn't have one.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Im actually surprise im 4th atm :). And i thought i would suck, this table is freakin hard! Im still wondering how the hell im going to reach 300 millions on that table lol.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017

Do you know something?
I am waiting for the VR release myself. I've noticed that the Williams tables have a nice generic background, I'm hoping that this is a sign that they can just release these same tables in VR.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lord Error,I will keep that in mind I appreciate the heads up.

clyde_ , no insider knowledge I just interact pretty frequently with Zen's Social media account on Facebook and they are really good with responding and interacting, and I am pretty sure somewhere in there they mentioned these tables were coming to VR but It May have been in the comments and not an actual post.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
clyde_ , no insider knowledge I just interact pretty frequently with Zen's Social media account on Facebook and they are really good with responding and interacting, and I am pretty sure somewhere in there they mentioned these tables were coming to VR but It May have been in the comments and not an actual post.

VR Williams tables Confirmed! For May 2019!
j/k

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to get in on this shortly. Loving these new tables, I'll take any excuse to play more.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here are some tips for the table I posted in the Pinball OT:

The big points are all in the boat combo. You alternate between port and starboard shots until the Monster Fish Hurry-Up (timer shot) is activated, then you hit the left loop spinner shot to collect the Hurry-Up. The Hurry-Up max value is worth 20 million and goes up by 10 million each time you successfully collect the shot, however the value drops by the second until it stops at 5 million and then you have about 5 more seconds to collect the shot before the Hurry-Up ends.

Multiball requires you to hit the lock to light jackpot then hit the left loop spinner shot to collect the jackpot. Hit the lock again to relight jackpot.

The center captive ball advances the awards listed above the ball. Hold Bonus (bonus multiplier carries over to next ball), video mode, rock the boat (all boat shots worth 10 million) and so on. Video Mode is worth at least 30 million if you destroy at least 15 boats. You can also sometimes snag an extra ball during video mode (one of three ways to get an extra ball) but I turned those off for the tournament.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This table stresses me out. I never feel like I'm really controlling the ball on it. Maybe I'll do better over the weekend, when I don't have the stress of work fucking up my nerves.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This table stresses me out. I never feel like I'm really controlling the ball on it. Maybe I'll do better over the weekend, when I don't have the stress of work fucking up my nerves.
It's a hard table.

Once you lock in the alternating boat combo just keep shooting that. You won't have to worry about getting control of the ball because the ball gets fed back to the flippers.

The hardest part is cashing in on the spinner shot. It's a hard shot to guage and the countdown + music can make you frantic. Just don't worry about bleeding points and take your time on the shot. Better to get it for 5 million and advance the next score then to have to start over at 20 million and/or drain.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Appreciate the tips! I'm still getting destroyed, but this is my first time being able to join this (or any) tournament and it definitely makes it more fun.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017

Haha your not alone. Watch the Papapinball video about it, it will make you understand a bit more. But yeah its a frustrating table. Sometime i get high scores ( well for me ) for over 100 millions, sometime i just fall flat and get like a big 15 millions. This is not a table for beginner :). Dont give up. I surprise myself with a game of over 200 millions. And this tournament make me understand it more, trying to get better with it.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
I think we should have a mod change the title to include Fish Tales lest people assume it's Sorcerer's Lair or don't know that Zen is doing real tables with new physics now. People may not know about the Williams stuff.
I did not!

Enjoyed the hell out of FX2 (I know the physics aren't everyone's cup of tea) so will download this and stick some scores up on Monday. Looking forward to it.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Current Standings for top 7 places, 8 1/2 days left.

DpXuMEWUcAE5gSF

It's still anyone's game! To put these scores into context, the official Zen Fish Tale's tournament has 13+ Billion scores.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
For god sake. Was 6th with 208 millions, still 6th with my new high score of...210 millions...

BTW, iv notice something, dont know if its wanted like this, but creating a tournament, Normal or Classic, seem to give the more arcade physics, when in single player, classic arcade and tournament got the real ball physics. Is this wanted or maybe a bug?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For god sake. Was 6th with 208 millions, still 6th with my new high score of...210 millions...

BTW, iv notice something, dont know if its wanted like this, but creating a tournament, Normal or Classic, seem to give the more arcade physics, when in single player, classic arcade and tournament got the real ball physics. Is this wanted or maybe a bug?
What are you saying?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
What are you saying?

We are playing classic, but its the more arcade FX feel of normal we are playing. Normal and Classic seem to have the same physic. Tournament mode have the real pinball physics.

Its confusing since single player Normal mode got FX like physics , and both classic arcade and tournament settings got real pinball physics.

CORRECTION: If we create a tournament, well any tournament mode, we dont get the true ball physics. Just go try classic Arcade or Classic Tournament, youll notice the physics are different. It seem there is no tournament structure atm that support the realistic physics. Iv test it with Fish Tales, not sure if its intended like that that tournament we create doesnt have real physics from classic mode.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
We are playing classic, but its the more arcade FX feel of normal we are playing. Normal and Classic seem to have the same physic. Tournament mode have the real pinball physics.

Its confusing since single player Normal mode got FX like physics , and both classic arcade and tournament settings got real pinball physics.

CORRECTION: If we create a tournament, well any tournament mode, we dont get the true ball physics. Just go try classic Arcade or Classic Tournament, youll notice the physics are different. It seem there is no tournament structure atm that support the realistic physics. Iv test it with Fish Tales, not sure if its intended like that that tournament we create doesnt have real physics from classic mode.

The dev has acknowledged the bug in their Discord and advised it should be fixed in the future. I'm glad they've been taking feedback so readily with this game. They really have done it right.

Great reception for this free table recreation. Regardless of the physics, it's a great table. We can do another tournament after the bug is fixed to do a proper physics run.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Here is what I noticed:

In Single Player, Classic Arcade and Classic Tournament both have the same, new physics.

In the tournament, every option seems to have the old physics, even Tournament. I just created a new tournament under Tournament mode (with 1 ball by accident -_-) under Resetera. The physics feel the same as they do for our monthly tournament. Bother tournaments feel different from the single player settings.

This is all very confusing and perhaps a bug or fuck up of some sort.

Someone else weigh in?

Edit:

The dev has acknowledged the bug in their Discord and advised it should be fixed in the future. I'm glad they've been taking feedback so readily with this game. They really have done it right.

Great reception for this free table recreation. Regardless of the physics, it's a great table. We can do another tournament after the bug is fixed to do a proper physics run.
Oh, damn. So it is a bug.

That's a Farsight-level error.

Well, everyone is going to have a rude awakening about these physics.

I kind of don't have any interest in this month's tournament anymore. We should update the OP regarding the physics being wrong.