• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Republicans' M.O. is "a vague allusion to hypocrisy", as YouTuber Vaush put it. That's all they have.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Just amazing. Its like someone in the GOP said "two can play at that game!" and then they all decided to pee on themselves.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If congress used Ilhan Omar as the baseline to judge whether or not a person should be in congress, we wouldn't have much of a congress. Most of them are utter trash, unworthy of public office.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised by this in the least. Ilhan and AOC (especially the former seeing as she's muslim) are like empire state building tier lightning rods to the right. They can't help targeting them for any perceived criticism against the right no matter how well earned.
Their false equivalence always looks terrible at first glance and in hindsight. Remember when Paul Ryan was the next Obama?

Omar and AOC are only being compared to MTG and Madison "Red Skull" Hawthorne because millions of brains have been hardwired to think "both sides are the same", so Republicans can escape accountability again and again for letting the worst possible people into their inner circles.
I'm definitely using this going forward lol.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
When the going gets tough the GOP just double down on being racist. It's their comfort blanket.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
They're not subtle at all. So weird that a senior member of the House is in this picture. Oh, right, it's not.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Republican tactics literally boil down to "I'm rubber, you're glue".

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Kinda surprised they're not aiming for AOC, especially since she is the de facto central figure for "The Squad" and the progressive wing of the Dems in general.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Wow :lol

So they couldn't even make up a reason and just went with being straight up racist.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
remove the muslim woman fighting for a better world, yeah.

totally the same as that nutcase who believes every right wing conspiracy imaginable.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously.

It ain't the worst option with their base, is the real problem.

Their base can't carry them.

The party is at a huge inflection point: do they just double down on this horseshit, keep the crazy WWC in their base and basically forfeit the suburbs for the next few decades?

It's an incredibly short-sighted play.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
House Republicans Brian Babin of Texas, Jeff Duncan of South Carolina, Jody Hice of Georgia, Andy Biggs of Arizona and Ronny Jackson of Texas

Man, Ronny Jackson has really gone off the fucking deep end. Talk about selling your soul, this guy's capitulation is even more blatant and humiliating than Cruz endorsing Trump in 2016.

Oct 28, 2017
The state this Party is in is a national embarrassment. January 6th will be tame in comparison if this the politics in the US is not addressed.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their base can't carry them.

The party is at a huge inflection point: do they just double down on this horseshit, keep the crazy WWC in their base and basically forfeit the suburbs for the next few decades?

It's an incredibly short-sighted play.
Their base can't carry them, but the average swing voter can. And the average swing voter is, well:

Not to mention, individually, most Senators and representatives are in districts where literally the only thing they need to worry about is the base and a primary.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The GOP is beyond salvation at this point. What a blatantly racist and xenophobic false equivalency.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
This country is beyond salvaging. I'm terrified for what will happen the next time the GOP has control of Congress.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Their base can't carry them, but the average swing voter can. And the average swing voter is, well:

Not to mention, individually, most Senators and representatives are in districts where literally the only thing they need to worry about is the base and a primary.

Honestly, I think shit like this sinks them with the uninformed undecided voter (of which there are many, I agree).

When they start learning that the GOP protected a woman who believes that Jews are firing lasers from space, and someone who believes that Sandy Hook never happened... Well. You lose them pretty quickly.

And just going by the data, Independents and even a small, but significant, number of Republicans have no interest in going down this rabbit hole either. It's just not a tenable position for long term success.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
God, these people are shit incarnate. It's pure retaliation with not a micron of justification beyond being angry that the Democrats want a vile piece of garbage like Greene removed. The fact that they think someone like her is actually the victim and just fine tells you all you need to know about them and 95% of the GOP.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
This is already a losing strategy in national elections
Republicans are leaving the party after Jan 6 estimated
6,000 AZ
10,000 PA
4,000 NC
The number reported total is about 30,000 have switched party affiliation
Which could mean more terrible candidates get primaried
I live in GA we as voters paid close attention when it was clear in June she would be running unopposed and had proud boys oath keepers security took a pandemic loan to find her campaign.
The national media finally caught on since Trump pushed her now to his base that's ok I'm sure about 20 will be found aiding the inssurections I will bet she will be on that indictment list.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's really depressing to see that no matter what the issue is, no matter how dire the circumstances, republicans are always willing to make it completely partisan.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is already a losing strategy in national elections
Republicans are leaving the party after Jan 6 estimated
6,000 AZ
10,000 PA
4,000 NC
The number reported total is about 30,000 have switched party affiliation
Which could mean more terrible candidates get primaried
I live in GA we as voters paid close attention when it was clear in June she would be running unopposed and had proud boys oath keepers security took a pandemic loan to find her campaign.
The national media finally caught on since Trump pushed her now to his base that's ok I'm sure about 20 will be found aiding the inssurections I will bet she will be on that indictment list.

Agree with all of this.

Republicans can only afford to lose so much of suburbia and it appears they don't give a shit as long as their crazy, urban base is placated.

Mitch knows this is a losing strategy, but since all of them are afraid of getting primaried they're going to do what is in their best interests of being re-elected.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Damn, how petty.
They're incapable of shouldering the slightest maturity to reprimand overtly racist & dangerous MTG.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
"We may have an apocalyptic Trump cultist in our delegation, but y'all got a Muslim."

Modern conservatism is revolting.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being ok with someone who believes Sandy Hook was staged being on the education committee.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit at that tweet. They aren't even subtle anymore. Damn..

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
GOP is gonna GOP, but Dems threw fuel on the fire when they threw Omar under the bus.