• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Youre delusional if you think trump is going to face jail time. I sympathize though. Don't do this to yourselves
Whatever about jail time, it's a realistic possibility that he will face enough legal battles to keep him in court for much of the rest of his life, potentially damaging his businesses enough to ruin them.

He's such a huge liability that there's no way our government would be okay with him escaping to a foreign enemy, right?
The difficulty is that once a president leaves office they are a private citizen. There is no easy means to restrict their travel. If Trump says he's off to Scotland or wherever to play golf, who's going to stop him? Once he's there, who's going to stop him travelling on to somewhere else?

Personally I think the idea of him running to Russia would be a fatal mistake on his part and result in him dying of totally natural causes several months later, but if he really wants to do that, it's something he could quite plausibly achieve.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The cynic in me doesn't believe he'll go to prison. But it's what he (and his inner circle) fucking deserves.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, explain to me how a Trump trial doesn't end in a hung jury every single time. His base is too large for their to be any world where at least one hardcore fan doesn't make it onto a jury every time out.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
He won't face a second in jail
Yeah a complete fairytale. Also these "TRUMP IS TERRIFIED OF" x articles are always just liberal clickbaiting. No way in hell does Trump believe he will ever set foot in prison.

we know this because Trump is reportedly soiling himself in fear over what he might be prosecuted for, and maybe go to jail over, after he leaves office.
Eye roll.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
edit: reply to insane post from the first page and not worth engaging with. My bad.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
So I keep seeing people say if he loses he'll flee the country, but what I don't get is like how exactly do they think the usa will let him? I mean sure he could but I imagine he would have to do so while still president before biden takes over, because I would have to imagine the moment biden takes over they would have to have the secret service refuse to let him even board a plane out of the country, don't the secret service travel with former presidents for a set number of years after they leave office? I can't imagine that the secret service or any government entity of the usa is gonna let trump run off to Russia or wherever after biden takes over, not just because of the crimes but because trump has already shown he can't keep secrets or not brag about stuff he knows, it would be stupid for america to let a former president wanted for crimes, fly over to Russia and be in the hands of putin or whatever other country wants to use trump to get top secret usa info he may know.

I'd imagine if that was even close to happening, he'd have travel documents cancelled the moment he tried to leave the country, I mean if not then america is maybe the dumbest country in the world for letting him walk off to enemies like that knowing they already manipulated him easily.

I mean look how easily they managed to stop Snowden traveling when he was already outside the usa on the run, you really think it would be hard to stop trump leaving on a plane? It isn't like he is an unknown person that can disappear into a crowd or whatever.

Mar 30, 2019
Hehehehehe AHHEHEHEHE aheh aheh aheh...phew ok.

I wonder if he will resign after the election results. Presidential flight first, then resignation? Well, let's see how this pans out. It's not like he is shy about trying his damndest to escape responsibility.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
don't the secret service travel with former presidents for a set number of years after they leave office?
Not automatically. People who are being protected by the Secret Service can decline that protection, with the exception of the current President and Vice President.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Now, why would he worry about that?

www.politico.com

Trump owed tens of millions to Bank of China

The president's financial dealings with the state-owned bank complicate his attacks on Biden.

www.cnn.com

Exclusive: Feds chased suspected foreign link to Trump's 2016 campaign cash for three years

For more than three years, federal prosecutors investigated whether money flowing through an Egyptian state-owned bank could have backed millions of dollars Donald Trump donated to his own campaign days before he won the 2016 election, multiple sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.

www.timesofisrael.com

Multiple Trump campaign staffers ‘reached out’ to Israel firm under FBI scrutiny

Psy-Group offered to engineer campaigns using social media manipulation against both Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican Senator Ted Cruz

Nov 1, 2017
MiserlyGlitteringHamster-max-14mb.gif
Does anyone see the irony of using this gif in moments like this? The characters portrayed are essentially fascists mocking "bugs" (to which the film alludes that the organization is essentially responsible for their aggressiveness).

Sorry Tokyo_Funk, I don't mean to put the spotlight on you specifically as I've seen others use this gif. I had to get that off my chest.

Otherwise, out of context, it is very fitting.

Edit: As several users have pointed out, many gifs are used out of context, so don't mind me. 😅

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Does anyone see the irony of using this gif in moments like this? The characters portrayed are essentially fascists mocking "bugs" (to which the film alludes that the organization is essentially responsible for their aggressiveness).

Sorry Tokyo_Funk, I don't mean to put the spotlight on you specifically as I've seen others use this gif. I had to get that off my chest.

I'm using it out of context, like how some people use this out of context:

tumblr_mo05yrJtha1r76lino1_400.gif

It's ok also, I'm used to being peoples chew toy here.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm using it out of context, like how some people use this out of context:

tumblr_mo05yrJtha1r76lino1_400.gif

It's ok also, I'm used to being peoples chew toy here.
To be fair, there are many gif reactions used out of context, so yeah I'm probably being a sensitive snowflake.

I hope you don't feel like that way. 😶 (Unless you're joking. If so, whooooosh, don't mind me 😅)

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

people also use 'it's treason, then' out of context too. palpatine's the bad guy folks.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances that Biden will pardon him?
Zero because Trump will either resign under the promise of Pence pardon or, failing that, try to test the potential legality of a self-pardon.

But Biden won't pardon him anyway. It didn't go well for Ford. Biden probably won't be pushing for indictments either, though. I think he will leave it to the discretion of the Justice Dept.

I know a lot of people say nothing will happen to him because former presidents are never prosecuted to avoid setting precedents. But Trump defies all precedent. Previous presidents didn't have tons of people who were willing to try jailing them as soon as they were out of office.

New York wants the fucker buried six feet under the jail. They've got a whole theme park lined up for him.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I bet Biden won't say one way or the other and just let the State Courts do what they do.
Yeah I can see that happening and that makes sense. I just think we have a history (as a country) of being like "ah well they're no longer president" and subsequently lionizing former presidents as if they never did anything wrong. But I can see Biden just letting the State Courts do their thing while he ignores the subject altogether.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
www.politico.com

Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots

Progressives fret as Joe Biden's transition team vets a handful of Republicans for his potential administration.

Yeah it looks like Biden is totally gonna make the GOP face some consequences guys, can't wait for Trump to be held accountable for his actions like you know, every other republican President before him.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
www.politico.com

Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots

Progressives fret as Joe Biden's transition team vets a handful of Republicans for his potential administration.

Yeah it looks like Biden is totally gonna make the GOP face some consequences guys, can't wait for Trump to be held accountable for his actions like you know, every other republican President before him.
Thread this article was based on was closed because claim was poorly sourced.
www.resetera.com

Politico: Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots News

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/20/biden-transition-republican-cabinet-429972

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
That's why I think he is going to try to steal the election. I hope people are ready to fight against all kinds of shenanigans.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Will Putin have him over or nah?

And have to deal with the geopolitical disaster from it? Just the thought of sanctions finally being enforced already have Putin distancing away plus not to mention he would probably want to be on everyones good side when a vaccine to covid is found and share in a world economic reconstruction.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
No chance this is happening and you're delusional for thinking it. The only parsons coming for Trump and his Cronies will be coming from the man himself.

...you think Joe Biden is going to pardon Trump?

The exact opposite of this
Duh lmao. Joe Biden is literally running on a platform of unity and coming together. If Trump does end up getting charged with a crime then Biden will pardon him as an olive branch to the maga people so the country can focus on "healing." The playbook couldn't be more obvious.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do former Presidents get secret service protection while in jail?

That'd be such a weird assignment.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what kind of a threat the resulting unrest would be to the country, and if they choose not to pursue it because of it.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
This is the reason from now until January is going to be hell. Literally a man with nothing to lose and a sizable number of his GOP allies are fucked if he goes down too. He will not leave office willingly unless he flees and you can bet he's going to be crying election fraud from now until forever.