• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
With all the money trump has raised I don't even know why he has to beg the NRA for money. Trump wasn't going to pass gun legislation anyway.
Because super rich people especially ones like Trump are penny pinching assholes.

Anyway this is spot on:

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
And this is why I think Republicans will impeach him. Because he's NOT. GOING. TO. STOP. He's going to keep stepping on landmines, and they're going to keep having to excuse it, over and over and over.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If he just commits ALL of the crimes, he can't be convicted of any of them. #4Dchess

tenor.gif

So, is r/t_d melting down, yet? Please say yes.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
I 100% believe he is stupid enough to do this.

Also, after a life of bullshitting, bullying his way out of every shit he does... He probably believes he is untouchable (life has yet to prove him wrong, but I hope judgement is coming soon).

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Commit more crimes in order to help escape getting caught committing crimes. Can't say I'm surprised.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% believe he is stupid enough to do this.

Also, after a life of bullshitting, bullying his way out of every shit he does... He probably believes he is untouchable (life has yet to prove him wrong, but I hope judgement is coming soon).
He 100% believes he's untouchable.

I'm still not sure he isn't right about that.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally the whole point of the NRA and what they discuss with politicians in every meeting. I do not know why the New York Times edited their wording to something less accurate. It was fine as it was.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how this isn't quid pro quo, even if they didn't explicitly say "We will give you money in exchange for ignoring new gun legislation"

This is essentially "You have the drugs?" "You have the money?" *both parties walk away with drugs or money*

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Isn't using the NRA as a slush fund the same day the Senate revealed they are a domestic Russian front kinda bad?

The NYT edit doesn't change the implied meaning of why Trump reached out. Based on Michael Cohen, the whistleblower complaint, and countless other scenarios we know Trump speaks fluent mobster.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think is the longest period of time between committing crimes Trump has ever managed?

I reckon ten minutes.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
With all due respect, I think the thread title would be better served by...

Quid pro D'oh!

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't using the NRA as a slush fund the same day the Senate revealed they are a domestic Russian front kinda bad?

The NYT edit doesn't change the implied meaning of why Trump reached out. Based on Michael Cohen, the whistleblower complaint, and countless other scenarios we know Trump speaks fluent mobster.

RICO was literally created because of situations like this.

From after Cohen testimony
Fighting the Mafia posed a uniquely hard challenge for investigators. Mafia families were involved in numerous distinct crimes and schemes, over yearslong periods, all for the clear benefit of its leadership, but those very leaders were tough to prosecute because they were rarely involved in the day-to-day crime. They spoke in their own code, rarely directly ordering a lieutenant to do something illegal, but instead offering oblique instructions or expressing general wishes that their lieutenants simply knew how to translate into action.

Those explosive — and arresting — hearings led to the 1970 passage of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, better known as RICO, a law designed to allow prosecutors to go after enterprises that engaged in extended, organized criminality. RICO laid out certain "predicate" crimes — those that prosecutors could use to stitch together evidence of a corrupt organization and then go after everyone involved in the organization as part of an organized conspiracy. While the headline-grabbing RICO "predicates" were violent crimes like murder, kidnapping, arson and robbery, the statute also focused on crimes like fraud, obstruction of justice, money laundering and even aiding or abetting illegal immigration.

It took prosecutors a while to figure out how to use RICO effectively, but by the mid-1980s, federal investigators in the Southern District of New York were hitting their stride under none other than the crusading United States attorney Rudy Giuliani, who as the head of the Southern District brought charges in 1985 against the heads of the city's five dominant Mafia families.
RICO was precisely designed to catch the godfathers and bosses at the top of these crime syndicates — people a step or two removed from the actual crimes committed, those whose will is made real, even without a direct order.

Exactly, it appears, as Mr. Trump did at the top of his family business: "Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress. That's not how he operates," Mr. Cohen said. Mr. Trump, Mr. Cohen said, "doesn't give orders. He speaks in code. And I understand that code."

What's notable about Mr. Cohen's comments is how they paint a consistent (and credible) pattern of Mr. Trump's behavior: The former F.B.I. director James Comey, in testimony nearly two years ago in the wake of his firing, made almost exactly the same point and used almost exactly the same language. Mr. Trump never directly ordered him to drop the Flynn investigation, Mr. Comey said, but he made it all too clear what he wanted — the president isolated Mr. Comey, with no other ears around, and then said he hoped Mr. Comey "can let this go." As Mr. Comey said, "I took it as, this is what he wants me to do." He cited in his testimony then the famous example of King Henry II's saying, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?," a question that resulted in the murder of that very meddlesome priest, Thomas Becket.

RICO was made for Trump. And something signed into law by Nixon and used to great degree by Giuliani makes it all the more poetic to be applied to Trump the second he's not in office...

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
NTY and Washington post have been making a lot of mistakes lately. All about getting that news out as quick as possible. We'll fix it later.

... Starting to sound like the video game industry.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
The only thing more amusing than Trump's daily jackassery is how many people comes charging into a thread and posting based only on the thread title (which has been debunked at this point)