• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the threads full of people gloating about their shitty chicken sandwiches the next time Chik Fil A comes out with a new product

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It would be awesome if they moved away from the anti-LGBT stuff. Actually put that money towards something that helps people.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
It would be awesome if they moved away from the anti-LGBT stuff. Actually put that money towards something that helps people.

They do donate generously to organizations - many religious - that do objective good in many communities. It's just that with that comes a lot of anti-LGBT, "freedom of religion" initiatives. It's not quite part and parcel as plenty religious organizations just stick to humanitarian work. But you can see quite quickly how it leads to much more harmful delegations.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Wait a minute, wait a minute what.
They actually listened to whiny lowlife alt-righters and conservative politicians?

Nah, nah, fuck CFA.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Well, I was looking up Chik-Fil-A, in light of the controversy, and stumbled upon this article bemoaning the supposed surrender to "leftists".
Let's look at the conservative view on this.

Chick-fil-A's Shameful Capitulation

After what one Chick-fil-A executive called "years of taking it on the chin," referring presumably to the decades of hectoring leveled at the company by LGBT activists, the press, and scolds at American colleges and universities, the fast-food chain announced its decision to withdraw support from three Christian charities with traditionally Christian views on human sexuality.
Homophobia is a traditional Christian view I'm guessing? Good to know from this guy.

It certainly bears little resemblance to the business founded by Truett Cathy, who famously stated that he "was not so committed to financial success that" he "was willing to abandon" his "principles and priorities." That's precisely what Chick-fil-A has done: It has abandoned their principles and betrayed the consumers who buoyed their rise from relative obscurity into the multibillion-dollar colossus that it is today.
I don't think that many people are actually concerned about their donations, or even know about them taht visit there. But it's like religious cosnervatives are a major element behind their rise(?) which is unsubstantiated.
Chick-fil-A is attempting to indulge the sorts of people who not only want to see the company abandon the explicitly biblical principles upon which it was founded but also demand that it disavow its "anti-LGBT reputation." Problem is, Chick-fil-A's once-reliable adherence to a set of religious values is what gave it the "reputation" that made it so successful in the first place.
As if successful restaurants that have clean stores, and well payed employees have a correlation with having "Christian values".

Bonus comments by conservatives, who claim to be relatively tolerant towards "Gays".

Commenter:
I have no issues with Gays, and neither does the church or the bible - but they both have issues with putting those inclinations into practice.

Whether one can live up to those standards is between them and God, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with setting the bar at the biblical level.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both Wendy's & Popeyes Spicy Chicken Sandwiches puts Chick-Fil-A's Spicy Chicken Sandwich to shame.
The only truth.

And Wendy's has spicy nuggets.

I won't lie, I was looking forward to eating there if only to have another breakfest option but fuck them and their homophobia.

Last edited: