• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has shown again and again that they don't really give a fuck about #4TheGamers , with this case and the whole crossplay shit(that they're still fucking up). If Destiny 3 gets a marketing deal like that again I doubt people will get transfers.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, fuck Sony! because why not, but why isn't cross progression a thing between Xbox and PC then? Cause "fuck Sony"?

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has shown again and again that they don't really give a fuck about #4TheGamers , with this case and the whole crossplay shit(that they're still fucking up). If Destiny 3 gets a marketing deal like that again I doubt people will get transfers.
Sony has never been about the players. They've always been about the payers.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I want cross progression so badly. I want to play PC destiny so bad but I don't want to restart everything

Jumping from PS4 to PC was a stupid hard transition. I lost all that work and a lot of people that I played Destiny with and I still miss playing D2 with the D1 people I spent years playing with.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
why do people treat businesses as if they have morals. Sony is in a position of power and they will abuse whatever they can to make sure it remains that way. They are businesses not friends. Any other company would be smart to do the same like it or not. Is it the best move for us the consumers? No not at all and as someone who played a lot of destiny and moved over to PC I was pissed about having to restart again but the only surprise for me here is that Activision would of allowed that sort of feature either.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I want cross progression so badly. I want to play PC destiny so bad but I don't want to restart everything
Its best to do it at next gear reset (if it happens with D3) cause you dont actually lose anything. I switched as forsaken launched and the first few weeks where i didnt have my favourite exotics were rough.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Sony.

Hopefully Bungie add cross progression for D3 and drop the absurd year+ long exclusives. If not, fuck them too.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Shocking that the most anti consumer companies in the industry right now would do something anti consumer. Just add it to all their respective lists.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're basically back at the level of Sony arrogance from the PS3 times, aren't we?

I'd imagine if Xbox hadn't been so catastrophically anti consumer and fucked itself so badly early on, we might have had some degree of competition.

As it is, you hand everything to your competitor on a plate, you can't be surprised when they feel like they don't have to try that hard anymore.

It's a terrible position for the industry to be in. To be honest, given that, it's a good job the Switch has been so successful.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
We're basically back at the level of Sony arrogance from the PS3 times, aren't we?
Do people actually believe they ever stopped being arrogant? Europe bought the hell out of PS3 at launch and maybe they lagged behind for a couple of years, but people in NA eventually caved and bought PS3 and Sony caught back up in the long run. Sony didn't learn anything because they never had to; there would always be people willing to buy PlayStations no matter what they did.

That said, I don't think that not allowing transfers to another console ecosystem really qualifies as arrogant at all; what console manufacturer is going to want people to be able to leave? Maybe MORE people will migrate to their platform, sure, but people leaving is bad news no matter what the situation, so no migration for anybody.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I would have loved this. Originally started Destiny 1 on PS4 and got Destiny 2 on PS4. Finished the main game before expansions and didn't have friends that wanted to play the expansions on PS4, but had a few on Xbox One. I never bought on Xbox one, but if I could have jumped in with my character from PS4 I definitely would have. I hope they do this for Destiny 3...

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Wow fuck Sony

For real

As someone who's put thousands of hours into destiny and having to start over just to play with different friends group... this is just depressing. I hate where gaming is going and I hate the fact that Sony is constantly in the news with anti consumer policies.

I hope they get shit for this but no one cares enough to actually make noise.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
If they don't I'm not bothering with D3. Plain and simple.
I enjoyed building Thorn the three times I had to, but if I hadn't been forced to I'd have enjoyed it a lot more...

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
This is why I haven't turned on my PS4 in months. Now I'm even debating whether or not I wanna buy days gone. Get your shit together Sony. You can't have your motto be "4theplayers" if you treat the players worse than any other console maker.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Gotta love that arrogant Sony. Like, are they worried that people would dump PS4 for PC if this was possible? Judging by some of the replies that does appear to be the case.

But guess what assholes, I restarted my whole character on PC anyways! muahahaha

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Wow. The people on this thread calling bungie liars don't understand game dev. Your main marketing partner says no to this feature. Now, even if they DIDN'T have full veto over implementation (not confirmed, but certainly not impossible - Destiny also didn't come out on PC for a while but even then a significant group of people were willing to lose progress to jump from PS4 to PC), Sony still stopped it from happening. How? Because this is the type of decision that has to be made fairly early on into the design and implementation of servers and the like. It's not always (or usually ever) as easy as just flipping a switch to make things work. So you expect Bungie and Activision to spend a bunch of money bifurcating their servers and online decisions with a minor, but player friendly feature just to get around Sony?

That was never gonna happen. The same way it's not economical for many devs to implement cross play if Sony isn't on board. Sure, the devs could have done it anyway, but to lay the blame at THEIR feet and absolve Saint Sony of all sin? That's just dumb. (That said, I think the main loser here is ultimately Activision. So. Iono how much everyone cares.)

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, I didn't know they pulled power moves like that when it comes to third party marketing partnerships. Pretty fucked up tbh.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
That's absurd, Sony lately has been really anti-consumer, wtf. They're the leading market leader, I doubt if people transfer their account to another version they would lose their lead in the market. Its baffling what being in 1st does to these companies

Well I guess people moving over to P.C. is a bad look for them, makes sense.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Kinda hoping against Hope here that a gen reset puts an end to this stuff.

With crossplay and cross progression starting to gain traction at the tail end of this gen, hopefully next gen is just marketing deals.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, nice one Sony. Classic anti-consumer horseshit. Tiresome.

I knew I made a good choice in getting a 1X for all of my multiplatform titles, with an eye toward the next gen. I'll definitely pick up the next Xbox first. And the PS5, well, who knows? Maybe I'll skip Sony for a generation in protest of the dumb crap they keep pulling, and be contented with dirt cheap PS4 titles.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this has affected bungie directly.
Has cross platform progression even shown to have any kind of impact on people double dipping?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Wow that sucks coming from someone who owns the game on both platforms and wishes he could crossplay. My PC character has all the great exotics while on PS4 I can't get shit to drop, but i'd rather play on PS4 Pro. Fix your policies Sony.

blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany
That's an issue where Sony seriously needs to eat shit. Same situation like their censorship thing. WTF Sony?!

And yeah you can secure your market leadership, sure, but stuff like this unnecessary imo.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant help but feel all this bullshit the last few years from Sony will snowball on them bigtime once the PS5 / next xbox is a thing.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I cant help but feel all this bullshit the last few years from Sony will snowball on them bigtime once the PS5 / next xbox is a thing.
Microsoft only really managed to get a foothold in the last gen because the Xbox 360 was a perfect storm:
  • Beat the PS3 to market by a year
  • Had substantially easier hardware to develop for (which Sony partially funded, as they intended to use an IBM chipset as well)
  • Had a $300 and $400 model at launch, while the PS3 launched at $500 and $600
  • Substantially less confusing UX, games did not need to install to the HDD to be played
  • Backwards compatible with OG Xbox games, so Halo 2 was up and running with fully functioning online multiplayer day one of the 360's launch (this alone was a huge marketing point, as Halo 2 was only a year old when the 360 launched)
Sony bungled just about every step of the console launch process, leading to them playing catch-up for years until the PS3 Slim launched.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Yo Sony, seriously, go fuck yourselves.

Bungie pretty much has the tools in place for a universal account via Bungie.net. and their APIs. I seriously hope that gets established before Destiny 3.

True cross play would be absolutely incredible though.

Feb 10, 2018

I think they will be very cross play friendly at the start of the PS5s life.

Console launches are like presidential campaigns they promise things at the start and then show there more true colours when they win.