• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
How is having a metal detector unconstitutional and dangerous for senators/house members exactly?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I just want people to know that millions of students, both high school and even earlier, are forced to go through metal detectors every time they go to school because politicians like the ones in the OP feel that children's blood being spilled in classrooms is worth it to "protect their 2nd Amendment rights." If kids can deal with the triffling hassle of going through a metal detector almost daily, why can't these clowns?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
It's intriguing but I'll wait for a real investigation.
Same.

Seen a few "face comparisons" go wrong in my day.

But she did claim in the media she was given a tour of the capitol building by her daughter.

coloradosun.com

Lauren Boebert vowed to shake things up in Congress. She has delivered in her first week.

As she barnstormed across the 3rd Congressional District last year with a pistol on her hip and a steady stream of Democrat-aimed insults rolling off her tongue, Lauren Boebert promised to make a big, loud splash in the nation’s capital if voters sent her to Congress. Colorado’s newest U.S...

Boebert's mother, Shawn Bentz, did not respond to a Facebook message asking for comment about her daughter's first week in office. Bentz, who is an open supporter of QAnon on social media, went to Washington with Boebert for her swearing in ceremony. She was pictured with Boebert at that ceremony and mentioned that she had gone on detailed tours of the Capitol buildings with her daughter. She was staying with Boebert in her D.C. apartment that first week, according to her social media posts.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Same.

Seen a few "face comparisons" go wrong in my day.

But she did claim in the media she was given a tour of the capitol building by her daughter.

coloradosun.com

Lauren Boebert vowed to shake things up in Congress. She has delivered in her first week.

As she barnstormed across the 3rd Congressional District last year with a pistol on her hip and a steady stream of Democrat-aimed insults rolling off her tongue, Lauren Boebert promised to make a big, loud splash in the nation’s capital if voters sent her to Congress. Colorado’s newest U.S...

I wondered what this was about. I imagine it's not the last we hear about it. Real bad look if it is her, with Boebert's Tweets sounding even more sinister.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It seems incredibly obvious to me that these Qanon caucus freaks never had any interest in being a civil servant, they're just using this to get "fired 4 tha second amendment!!!" on their resume, all while exposing aging Democrats to Covid in hopes of getting them killed.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
That's a stupid accusation to make like that and he deserves to get sued for a ton of money if he's wrong.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I can't tell if you're serious or you're just ignorant about slander and defamation.
He didn't even make an accusation. He just said some dramatic things while re-tweeting.

Olbermann has done far worse and not gotten sued.

And in the US slander and defamation cases are incredibly rare/tough to do anything with in the first place.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
He didn't even make an accusation. He just said some dramatic things while re-tweeting.

Olbermann has done far worse and not gotten sued.

And in the US slander and defamation cases are incredibly rare/tough to do anything with in the first place.
Not Keith, the person who he linked to. What Keith is doing is also incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous as well. It's why mods here ban people for conducting their own investigations with zero actual evidence.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if you're serious or you're just ignorant about slander and defamation.
Slander cases are way harder to win than libel. You have to prove the statement was false, prove you suffered from damages and prove the statement was unprivileged. Oh, and since he's a public official, he would also have to prove actual malice behind the statement.

It's exceedingly hard for a public official to ever win a slander case

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not Keith, the person who he linked to. What Keith is doing is also incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous as well. It's why mods here ban people for conducting their own investigations with zero actual evidence.
That's.... not how any of this works. If it was Biden could literally sue half of twitter successfully. Reason mods don't do sleuthing is because that causes a cesspool of bad behavior and hunting people down.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That person is making an accusation without proof. That's just stupid. Let the authorities do it.
I mean, I'm not thinking much of that internet sleuther's comparison till we get hard evidence. But there's no legal avenue against someone tweeting stuff like that. I mean, spurious lawsuits are an option. Just ask Devin Nunes' cow. But those lawsuits have no basis and wouldn't survive a court room.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Oh you said "he"; it says "she/her" in the profile of the accuser.

But she fell back to "this is just an opinion" either way.

It's really not hard to avoid slander/libel in the US.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does everyone make of this?

This actually makes a lot of sense to me since the first time I saw that video, I swore her look and voice reminded me of Boebert herself. But then I thought to myself that that was impossible for obvious reasons...

If it actually turns out to be her mother... lol

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This actually makes a lot of sense to me since the first time I saw that video, I swore her look and voice reminded me of Boebert herself. But then I thought to myself that that was impossible for obvious reasons...

If it actually turns out to be her mother... lol
There's some people talking about her voice in the twitter thread; she's been on video several times and they are linked.

There's also some less than convincing comparisons; but the pink hat lady also just looks different in different shots.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine coming into this thread and giving a single fuck about what the sedition trash is being accused of.

Or instead of backing down when it's possible you don't know what you're talking about, just double down!

The "accusation" is that her mother was there. That's it. It's not anything you can be sued for saying

whoaaabundy

Sep 11, 2019
Ya'll talking about like it's some vast conspiracy and shit. In my state, it's unlawful for police to detain or delay a legislator if they're on the way to vote. It might even be more vague than that.

I'm sure something similar is in place in DC and these idiots are probably using something like that to circumvent the security.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Or instead of backing down when it's possible you don't know what you're talking about, just double down!

The "accusation" is that her mother was there. That's it. It's not anything you can be sued for saying
The accusation isnt just that she was there. It's that she was on the bullhorn directing people on how to take the capitol building using inside information of the layout inside. Speaking of not knowing what you're talking about.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
You ever hear of a guy named Richard Jewell? Google him.
That was a private citizen suing corporations, not a private citizen being sued for defamation. Also he (or rather his family) lost the only case that wasn't settled out of court. So it's actually evidence contrary to your point.