• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I am getting really bad vibes from Hasan.

He seems like the equivalent of a far right winger but on the left. He is constantly angry and seems to think of himself as moraly and intellectually superior.

It makes me feel so sad that AOC and others have gone through such traumatic experiences, and unfortunately i don't feel like there will be accountability.

I can't stop wrapping my mind around the idea that it must have been an inside job.
That's the problem with people who use leftism as an identity/social group/counter culture instead of genuinely engaging in talk of policy or even theory. He's a Ben Shapiro type who thinks that staying informed makes him deserve a platform. Entertaining guy who knows his audience, but not a voice that should be taken as anything more than that.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Is there a summary of what she said? I had a late work meeting and just got done.
-She goes through her day leading up to the attack (Sunday - Wednesday)
-Had a gut feeling that something was going to happen while grocery shopping, this was Sunday.
-Came out as a sexual assault survivor and made comparisons to Republican members of Congress and what a gaslighting sexual assaulter would do.
-When the attack was happening, she decided to hide in the bathroom within an office, thought she was going to die because of banging on the door; noticed it was a capitol police officer who was yelling "Where is she?!" without identifying who he was. They looked angry at her and she had know idea if the officer was friendly or not. Eventually the officer told her to go to a non-de script part of the Capitol alone without backup from himself.
-Had to use Google Maps to find out what part of the building the officer was talking about, believe she said it was a parking garage of sorts. Someone can fact check me if I'm misremembering.
-Later on she hid in another office with staff and stayed there for hours.
-Ended it by saying what political/presidential ambition does one must have to feel it is okay to put Congress and staff members at risk of death.

Anybody else can chime in to let me know if I missed any important details.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't even get what he's saying here.

I think he's implying that her story doesn't add up because she isn't going over every little detail of it and maybe isn't thinking straight about the events. Like when he's talking about Katie Porter, he's like 'but how can she be doing that when you said she was just chilling and drinking coffee' as if she's telling like a beat by beat storybook telling of this and any details left out from beat to beat means something.

I guess anyway. That's how I and I think that Twitter user is interpreting what he's babbling about there.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching him because of the positive response towards him here and in other places, but after the stream where he kept defending the transphobia in Cyberpunk2077 to the point of he was dismissing trans voices as "people just looking to get mad" or something to that effect I dropped him. He isn't impressive at all, and his popularity is baffling.
I'm starting to get on this wavelength too. Hasan was a good source of election news and I still think he has a place in converting some of the younger, edgier twitch viewers into leftists over time, but he's a total douchebag. I have a feeling he would have been found doing something really problematic by now if we weren't currently in the middle of a pandemic.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
It really is frightening to think what would have happened if the terrorist found her or one of the other squad members. We'd see live videos of their murder.

They would have probably killed Pence so I can only imagine what they would have done to her.

AOC is the very thing these white nationalist fucks fear: POC, woman, smart, and entirely self-empowered.

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck all Republicans.

Also Michael Rappaport is a known dbag. Just because he shits on Trump doesn't make him a good person.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There has to be accountability for this. It's insane how the responsible Republicans are handwaving this criminal bs away.

I am getting really bad vibes from Hasan.

He seems like the equivalent of a far right winger but on the left. He is constantly angry and seems to think of himself as moraly and intellectually superior.
Yup, same. I don't get his popularity explosion.

I'm sticking to Pakman for some level-headed, non-sensationalist commentary.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Is this about Hasan or AOC? Jesus Christ
I hope that telling the story help AOC and she feels at least a little better. Fuck all those who are talking shit about what she said.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there really even any investigation into all this anymore or are they just giving joke sentences until it all goes away?

It sounds like even the Democrat party or the Biden admin have forgotten about it.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Is there really even any investigation into all this anymore or are they just giving joke sentences until it all goes away?

It sounds like even the Democrat party or the Biden admin have forgotten about it.
Pretty sure that General who did hurricane responses is in charge, it's annoying not getting any info but at the same time it shouldn't just be speculative nonsense either from either political party. No idea how fast he's expected to do his investigation though.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ. This is why worms like Hawley and Cruz don't want to be held accountable. Some horrible shit happened here and they were responsible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Re: Hasan, I understand why someone would find his usual commentary a little off-putting in today's IG stream. I think he gets somewhat carried away by the chat users and yeah those people in chat are usually always there for the lulz. Feels like a mistake in retrospect to keep it lighthearted especially now knowing that AoC revealed that she is a survivor.

I found it funny in one place where he said that this is like a zombie invasion, and a second later AoC literally says it feels like a scene out of a zombie movie. In the end I think he has done more towards keeping audiences engaged in progressive politics rather than being silent "we don't talk about politics" type, and that has a huge impact on his followers. Also extremely disappointed to learn he has handwaved Transphobia in Cyberpunks.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
The alyssa milano/Hasan being unsympathetic drama and rose Twitter thinking it's a good idea to target her posts to talk about American imperialism/$2k checks...

you expect people from certain sides to be pig headed or dismissive about these sort of discussions, but the amount of it coming from the left online is sure something :\

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Hasan, I understand why someone would find his usual commentary a little off-putting in today's IG stream. I think he gets somewhat carried away by the chat users and yeah those people in chat are usually always there for the lulz. Feels like a mistake in retrospect to keep it lighthearted especially now knowing that AoC revealed that she is a survivor.

I found it funny in one place where he said that this is like a zombie invasion, and a second later AoC literally says it feels like a scene out of a zombie movie. In the end I think he has done more towards keeping audiences engaged in progressive politics rather than being silent "we don't talk about politics" type, and that has a huge impact on his followers. Also extremely disappointed to learn he has handwaved Transphobia in Cyberpunks.

I think he should at least have the intuition to know not to stream overly sensitive and serious subjects then, if he isn't willing to take it completely seriously.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all the love to AOC and every other rep who was targeted by these white supremacists

an absolutely chilling account from AOC, literally thinking about the momentum of the progressive movement as she believes she's about to be murdered. those fucking shitbag R's don't have even a fraction of the strength that she shows on a daily basis. and it wasn't the first time she felt her life was threatened! scum scum scum. every R that voted against certifying the election needs to get gone.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Of all the takes I've seen over the past twelve hours, the ones by this Federalist writer are by far the grossest.

And before you ask, yes, he has previously downplayed the Capitol coup.

(The publication in question published a piece about her "weaponizing" sexual assault, but fuck that, I ain't sharing.)

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
It's time to fucking boot Federalist and this chump off Twitter. Fucking hell what will it take.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the takes I've seen over the past twelve hours, the ones by this Federalist writer are by far the grossest.

(The publication in question published a piece about her "weaponizing" sexual assault, but fuck that, I ain't sharing.)

Honestly, it was the most obvious response I was expecting the moment somebody posted what AOC said. If you're going to downplay sexual assault (and a fucking coup), can't people come up with something original? It's so obvious and shitty I can't even believe anybody saying it actually believes it.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Michael Tracy such a fucking loser.

I was gonna say when I first saw that tweet is that it's only shit someone would say if they didn't already believe/had a vested interest in portraying the insurrection as "not that bad"/"overblown"/"unimportant". AOC marked these fucks like Tracy before they even woke up that morning. Anyone paying attention and not looking to attach bs about it being a false flag by antifa or whatever the fuck should be horrified by what happened on the 6th where they multiple people died. The idea that AOC is trying to manipulate people into feeling for her is fucked when you should already be feeling for her for the fact that her and her colleagues were nearly overrun by a bigoted, dangerous mob that was there to harm and kill politicians if they could. She's not interested in that bs because she knows you should already sympathize with her if you have any humanity. The story about her assault is just about framing her own experiences & feelings during & after the already obviously traumatizing event and the tepid & hostile respone and not a fucking ploy for political & social brownie points. To even think so shows just how sick people of Tracy's ilk are.

Last edited:

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Fuck all Republicans.

Also Michael Rappaport is a known dbag. Just because he shits on Trump doesn't make him a good person.
Thank you. People were celebrating him when he put out those goodbye Trump videos. He's an asshole and always has been. Ask Lily Taylor. "But that was ages ago!" Some of the people on this site can be uneven in their feminism just because they like a celebrity.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, that gives them a win and it's to late for that even if she wanted. If she truely believes in what she wants to change for this country she will continue to fight for it.
She truly believes in what she's fighting for but where's the requirement that she be a martyr? She has talked about leaving public office due to the violent threats and the fact that some in her own party view her as an enemy.

She has stated in the past that it's better off that more everyday working class people run for office than wait for a political savior.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She truly believes in what she's fighting for but where's the requirement that she be a martyr? She has talked about leaving public office due to the violent threats and the fact that some in her own party view her as an enemy.

She has stated in the past that it's better off that more everyday working class people run for office than wait for a political savior.
While I agree she should do what's best for her, the unfortunate part of all this is that even if she retires, the death threats and obsessions will still follow her. It's not something that can be put back into the bottle.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I don't really get what the pet thing is supposed to accomplish, it's just going to make it trend more, and people who are curious what it's about aren't going to be deterred by poodle spam.