• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
This is goddamn aspirational levels of fuckery. I hope everyone who's shitting on OP reads this and realizes the balls! The balls and observance it must have taken to come up with this strategy.

Small victories. The PPA has no sympathy for the lives they fuck over so when some one gets the small things past I like to celebrate. Lord knows when the next time an opportunity comes along to sparkle on the system.

F responsibility and the law, he'd rather buy video games.

I would indeed.

Oct 25, 2017
Man that's quite an amnesty you took advantage of. Frankly unpaid parking tickets are like last on my list of bad parking behavior in Philly. Double parking, blocking entire streets for 20 minutes while you sit in your car and talk with someone at their door, parking in front of garages, and savesies are all way worse.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still a little mystified about how selling a car gets rid of ones parking tickets, but I think OP's motivation here being plainly so stated as just "fuck the law" and "charge it to the game" has won me over. Props on the long game win.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's never gotten a parking ticket, congrats OP. Most parking tickets are all a game to rake in as much money from people as humanly possible. Even worse when you factor in sleezy tow companies who camp out so that they can jump and practically steal vehicles from people to hold hostage. It's a system that largely preys on poor people and minorities, so fuck it.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
sorta.

Sorry y'all I just left the gig.

First of all the PPA is a shithole of a organization that preys on the little guy. Look at the old Parking Wars show. That shit was for real.

Second look at the video in the link. Notice a trend? I'm not saying I'm just saying.

And it was more lile 8 racks but I had to dispute some and pay the rest. Parking tickets never expire and some of these are from like 15+ years ago. I played the game with them like they did with me. When I was in tech school I would park on the street and forget to feed the meter and when I racked up enough tickets I would change the plates or sell the car. Its all game.
How much does changing your plates even cost?

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Since I'm from a land far, far away I really can't tell if it's just different/terrible over where OP lives, or if OP is the terrible one.
All I know is, this sounds insane, and getting out of paying the fines sounds wrong.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
The amount of bizarre rationalization by the OP is staggering. I lived in Philly for two years and never once got a parking ticket.

But sure, be selfish and irresponsible then brag about it on the internet.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Since I'm from a land far, far away I really can't tell if it's just different/terrible over where OP lives, or if OP is the terrible one.
All I know is, this sounds insane, and getting out of paying the fines sounds wrong.

I lived in the same town. It is the OP. Based on his post history he just doesn't believe in rules or paying his bills. Instead of taking any personal responsibility he blames the government, his upbringign, or whatever else flimsy excuse he can come up with so he can do whatever he wants without having to be an adult.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't boot your car on sight. $6k in tickets? God damn.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the FUCK did you get that amount of parking tickets built up? I've had one, ever. And it wasn't even really me personally, it was more like a group of us got it in a rented van in a city we didn't know very well.

I don't know man, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you should pay your fines. In my view you're not a "winner", you're just abusing the system. Probably at the cost of others (who might get higher fines because some are refusing to pay theirs).

Oct 27, 2017
I can attest to the fuckery of The Philadelphia Parking Authority. I got a $300 ticket for parking in a handicapped spot. The sign declaring it a handicapped spot was 3 inches by 3 inches and was placed at the bottom third of the sign post and there were 2 other signs on the pole above it. No blue painted asphalt, no blue curb. I honestly had no idea it was a handicapped spot until I read the ticket and then I had to look for the sign.

I paid it but FUCK the PPA

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
God damn. In Chicago if you get like 3 tickets back logged they just boot your car and tow it.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
$8K in tickets
23714-full.png

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of money to get wiped clean. Good lawd.
It only gets wiped if you paid all tickets of the last five years, though. So OP might want to tell us how much he paid to make them go away, seeing how he rules the streets could've been paying much more than what he got wiped.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Predictable responses from the uninitiated who've never been in the bowels of bureaucratic fecal matter.

Is my case extreme, yes of course it is I wouldn't have made a thread about beating a $30 parking ticket. You think amnesty is a yearly thing? Hell no! City Council came up with the idea because they know the PPA has screwed people over for years. You think the line was around the block filled with poor black and brown people because they are the only people that live in the city of Philadelphia? C'mon folks. I took advantage of a system that takes advantage of people. Its part of the game.

I haven't gotten a parking ticket (that I haven't paid ) in a long time and I'm DAMN sure never racking up that many tickets again.

God damn. In Chicago if you get like 3 tickets back logged they just boot your car and tow it.

Its the same way here and the car that I got the majority of tickets on was booted and towed years ago.

Don't you get bench warrants each time you miss a ticket? Also don't you get license suspended and insurance rates go up? What is this?

Loophole 3
The PPA IS NOT A CITY OR STATE GOVERNMENT DEPT. They are akin to parking bounty hunters. Cops can write parking citations but it falls under the PPA. Therefore state issued privileges (DL and Registrations ) are not subject to the "authority" of the PPA. They have no court power just property seizure. Moving violations? Pay thoses Quick fast and keep it moving. That ain't nothing to play with.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loophole 3
The PPA IS NOT A CITY OR STATE GOVERNMENT DEPT. They are akin to parking bounty hunters. Cops can write parking citations but it falls under the PPA. Therefore state issued privileges (DL and Registrations ) are not subject to the "authority" of the PPA. They have no court power just property seizure. Moving violations? Pay thoses Quick fast and keep it moving. That ain't nothing to play with.

I did not know this;
Thank you for letting me know this,

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
6000$ huh.
Yeah, parking tickets can be quite harsh when you're in a hurry and accidentally leave your 737 in front of the hospital's main entrance blocking it.
For a few weeks.

I would park on the street and forget to feed the meter and when I racked up enough tickets I would change the plates or sell the car. Its all game.

Wait, so you sell the car and everything is forgotten? The fines are on the car, not the owner ? Holy shit what a country.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've got like, two unpaid parking tickets from a private car park. I'm just waiting for the two years to be up from the date of the ticket at which point in time the statute of limitations will be up and I'll be home free.

Those tickets might be worth like, 200?

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you made it out of this without a fucked up credit rating or a suspended license, but props.

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP you just waste Philly tax payers a lot of money, I hope you are happy.

Deleted member 39450

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
When I was in tech school I would park on the street and forget to feed the meter and when I racked up enough tickets I would change the plates or sell the car. Its all game.

I'm surprised they let you register a new car/plate with that many tickets. In Boston they were pretty expert at finding you and making you pay just to update your registration.

I once was in line at the tow lot behind a broke college student who wanted to abandon his car to catch up on rent. They refused to give him the form until he paid hundreds of dollars in tickets, a storage fee for towing the car there, an abandonment fee and … surprise … $400 to get the boot off that had been slapped on just before it was towed. I thought he was going to reach into the cage and throttle the attendant.

Hats off to you though…well played.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
All I can say, is watching the show Parking Wars, I feel so sorry for the people working inside the PPA. They get harrassed so much just because the general public doesn't want to hold themselves accountable when it comes to finding legal parking and following traffic laws.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
I feel guilty waiting in the fire lane for my wife to come out of target. My homie out here parking and just NOT PAYING. Holy shit.