Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Metroid? That all I care about.

Ohwait. He's donezors.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Is it actually at all possible for Nintendo to let Reggie present something?

I know he has nothing to do with them anymore (is a shareholder or anything like that?) but it would be such a great gesture just to let him announce shit anyway.

C'mon Nintendo. Do it.

So happy he will be there in any capacity. He is a living legend. I always liked him and found him funny but I think I appreciate him even more now that he's gone.
I'm sure that if Nintendo wanted him to do a one-off PR thing for them they could easily work something out.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's time....
j2kkuy6ilgr11.png

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Do we know the recipient of the Industry Icon award? I want it to be Sakurai and Reggie is the perfect person to do it.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Coming out of retirement for 2 minutes to announce Mother 3 then retire again. It would be a great moment, and frankly at this point he's the only person who could announce it.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing for Reggie to do would be to go on stage and then say "come on, Doug, where's Mother 3?" Whether we see an actual announcement for Mother 3 is moot, but Reggie doing that would be silly fun.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Mother 3 joke.

(Happy to see Reggie again)
mother 1+2+3. it's happening!
I swear if this guy comes back just to announce Mother 3.
Mother 4 developed in collaboration with Toby Fox

also an Earthbound Collection with Earthbound Begginings/Earthbound/Earthabound: Endings
He'll be there to finally announce

Imagine he's coming back just to announce Mother 3 lmao.
If Geoff got him to announce Mother 3... damn!
It's gonna be Mother 3! Why else would he present?
Its probably just an award, but him coming back to announce Mother 3 would be one of the most fitting and satisfying things in the world. He may not be with the company anymore, but I don't see why he couldn't announce anything. It's not like he just spent a year at the company or had a very minor role. I don't think people should hype themselves up at all, but to straight up say he couldn't announce anything on Nintendo's behalf is silly.. If it's mother or Metroid related I could totally see it
Mother 3 remake trailer bout to be WILD
People will still ask him about Mother 3. Me included if I had the chance.
Finally Mother 3 being announced!
Yes.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
When he retired, my first thought was "I'm sad he won't be the one to finally announce Mother 3."

But maybe...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that's one of the categories that geoff will just read the noms and winner. there won't be a presenter for it.
Geoff: and now time for our lightning round. Let's go quickly through all the awards Nintendo won. Best family games goes to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. And that's it. Let's move on to the next world premiere.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I can imagine a casual observer being thrown off by the site of an awards show presenter assailed with chants of "Mother!" from a group of middle-aged men.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they brought back Reggie just to announce Mother 3, what a legend.

Please

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ah, that's kind of cool. It's heartening to know that Reggie gave a shit about games all along, and still does, what with him making all these post-retirement appearances.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first question I asked when I saw this is "why"? Also why are they announcing it in advance? Very mixed messaging for some big announcement, so its clear they wanted people to know about it in advance for some reason. So I think its very hard to draw basically any conclusions as to what this is going to be, or what he will say. Interesting that he's retweeting it though in the way he is, so I presume its a Nintendo thing.