• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My thought exactly. Kind of getting tired of everything trying to take what they can from me.

That's how I've felt about this as well. Like, "oh this game is super popular, let's cash in and try to monetize the sub reddit for no reason".

They also had the thread pinned on the subreddit constantly, even over much more important things. Community seemed to push back a bit atleast.

Still, whole thing feels gross. The mod team on that subreddit seem really scummy in general.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, half the reason to sub on twitch is to support the streamer. Who am I supporting here, Reddit Inc?

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
So who gets the money? Reddit? Or do the moderators get something? I would understand if you were supporting people who ran the Subreddit, but not if you were just giving money to Reddit for a subscription to a community they have nothing to do with other than being the platform it's on.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they picked /r/ForniteBR. I rarely see that sub trending on the front page.
I'm not surprised.

Think about it. Fortnite is a game full of microtransactions. It's a game that has printed money for Epic for them to use... however they want because of those microtransactions. They know that many Fortnite fans will probably embrace this kind of garbage. Even if they get people complaining, they'll still probably see it as a win if they can attract some people to purchase it and end up meeting whatever internal goals they set.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Everything's got to be a subscription. Its kinda nuts too. Reddit also has ads interspersed with their content now and its awful

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Resetera on ads: I don't care that these sites need revenue, I'm going to block them anyways. They should find other revenue sources!

Resetera on implementing other revenue sources: why are you trying to nickel and dime me!?

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If someone spent $5 a month for a bunch of dumb emblems next to their name I'd think they were a fucking twat

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm starting a subscription where for only $7.99 a month you can get a DM from me here daily, act fast because it's a 50% off limited time offer even though my service just started. Who knows how long it'll last. We also offer add ons such as getting a picture of me each month for only $5 more a month.

I wonder how many years before this all fades away and we're on to the next pricing model. Eventually people and businesses are going to realize nobody wants all this. It was different back when it was only 1 or 2 services but damn man you could be at like 10 to 15 these days