• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm I might actually keep my Stadia pre-order then. That's certainly another selling point. It will be interesting to see how RDR2 performs on Stadia.

May 17, 2018
I know it's only a month, but, fuck Rockstar/Take Two for taking that deal.

They are the last company that needs that kinda cash, but, whatever.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be really interesting to see what specs you'll need to achieve XB1X settings at 60fps.

I'll be giving this another play through if they've improved the controls.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Does anyone know what the current Rockstar policy is with Steam titles? Do they force you to run the game through the Rockstar launcher anyway? If not then I'll wait for Steam, but if they force you to use the Rockstar launcher anyway then I might as well just get it there.
I also stopped buying Ubisoft games on steam for this exact reason. There's no reason to have 2 launchers for 1 game. I would prefer getting it on rockstar over having epic or steam launch rockstar client.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know it's only a month, but, fuck Rockstar/Take Two for taking that deal.

They are the last company that needs that kinda cash, but, whatever.
Bro you waited a year for this announcement, a month is nothing. Let's you get through Death Stranding/Pokemon/DOOM Eternal/Star Wars in time for those warm Christmas vibes so think of it as a blessing in disguise :P

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Epic is going to sell 1mil+ copies in that month. Probably isn't that pathetic.

The real question is am I going to double dip.

Epic is gonna be competing with Rockstar's own launcher though. Just like Uplay for Division 2.

The real question is which keys GMG and other retailers will be selling, since that's where a big portion of those pre-orders will come from.

December launch huh! Cool :P

If I buy on Steam do I still need the Rockstar launcher to play?

That's gonna be the million dollar question.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly given those bonuses it's damn silly to buy anywhere else but the rockstar launcher.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
That's really great for them and completely arbitrarily available to the public.

If EGS gets little to no return for whatever the outlay was, they might focus more on small stuff and not sweat trying to lock up the massive titles, even for a month. They need to test the market. We likely won't ever know hard numbers, but if they are laying out 8 figures for no return, we might see the ripple effects.

or maybe its a wild success on EGS (i'm confident they won't portray it any other way even if it does flop based on their internal projections/expectations) and Tim doubles down on AAA one-month exclusivity agreements.

the market has only been tested with 1-year windows so far. BL3 has 6 months, but we are still in that window and it misses the holiday shopping season. RDR2 won't.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Double-dipping-Double-do-or-double-dont.jpg

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Now to figure out if I can buy it from say Brazil for much cheaper over VPN like I could with GTA V.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So it's exclusive just for a month? That's weird, but whatever.

Not exclusive.
Other than Rockstar Games Launcher, "Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. "

Greenman Gaming is actually pretty good. I never tried Humble Store, or Gamestop digital(?).

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. I should have waited for the PC version. At least I played the Xbox One X version which was pretty good. But I always had issues with the input lag. Something that would have been solved with PC playing at higher frame rate

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
60 fps, better graphics, mods...

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

*selling his PS4 copy*

lol at Steam btw, Gaben can't catch a break these days.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
December launch huh! Cool :P

If I buy on Steam do I still need the Rockstar launcher to play?
You almost definitely will. GTA V goes through Rockstar's Social Club so I see no reason why RDR2 won't go through the new Rockstar Launcher (just like Ubisoft titles and Uplay in that respect). Guess we'll learn next Wednesday.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yay, finally! This game will really benefit from some mods to fix things (like the crappy wanted system), so I can't wait to get stuck in with that.

Disappointed they're not bundling all of the pre-order content together though, like they did with GTA V PC.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Red Dead rp incoming. I wonder if that's going to take off with the streamers like GTA.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"Lol"... any person interested in the game could buy it one month earlier simply installing their launcher.

Consider that store bias outside of game forums is almost non-existant.

They paid for Ubisoft "exclusivity", but people ignored it and used Uplay. It will be the same with R* launcher.

It's just so petty of them.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
This, Outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order, AND the new SWTOR expansion all coming out within weeks of each other is KILLING me

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
It was always a matter of when....

This is the Red Dead franchise's PC platform debut. Hope it goes well.

Personally, I see little incentive to get this on Rockstar's platform as I already own all of their previous games (barring Bully). Steam all the way.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally we can stop hearing shit about how other games are better looking. Should have already stopped ages ago but this will seal the deal.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
did this not sell as well as expected on console?...seems like a fast turnaround for PC...also seems like despite the hype a lot of players thought it didn't live up to expectations...

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Will likely rebuy on steam next summer sale. Loved it on ps4 but played as a peaceful man. I think next time I'll be an asshole.