• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
I died in the middle of a mission and the game then decided to randomly take away my double action revolver, it wasn't even on my horse ;_;

Other than that the mission was awesome

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Its getting annoying having all the missions go south at some point. I wish we could just do stuff successfully sometimes. Haha

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how you could possibly "bump" into a tree. The horse literally automatically avoids them when trotting. If you gallop straight into them though... I mean, what do you expect?

And I don't know about you, but being charged with assault for running into someone while riding a horse seems pretty realistic.

are we playing the same game? I am not exactly talking about charging into someone, literally just touching a fellow walking on the street, their instant reaction is to start shooting or report a crime. Now if the horse control were perfect I would be okay with that but they are shit and nearly not as responsive as you would like it be. So bumping into someone is unavoidable unless you are riding super slow

anyways it isn't realistic, there should at least be an option to apologize or if you want to fight the person thats up to you. But reporting assault is way to frequent in this game which is driving me nuts

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Really sorry if anyone saw the pre-edit there.
The bit I saw from your post ended mid-sentence (before the edit). Didn't even catch what you wanted to say.

are we playing the same game? I am not exactly talking about charging into someone, literally just touching a fellow walking on the street, their instant reaction is to start shooting or report a crime. Now if the horse control were perfect I would be okay with that but they are shit and nearly not as responsive as you would like it be. So bumping into someone is unavoidable unless you are riding super slow

anyways it isn't realistic, there should at least be an option to apologize or if you want to fight the person thats up to you. But reporting assault is way to frequent in this game which is driving me nuts
Wait for the sheriff and say you're sorry, you will 100% get out of those situations like that. If the dude starts shooting (fortunately hasn't happened to me from a bump) it might be trickier, but clock him and try to apologize anyway.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Apparently we're not, because I'm not experiencing the same issues as you are. Not even in the slightest. The horse controls are shit? These are literally the best implemented horse controls in any game, ever. To say that they are "shit" is patently hyperbolic bullshit.

You can easily canter through even the most densely packed area, and weave your way though. If you're going everywhere while spamming x though, even down main street, then what he heck do you expect?

Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone know if holsters are treated the same as Talisman and crafted satchels? Talisman and upgraded satchels always have the upgraded effects working no matter what. If I have the upgraded off hand holster equipped and not the better, reinforced holster or bandolier equipped, will I lose out on the reinforced bonuses? Does the nuevo pariso holster & belt count as reinforced?
Anyone know?

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Just found a headlight hat, how am I suppose to save found hats?All hats I found are not under found hats tab.Think this feature is just broken.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
game is so fucking frustrating at times. Specially riding a horse, you can't even get hit by a tree without your horse and your getting seriously injured or bump into someone in the city. The guy is either dead, or he wants to kill you or someone reported a crime. Like wtf? this is plain dumb, not realism.

Honestly, I get serious whiplash from the attention to "realism" in this game. Some aspects of the game are built well and true to life, but the many elements that aren't stand out WAAAY more then they would in any other video game.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently we're not, because I'm not experiencing the same issues as you are. Not even in the slightest. The horse controls are shit? These are literally the best implemented horse controls in any game, ever. To say that they are "shit" is patently hyperbolic bullshit.

You can easily canter through even the most densely packed area, and weave your way though. If you're going everywhere while spamming x though, even down main street, then what he heck do you expect?

My experience has been pretty much the same, in my 40-50 hours with the game so far (I wish there was a counter) I've bumped in to someone on a horse maybe 3 times, and only resulting in a small bounty once. Nobody opened fire on me for it.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I get serious whiplash from the attention to "realism" in this game. Some aspects of the game are built well and true to life, but the many elements that aren't stand out WAAAY more then they would in any other video game.
Made me laugh when everyone in a village stayed outside in the middle of a thunderstorm. But at least I can slowly open each drawer of a cabinet!

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
tLqmJl1.gif

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe. I'm not getting near the weather system others are experiencing and i can get away with allot when it comes to crime. My bounties rarely go above 50 or so when i get into a fight. I get away with allot of crime.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Im still in Chapter 2 but I havent ran into anyone with my horse except once.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
So I had one or two home robberies marked on my map, and now they're gone. I didn't change chapter (still on chapter 2). :(

I got them from freeing people from carts. If I find more, will I get the missions again?

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had one or two home robberies marked on my map, and now they're gone. I didn't change chapter (still on chapter 2). :(

I got them from freeing people from carts. If I find more, will I get the missions again?
That was probably the debt collecting missions you saw on the map. The home robberies are tips and if you go into your log by press left on the d-pad you should still see them listed there and the description will give you a rough location of the property.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone have a sure fire fix for "you have entered legendary animal territory but there is too much activity to track it"?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally shot a guy and his wife

Im pissed. Cant figure out how to reload and when my last save was

Dude says "evening, dont be shy" and is having some music at his house. Was he important?

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
Started chapter 3 a little while ago and went to Saint Denis for the first time at night. Wow. I think it's my favourite "big city" that Rockstar have made so far. Feels so alive.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
So I accidentally turned on the INDEX in the map and now it shows up on default when I go to the map. Anyone know how to turn it off completely?

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I accidentally turned on the INDEX in the map and now it shows up on default when I go to the map. Anyone know how to turn it off completely?
When you're looking at the map the button to toggle it on and off is in the bottom right. Toggle it off and then close the map it should be off when you reopen it.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ the Chapter 3 finale went from 0 to 100 in like 5 seconds, wow.

That was amazing.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
When you're looking at the map the button to toggle it on and off is in the bottom right. Toggle it off and then close the map it should be off when you reopen it.

Yeah I saw it and turned it on just to take a look. I had never seen it until I toggled it on. I looked at it for a few seconds and toggled it off. Now every time I go back to the map it shows up instantly. It had never done that until I turned it on. Did a search and found some reddit threads about it. Seems to be a bug or something.

Dec 6, 2017
US
To an extent the bolded is true, but they're so scripted it subtracts from the effect in my opinion. There's nothing cinematic about following somebody to some location, arriving there and getting off your horse before you're instructed to (because you can literally see it) and running over to your companion, being told to "Return to your horse", getting back on the horse, taking literally a step forward, and then being told to dismount. There's scripting missions to make them cinematic, and there's scripting them to the extent that it's on-rails and there's no agency.

That's my issue right now. It feels stiflingly restrictive to a silly degree. I didn't park my horse in the correct spot among the other guys so they just sat there for 20 seconds until someone yelled "whats taking so long!". I then ride around one dude, 'park' my horse again and yup, there's the trigger for yet another reason to rip control away from me in favor of long-winded cinematics.

I'm still positive overall because I'm hoping it majorly opens up but I'm at the edge of that 'yea...no thanks' cliff. If I'm going to play an open world game, let me approach shit on my own terms.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I rode into Valentine last night and witnessed two guys get in a fight and one of the killed the other. I tried to intervene and then the killer wanted to duel me. Fine, so we duel and I kill him. Then a witness sees me and reports the crime as murder for me.

This is the most annoying thing for me so far in this game. The whole crime thing and being seen doesn't seem to work.

I wore a mask when I went in and demanded to see the basement. I freed the kid, knocked out the owner. On my way out the store I'm spotted even though I was wearing a bandana the entire time and a different outfit. Somehow they identify me as Arthur Morgan.

I just did that yesterday. Shot the shop owner after freeing the guy and I just walked out with no issues at all. I've been super honorable my entire playthrough so not sure if that's why there was no big deal

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Question about a random stranger quest in the mountains:
Dude lost his hunting buddy and wants me to search around for him while he looks around the cabin. I swear I have scoured every inch of this giant ass yellow circle and can not find the dude. It's by one of the treasure map locations, cairn(?) lake?

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I have so many blips on my map that I want to do as I'm nearing the end (presumably) of Chapter VI.

I'm assuming that most if not all of them will be gone if I "finish" these last few story missions?

I've already been inadvertently spoiled of some things about the end, but still want to finish so nothing else gets ruined for me. I also want to do all of this side stuff.

Oct 27, 2017

I really wonder if there is some sort of bug going on here. I played the game for over 70 hours and I've never had this happen once. At the worst I'll get some unkind words hurled at me.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes if you bump into people it's reported as a crime but when the police turn up they just tell you to move along and you have to leave the red area. No bounty unless you ignore them or do something else.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes if you bump into people it's reported as a crime but when the police turn up they just tell you to move along and you have to leave the red area. No bounty unless you ignore them or do something else.
Same goes for accidentally fighting someone. If you don't book it you can handle things amicably

Oct 25, 2017

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should I attempt to take down a gang hideout as I stumble upon them or are there story missions regarding those?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London