Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
X domination.

Actually makes me kind of sad I only have a Pro, lmao

This thread will be fun

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
How's the One S and PS4 Pro? I don't want to watch the video to avoid spoilers.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Pro looks worse then base PS4 and that is pretty embarrassing (for R* I mean). Needs a patch ASAP.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Christ that looks blurry on the Pro, I'm considering cancelling it and grabbing the digital Xbox release.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Queen X
uWy1o.gif

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play this on my X and my 4K set. Mmmmmm

Sorry Pro! You need a rest after so much Spider-Man anyways over the past 6 weeks.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
This paragraph on the article is shocking, I don't think there's ever been such a stark difference between base xbox one and xbox one x:

As expected, pixel-counts on PlayStation 4 resolve at the de facto standard 1080p, while the Xbox One S - quantifiably the lowest quality experience - delivers just 864p. The effectiveness of Red Dead Redemption 2's temporal anti-aliasing scales in line with pixel-count so while PS4 passes muster, Xbox One S looks blurry and grainy, with a particular impact on the quality of foliage and shadow rendering - which is perhaps not surprising as Microsoft's machine is only managing 66 per cent of full HD resolution. By extension, the resolution scaling between Xbox One and X is unprecedented: the enhanced console is designed to quadruple the base machine's pixel-pushing output but instead, Red Dead Redemption 2 is delivering a 6.2x boost to resolution, with further improvements on top of that.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How's the One S and PS4 Pro? I don't want to watch the video to avoid spoilers.
That's fair but this video is super light on spoilers - it's mostly just slow walking around select areas in the world. Any cutscenes are shown without voice over and take place within the first hour.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also the biggest gap between base Xbox One and Xbox One X. There is no game with a gap this large. The base Xbox version looks and runs so much worse.
While I am very happy the X looks like it does, it's not that nice to see base model Xbox owners getting such a shitty end of the stick.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Platform warring over a series of posts. Account still in junior phase.
Adorable effort by the PS4 Pro to wheeze its way to checkerboard 4K. Cute little console.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, the base consoles both perform well in the wilderness, but performance is more variable in urban areas with the densest areas hitting the low 20s on both base consoles.

the fuck

This is trash.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the reconstruction they're using is super weird. The PS4 Pro shots were captured at 4K while base PS4 was obviously 1080p scaled up. Pro image quality is not very good due to the reconstruction in use.

As far as I can tell, textures are identical on Pro and X but they do APPEAR sharper on X due to the superior resolution. The reconstruction messes with texture clarity.

I couldn't find any fluctuation in resolution - even in the busiest scenes - it was always came back as native 4K. We checked like 40 something shots too and had three different people including myself look at them.
Does it have native downsapling on the pro or do we have to turn systemwide on?

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the dumb AF to ask, but would the X on a 1080p give a superior image compared to a Pro at 1080? Don't flame me, genuine question.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I was leaning towards the X, but had a bunch of gift cards on PSN ready to go. Glad I waited it out.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, pretty happy for everyone who's playing this on X. Also, pretty fucking impressive.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I'll play this game on PS4 Pro on a 1080p screen, what should I expect? How's the performance?