• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Gaming friends I need some advice. I have to replace my laptop and have decided to spend a little more to make it gaming capable this time. Primary use will be for strategy games on the go as I prefer controller and console for action and FPS games. Doesn't need to be a graphics beast or capable of ray tracing however would like something that has enough CPU to handle future RTSs like Age of Empires 4. Would like to spend around 1K if possible. What are the laptops I should keep an eye on during Black Friday?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Check out r/buildapcsales and r/laptopdeals, I found an absolutely killer deal for an i7 9750H/GTX 1660 Ti laptop with a 512GB SSD and 2x8GB of RAM for $900 a few weeks ago.

Omar Ramzy

Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Friend,

Post your needs & budget in this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gaming-laptop-discussion-thread.13860/

K.Jack and others are absolutely amazing help; they should be able to help you find something you'll like. Good luck!

^ This ofc
And I recommend you also try to put the weight and size in your mind while choosing.
I travel a lot lately and my Dell 7577 is killing my back
also bigger size means better airflow and cooling but there is a catch, it collects dust far easier than smaller ones.

don't go below 1660 Ti these days and I even recommend 2060 for just the sake of extra sauce
higher refresh rate is a bless but if it is without G-sync on a laptop, then it's not very useful.
locking on 60 fps without tearing and a good frametime is drastically better.
I actually bought an Asus TUF Gaming FX505DU for a friend a couple of days ago and he seems satisfied.
I think you should consider it