• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I was ready to preorder a PS5 before I saw the conference and now that's it's over I don't know what I would even be playing on day 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but are the only games currently confirmed:
NBA2k21
Spiderman Miles
Astrobot
Godfall

Am I missing something here? I'm sure corona has thrown everything into a tizzy but it seems like waiting til 2021 makes more sense.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Yep, that's it for now. I think at the next conference they announce one or two more launch titles.
I think their focus is to have a great launch YEAR, not just the launch itself, so I think things that could be put in the launch are going to be spread around 2021.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know yet and we didn't know what the PS4 launch lineup looked like either until later on.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was ready to preorder a PS5 before I saw the conference and now that's it's over I don't know what I would even be playing on day 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but are the only games currently confirmed:
NBA2k21
Spiderman Miles
Astrobot
Godfall

Am I missing something here? I'm sure corona has thrown everything into a tizzy but it seems like waiting til 2021 makes more sense.

If you're including 2K, you'd throw in all the usual suspects like COD, AssCreed, Madden, Fifa

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
You usually don't know line-ups this far out, they'll have something in August/September confirming what made launch/launch window and what didn't.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im guessing when they announce the final date and price there will also be a clearer view of the lineup

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Developers probably don't want to announce a release date until they are certain given the pandemic. There will probably be a good amount of cross gen games at launch.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Probably get a lot clearer when it has an actual release date + 3rd parties. A lot of stuff would have been delayed though.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Launch Window (theoretically):
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - "Holiday 2020"
DEATHLOOP - "Holiday 2020"
NBA 2K21 - Autumn 2020
BugSnax - "Holiday 2020"
Jett: The Far Shore - "Holiday 2020"
Hitman 3 - January 2021

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It seems like a very, very light lineup - at least as far as day one exclusives go. Spider-Man is a mid-sized spinoff (apparently closer to Lost Legacy than a full new game), and Astro Bot is a pre-installed controller demo. Godfall is "Holiday".

Waiting until 2021 might be the smartest move, especially if there's stock issues.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NBA2k21
Spiderman Miles
Astrobot
Godfall

Because it hasn't really been announced. Covid is messing things up. We have to wait for the official announcement.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
You were ready to pre order before knowing anything, and now you know more, you're having second thoughts? 🤔

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to ask, too. I was under the impression that Ratchet and Clank would be there, but the trailer had no date ;_;

Looks like just Spider-man for me from the stuff shown today...

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I imagine it's two things

1) COVID

2) They'll probably detail the launch lineup when they detail the launch

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there are some TBA Japan centric games that will come out around launch time.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This is honestly a pretty solid list considering most consoles launches. It's pretty much only Nintendo that launches with a huge 1st party game day 1.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
When I got a PS4 I had: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Resogun. Took a good 6 months before any game after that, which was Infamous Second Son.

PS5 I'm going to have Spiderman, Godfall, Assassin's Creed Vikings - and a butt load of badass looking titles coming in 2021.

I'm content, just hope I can afford it when the time comes.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Spiderman is enough tbh. Can't believe that's happening so soon. And the Christmas theme for the city is so nice! It's the thing i loved about Arkham origins.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think they announced a launch lineup.

Honestly, I doubt they even know for sure. We're 6 months off.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Hasn't been announced.
We don't even know the launch date.

I mean, we know it'll be this holiday, and it won't be December, so almost assuredly October or, most likely November. We can speculate a lot about what will be at that time frame.

Deathloop is holiday i.e. launch. Ghostwire is 2021.
I just checked it says Holiday 2020 on the trailer

Ghostwire is 2021

Word? That was like my favorite game of the show beside RE8, so that makes my day

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NBA2k21
Spiderman Miles
Astrobot
Godfall

Probably just trying to finalize when they'll launch, any COVID-19 delays, logistics, etc.

They probably have dates in mind but didn't feel like they need to release anything yet. Its not like you can preorder the console or anything.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You were ready to pre order before knowing anything, and now you know more, you're having second thoughts? 🤔
Well, when you know nothing beforehand your imagination is free to roam and make whatever launch lineup it wants. Now that it's real, it's not looking as appealing for OP. That's my guess, anyways.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We dont even have a price yet. Those details will come in the coming months.