• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, that fortinite video is old and was only posted by the "gamers" who wanted to show that she is a bad person. The reason why she made the commentary about men it was because she posted a picture riding a mechanic bull and some guy responded "you can ride me anytime".
And because that's the shit she and other women in gaming get every single fucking day.

And then men wonder why women take their frustration out. Not wonder, they call it stupid, and "not helpful'.

These men are trash. If you don't want to be associated with trash, call out these wankers and stop them from acting like this. We can all do it and I implore those who see this happening to call it out every single time it happens.

Take out the trash, don't condemn someone for being upset because of harassment and stop the harassers.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Wow.

People getting banned for taking offense by a generalization.

Generalization being repeated by members of whom aren't getting banned...

Only on resetera.

P.S. You can be discriminated on without being oppressed. Dont believe me? Use a dictionary.

Cant beleive this hive mind sometimes. Nothing is ever objectively thought thru lmao.

Hey, look, another fragile little boy who wants attention. I'll give you some.

I know you weren't raised with any self respect what so ever or any kind of backbone. I get that. But it's high time that you grow up, become an adult, and realize just how shitty you, and people like you, make the world for others.

The power balance is so insane in this world that yes, women do get to say that and you don't. Tough shit. Make the world less shitty and stop being part of the problem if you don't want this to be reality.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Garbage response from Razer, it's a good thing no one really likes their tacky, shoddy made equipment

I love all of this GAF / Bore alts making accounts just to get their takes in lmfao, shoutouts to Xaero Gravity

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If one were to take offense at her statement then fine but the response here is not proportionate.

Giving death threats in response and hounding her is way over the line. Just tweet back a retort that is respectable and move on with life. That's the problem, why can't people just say they disagree and move on? Why does everything have to be dialled up to 11 right away in an attempt to destroy someone for the most minor of things.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Guys.

This isn't hard.

The "not all men" thing is so obviously flawed and I genuinely thought it was more of a joke than anything else at this point. Sucks to see so many people, even here, going along with it and thinking that logic isn't destructive.

Woman basically lost a job because she was upset about being harrassed

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Never understood the appeal of their products, now I despise the choice of words and position of the company.

Here in Brazil, most of the companies prefers to walk away from those offenses and threats, which for me is a well known tactic of supporting the wrong side, the oppressor side of things.

We do have a lot of female casters and gamers that are harrassed every second, and most of them are like a hard rock to not engage in a discussion, can't say what action I would take because I'm a men, but I have total empathy for what they suffer and stand coming from those pigs. I'm with her, even if it means bursting tweets out in a moment of rage.

THEY ARE HARRASSED EVERY SECOND, do you know what that means? I'm totally supporting gamer girls instead of walking away silently.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Screw razor playing the PR game and placating to their, probably, mostly male consumer base. Way to expand your brand.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I mean get offended at the men are trash comment. Whatever. That's your prerogative. But death threats as a response? That is absolutely an insane escalation. People are crazy. Harassing someone isn't justified because they say things you don't like.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm curious what brand sponsor people think this wouldn't have happened with?

A lot of brands are fine with men like Ninja saying the N-word and being extremely toxic. A lot of brands were fine with all the shit DrDisrespect has done including the racism. Pewdiepie has deals with companies even after all the Nazi shit. Streamers call women "bitches" and "hoes" etc all the time and have lots of sponsorship deals with gaming companies.

Jan 9, 2018
when you do a generalization you are not talking about every single one, you are talking about the group that is dominant or the message is destined to. when i say "men should stop being misogynists", there's men that are not, so its clear that i'm talking to a group of men, its pretty clear that she's saying that to men that harass women and its a big group of men.

Can someone pin this on the OP so people who doesn't get the concept of generalization can get an idea of why saying "men are trash" doesn't mean "you are a man, so you are trash".

Not judging, by the way, English is not my first language so I totally understand people getting honestly confused at this. I can see as well people being dishonestly trashy at this...

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
A lot of brands are fine with men like Ninja saying the N-word and being extremely toxic. A lot of brands were fine with all the shit DrDisrespect has done including the racism. Pewdiepie has deals with companies even after all the Nazi shit. Streamers call women "bitches" and "hoes" etc all the time and have lots of sponsorship deals with gaming companies.
Which brands?

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

People getting banned for taking offense by a generalization.

Generalization being repeated by members of whom aren't getting banned...

Only on resetera.

P.S. You can be discriminated on without being oppressed. Dont believe me? Use a dictionary.

Cant beleive this hive mind sometimes. Nothing is ever objectively thought thru lmao.

Haha, wow. The fragility on display is astounding.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at the people in this thread complaining about generalization of men

this shit doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's CONSISTENTLY a problem for women online and offline

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all in here just can't help but showing your privilege can you.

I love to live in y'alls world where the worst thing that can happen to me is someone calling me trash.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
DAMN. did i take the wrong turn? place looking like a morgue. some of y'all I swear 😂😂

softer than a wet tissue breh

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
fuck literally everything about the way they are handling this, my god

razer sure does want to sell pink accessories here in the US though. wonder if they'll put their stance on women standing up for themselves on the box. guessing not.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, when you see someone banned for saying awful shit, take a quick look at their post count.

Anyway, I know the member is banned, but I'd just like to highlight this:

Im not offended personally by anything. I dont consider myself trash.

But let's say, somone on here was to make a thread that his wife cheated on him divorced him and took all his stuffand what not someone replied "all women are trash" that person would be banned in a blink of an eye. It wouldnt be interpreted as "he clearly meant woman who cheat"

Now, I've known this to happen, and it's devastating. But notice how this example is one woman who has a personal relationship with a man and causes harm to him through that relationship, whereas the situation in the OP has numerous men that the victim does not know harassing them en masse despite not having any relationship to start with.

Between those two situations, which do you think would naturally create more animosity to the entire group of people rather than just the individuals?

Oct 25, 2017
Garbage response from Razer, it's a good thing no one really likes their tacky, shoddy made equipment

I love all of this GAF / Bore alts making accounts just to get their takes in lmfao, shoutouts to Xaero Gravity
Even though almost no one can afford it, it's a popular brand in Brazil somehow. Like, people really want a Razer mouse to play their FPSes.

How is this still happening?! Razer, seriously?
At least until a year or two, Razer still had booth babes in many conventions/trade fairs. It's really not surprising and fits their brand tbh.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
We do have a lot of female casters and gamers that are harrassed every second, and most of them are like a hard rock to not engage in a discussion, can't say what action I would take because I'm a men, but I have total empathy for what they suffer and stand coming from those pigs. I'm with her, even if it means bursting tweets out in a moment of rage.

THEY ARE HARRASSED EVERY SECOND, do you know what that means? I'm totally supporting gamer girls instead of walking away silently.
I will attest to this. One of the women influencers I've already worked alongside, who has a reasonably big following, once showed me the DMs she received on a daily basis on Twitter and Facebook. It's fucking insane. As in, new dick pics from randos every hour on the clock.

They're all saints for putting up with the shit that gets thrown their way.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Let's not act like Bolsonaro won with 100% of the votes, not everyone here shares his dumb views

People actually forget that Bolsonaro had almost 58 million votes, which means less than 30% of the actual population of Brazil.

Not the entire 70% of the population, but most of them doesn't approve his dumb visions, (and a lot of his supporters already shows regret from voting on him).

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This topic is such a honeypot.

Here's the dealyo to you smucks:

Women says "Men are trash", nothing really happens other than a few indigant men throwing a fit

Men says "Women are trash", and women are harassed, stalked, raped, killed. Oh and have their rights infringed.

It is NOT the same.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will attest to this. One of the women influencers I've already worked alongside, who has a reasonably big following, once showed me the DMs she received on a daily basis on Twitter and Facebook. It's fucking insane. As in, new dick pics from randos every hour on the clock.

Exactly

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised (and subsequently disappointed) at how high the numbers are here:

impact - 5380
Robdraggoo - 2455
Ardiloso - 2368
DaciaJC - 2053
dyst - 1461
PlayBee - 1235
Mezati99 - 621
BlakeofT - 563
Kagoshima_Luke - 254
axo_tio - 43
DrownDown - 31
mitverachvng - 3

Last edited:

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Dudes in this thread:

thats-right-you-get-in-there-derail-that-conversation-9302109.png

I feel awful for her and her family, and I hope Razer gets backlash for this bullshit.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

They're all saints for putting up with the shit they do.

That's disturbing as hell.

I once got to known a famous caster from R6 Siege, such a delightful and talent person.

Not going to give names here because this thread is going of rails, but I had the pleasure to ask how hard it is to work with such a machist audience, and she answered "working twice as hard"

I can't even imagine how stressful must be working twice as hard and still dealing with this shit.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

It's crazy and disgusting. I don't get what guys think they are going to get out of doing shit like that?

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 5 pages, I finally understood this whole thing. The mis-communications here are legendary.

With that said, I wonder if ending internet anonymity would help people like her not get harassed every second they spend on the web.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

I seriously wonder whats going on the mind of people like this, what do you expect to get sending dick pics to influencers/streamers/etc