• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this one of the best looking games

• Yes

Votes: 250 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 122 32.8%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PS5 recently, a few environment textures are notably lower in resolution than later ps4 games.

The game did a good job of giving the illusion of large environments without them actually being large. But since some of today's games are frickin huge (including their spider-man games) this game's environs feel smaller today in comparison.

It's "aged" only in those aspects.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to play this before Rift Apart releases as it's part of the PS+ collection and I've never played a R&C game before. Hmmm

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Just started playing this on PS+ collection. It's really nice looking. Probably one of the best looking cartoony style game I've played recently. The gameplay is pretty good too. Makes me want to take a closer look at Rift Apart.

Apr 24, 2018
This game really felt very close to "playing" a Pixar movie. Unlike most games, it really wowed me graphically. I'm usually fairly indifferent to graphics, but this game looks great. Still waiting for something to wow me on XSX graphically, other than Ori Will of the Wisps (which admittedly was more for art style than graphical fidelity).

Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty impressive for being a bit of a budget game. The Pixar comparisons were over the top though, as 99% of Pixar comparisons are.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It looks great, but I cannot lie that the gameplay demo for Rift Apart has definitely skewed my mind on those visuals, the new game just looks so much better than the 2016, in terms of density, particles, assets, ray tracing, portals, animations, it blew my mind when they released the high res version at gamescom. Its just a massive upgrade and even has a 60fps mode.

CadobaDelta

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
I don't think so. Doesn't make it an ugly game, but after hearing so much about the visuals, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when I first started playing. Something about the lighting in most of the daytime areas just seemed bland - like Minecraft's default lighting engine. Not to mention how jarring it was to switch from high-quality CGI cutscenes to in-game graphics on the fly. The NPC companion characters also looked terribly stilted in their animation and their pathfinding.

Weird game.

OP
OP
Chance Hale

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
It looks great, but I cannot lie that the gameplay demo for Rift Apart has definitely skewed my mind on those visuals, the new game just looks so much better than the 2016, in terms of density, particles, assets, ray tracing, portals, animations, it blew my mind when they released the high res version at gamescom. Its just a massive upgrade and even has a 60fps mode.
You'd hope so 4 years later!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
When I received my CX OLED, that was one the games I decided to test out to show what kind of image it could produce. Even at 30 FPS, it looks so good that I ended up playing 2 hours of new game+straight lol