monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Just finished my first proper session,I usually game for a couple of hours in the evening......tonight I went four and a half hours straight.I've honestly not had as much fun with a game for a long time.That head shot squelch....lol....and the shot gun.....good lord!
Please patch the laggy ass menu though!

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So both PS4 Pro/XB1X run 1080/60 and 4k/30? I've been debating what system all day but if both are identical it doesn't matter

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
Got my Walmart Canada copy today:

3lOoMP5.jpg
Is that real?

Oct 27, 2017
So both PS4 Pro/XB1X run 1080/60 and 4k/30? I've been debating what system all day but if both are identical it doesn't matter
Only 1080P at 60FPS, no 4K mode at all on either.

The sky, particle effects, gun models, and general lighting look pretty good but the lack of resolution in general and poor texture resolution makes the game one of the ugliest I've played on console this generation. This game should have been more stylized or something (filters maybe) as it's a real eyesore at the moment which is a shame.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what the fuck type of keybinds are the default! What's everyone got for their keybinds? I'm on a Corsair m65 mouse so mousebinds are fine too.

I've just tried raiding the first outpost. It's pretty damn tough! How do you craft/get health packs. The story is pretty dire so I hardly listened through that crap tutorial

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Only 1080P at 60FPS, no 4K mode at all on either.

The sky, particle effects, gun models, and general lighting look pretty good but the lack of resolution in general and poor texture resolution makes the game one of the ugliest I've played on console this generation. This game should have been more stylized or something (filters maybe) as it's a real eyesore at the moment which is a shame.
No 4k? Weird. I guess ill snag it on PS4 pro.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 5 hours in. Mostly just running around in the open world doing random locations and what not. It's a lot of fun. More than I expected. It's a great mix of Doom 2016 and Mad Max.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's a great mix of Doom 2016 and Mad Max.
My experience too.

Really enjoying it, put a few hours into it after work. Unfortunately I've seen some pretty bad bugs and glitches: my car being under the ground (kicking up dust above it on the ground), characters lips moving but no dialogue playing, flickering lights/shadows.

It's combat is crazy fun so far though, keeping me interested. I'm surprised just how deep the games systems are, the upgrades, unlocks and skills and such. Really surprised by those.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The driving is just absolutely terrible, I'm sure the bikes must be broken because they're the worst thing I've ever driven in a videogame. It's so bad that I have to do the shooting bits with KB&M then switch to a gamepad just for the driving bits, it's really annoying.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Ah was hoping I could redbox this... They didn't get it. Will have to wait for a sale. Seems fun but I'm ok waiting for now I guess.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I can't overstate how much I hate these containers you have to find, I have been looking for this one for around 15 minutes now and I just can't find it anywhere, and this isn't the first time, why they have to be so hidden I'll never know. I just want to know how this is meant to be fun? You're constantly being pulled out of the action which is enjoyable to either drive from A to B or looking for these sodding boxes.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
It feels like quite an old fashioned game. Kinda' old school? I think once you accept that it's easier to get on with. It certainly isn't trying to advance the genre in anyway. Some of the environments are nice but buildings often look like they've just been plopped down on the map. The PC version hasn't had anything added to the game in any real tangible manner. Some improvements but basically the same.

Design does remind me a lot of Rage. Sometimes I wonder if this game uses megatextures too! (It doesn't obviously).

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I can't overstate how much I hate these containers you have to find, I have been looking for this one for around 15 minutes now and I just can't find it anywhere, and this isn't the first time, why they have to be so hidden I'll never know. I just want to know how this is meant to be fun? You're constantly being pulled out of the action which is enjoyable to either drive from A to B or looking for these sodding boxes.
Yeah they should be highlighted with focus.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Boomerang just sent me Days Gone today, so I'm not happy to hear it's worse than this lol.

I meant the vehicles in Rage2 are bad. Driving the bike in Days Gone is a treat. Days Gone is overall a better game than this, imo. I'd give it an 8.5, Rage2 a 7.5

Last edited:

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Kvasir has an upgrade that points you towards them. His stuff was the first I unlocked.

It's probably a good idea for everyone to beeline to the 3 main story people to unlock the option of getting their upgrades honestly. After that, focus on getting all the weapons and abilities (look up a guide to find them if you want) and then do everything else you want in the open world. That way you have all the toys to play with for the most amount of time.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it is crazy in a "hey kids, this is crazy, right?" way...the marketing for this game made it look like a wasteland full of chaos, instead of that, the whole thing happens only in set spots and the world is boring af. if this game is "crazy" i am Santa Clause lol...the game is generic as it gets.

besides that, thinking about it, even in 2019 gamers are really easily pleased, "i am shooting shit so i am having fun!"-which is not a good measure for a game but a reason 90% of all games still involve shooting. it is the same as "it is fun with friends", also not a good measure for a game.

who cares about a shitty narrative, cardboard cutout NPCs, jumbled progression, non existent challenge, copy and paste content and plainly bad graphics right?

also, what i am seeing more and more: people are trying to justify their purchases, it is obvious with many releases. thing is, with enough gaming experience and decades of playing these people will be over this behaviour and see the games how they really are, regardless of the price they paid. reason why some people like Jeff Gerstmann come off as bored or annoyed at games sometimes, they directly see the strings where everything is attached.

and in the case of Rage 2, it shows a generic open world copy and paste-a-thon trying to come off as crazy when in its core it is conservative and as heck.
I mean, people can just have fun no? There is no need to back up your enjoyment with six paragraphs nor is there a need to tell someone they are clearly just backing up their purchases by saying they are having fun. No one is needing to prove anything when they say they are having fun, because media is so subjective to the person.

It is why reviews for some are useless. For me I look at them but take little from them because I know my interests are going to be different. Instead I focus on gameplay material or what it revolves around and decide on that. For Rage 2 it's fun for me. The chaos is fun, the characters are fun and the world is built well that it entertains me.

And now I've spent more words then I needed to justifying why I'm having fun when I don't need to do so, I can just enjoy it.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
My experience too.

Really enjoying it, put a few hours into it after work. Unfortunately I've seen some pretty bad bugs and glitches: my car being under the ground (kicking up dust above it on the ground), characters lips moving but no dialogue playing, flickering lights/shadows.

It's combat is crazy fun so far though, keeping me interested. I'm surprised just how deep the games systems are, the upgrades, unlocks and skills and such. Really surprised by those.

The amount of unlocks and progression system really caught me off guard with how many upgrades there were. I was like damn ok it's going to take awhile to get all this

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Bought two of the loot tracking upgrades, but not seeing any change to the compass? Am I missing something obvious? Tried standing right next to a storage container but didn't see any UI indicator pop up.

TimeLike

Nov 2, 2017
Bought two of the loot tracking upgrades, but not seeing any change to the compass? Am I missing something obvious? Tried standing right next to a storage container but didn't see any UI indicator pop up.

When you're near one, a WiFi strength style meter appears at the top center of the HUD.

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah I was sorta just paying half attention and now I need to do races and Mutant Bash TV yet I can't for the life of me find out how to start those activities.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This game should have been more stylized or something (filters maybe) as it's a real eyesore at the moment which is a shame.

instead of the nonsense cheat code stuff they should have added a simple cel shade mode like Far Cry 1(!) had, problem solved. on the Pro it is one of the ugliest games this console generation and the blurry IQ is like from the Wii U. in the sand area there are skyscrapers that look like from the PS2 generation. it is just hideous.

Oct 27, 2017
There're icons on your map. One that's written on it MBTV just drive there and the other one is the normal races you can pinpoint then from map activities
Thanks, I was looking around Wellspring trying to find somewhere to start those activities as I think that's how it worked in the original. It didn't help that I already had two other icons on the map before getting to this step that are exactly the same as these two new ones.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda got bored after 3 hours of playing this. Just randomly was like "Ok I've played enough" Shooting's fun, world is awful and the driving is worse.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, today's Steam update adds Rage 2 support for Linux... tempted to pick it up for the combat. €60 is a bit high though for how bad the reviews are but the combat really does look fun. Maybe it'll go on sale in the summer sale in a few weeks?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The combat in this game is everything I could ever want. Double jumping in the air, rushing forward to shatter an enemy right off a cliff while gunning everything around me. It's pure chaos, and amazingly fun at that - taking the time to explore the Arks for new powers actually has me excited.

I'm enjoying the necessity to travel across the barren map - and the repetition definitely takes on a more Ubi-centric approach, right down to map clearing with the chest opening. But it's the combat that truly shines on foot, and enough praise can't be given to how fun it feels to just engage in a frenetic battle.

The car mechanics leave a lot to be desired, but I do love the variety and different feel of vehicles. The weaponry differences are also a nice touch, though aiming with the mouse while driving with keys feels a bit finicky.

The image quality is definitely one the softest this gen, the game structure focusing on exploration and map clearing, the car mechanics a bit loose, but the combat is something fiercely fun. I'm having a good time.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's gonna arrive on Thursday so that gives me a few days to play through Rage 1 on PC. Does anyone know how long that game is if I power through it? It's been a long time since I played it. It actually ran like dogshit on my 1070 8gb until I forced vsync and turned off the texture detail option. weird.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I really wish that dashing, or jumping out of a slide would let you carry that momentum forward. Maybe I've been playing too much Quake lately, but it feels strange to me when I sprint, slide, and try jumping out of the slide; only to lose momentum and actually slow down. It's really a nitpick, and not something that ruins the game for me. Just kind of a random musing.

Did six and a half hours so far, and I'm still really enjoying it. I enjoy the side content because the combat is so fun. That content rewards currency to allow me to upgrade Walker, and make that combat more enjoyable. Not a revolutionary gameplay loop, but I'm having a blast regardless.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying stuff like "this is ubisoft like open world".

It's really not.

Ubisoft open world design is pretty good these days. Rage 2's is like where they were years ago.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the fence between getting this and Days Gone. For perspective I enjoy open world games with "busy work" type gameplay. I usually throw on a podcast or some sort of show in the background and run around completing tasks and checking things off my proverbial list. In addition to that I really like having a strong story as well. I've heard that Days Gone's story isn't the greatest but it's still pretty good vs Rage 2 where most everyone says it's pretty forgettable and that it's the gameplay and side activities that really keep peoples interest.

Based on this I'm leaning Days Gone but I was wondering if anyone had anything to add for either game.

Thanks!

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Can anyone confirm if difficulty is switchable on the fly? Heard a few comments that the game is kinda easy, so I might want to start on Hard, but not lock myself in.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, was thinking of picking it up on PC, thank you!

And ye, this will be my 3rd time lol. First was back in '12, then last November. They've always been my favorite.

I'm having a good time with it!

They have been my favorite band since the summer of '07. Got to meet Claudio at a comic signing in Middletown New york. Great guy, super nice and humble. Enjoy!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I completed the Substation Alpha mission but now I can't access the Shrouded Vault Ark because it's acting as if I hadn't.

EDIT - IGNORE ME, I AM BUT A FOOL

Last edited: