• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
quakecon-yod-longform-dallas-white-notfinal.png

https://www.quakecon.org

How do you take the largest LAN Party in North America and make it even bigger? With a shotgun blast of DOOM!

To commemorate DOOM's 25th anniversary, our four-day event will include all-new DOOM-inspired activities, events, exclusives, developer panels, hands-on demos, new information about DOOM Eternal, and a few surprises we aren't quite ready to talk about – all while continuing to feature everything you already love about QuakeCon. That's right… you'll still get Quake tournaments, exhibits, panels, updates on all the latest games from Bethesda – and, of course, a massive, round-the-clock LAN Party unlike any other.

Whether you've been a DOOM fan since the shareware days or you just recently became one, join us – along with the entire QuakeCon community – in celebrating at QuakeCon: Year of DOOM!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If they announced a Quake 1 reboot, I would be all over it. Hell, I would be all over a Quake 1 port to modern consoles.

Quake>DOOM for me personally.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished playing some Quake Champions to find rumblings of a Quake remaster?

Hmm they'd have to lean heavily into the Gothic theme to set it apart from the rest of the crowd, especially now that every other indie effort is putting a lot of the 'big' singleplayer shooters to shame. Otherwise I don't really see what it could bring to the table now that we have stuff like Doom, Bulletstorm, Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstein, etc.

Or just make it the Nioh/Dark Souls of shooters with hard as fuck bosses and a metric ton of loot drops. :P

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Eternal looks so tasty from what we've seen so far.

Also hoping for a 25th anniversary Doom rerelease too.

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
If this is the Year of Doom then I demand a classic Doom collection on console so I can be proud of platinuming one of my favorite series.