Pyrokinesis or Cryokinesis

• Pyrokinesis

Votes: 68 27.9%
  • Cryokinesis

Votes: 176 72.1%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
These are some of the most common and coolest superpowers, and really are the polar opposites of each other. So of the two which one would you rather have?

Pyrokinesis:

ss_5b88f071939e32c790dd9e84890d9c197956a7be__2_.jpg

94ec0479c1afd48f4f6b4f978fd0d9de.jpg

latest

323042436f1e23e1f4741b14a9482d443ce9393f.gifv

Or

Cryokinesis:

qagbgqimmsrre6nfzks1.png

frozen2-endingexplained-blogroll-1574378641740.jpg

8a5329853944cb7fd4b7ee3a4113aa4e.jpg

9bc4bfb5b23fb31e45c295bc7514b685.gif

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Easy. Cryo because it's less likely to burn down my house and I can surf on it.

Also, SMDH at the blatant disrespect not putting Iceman in here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine always having the most perfect ice for your drinks at all times

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I can do pyrokinesis with my stove, whereas freezing something will take a while!

My freezer is also tiny which is a problem

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017
Can't believe the Op's post didn't have Gill, who literally has special moves named pyrokinesis and cryokenesis.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the loophole that with pyrokinesis that you can also remove heat from an object?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Pyrokinesis is stronger. Cryo got a hard limit. That's why Dark Schneider won against Kal Su.

I hate the cold anyway.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cryokinesis is a lot more versatile if you get creative with your powers.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Cryo for sure. With Pyro, your reign as a superhero wont even last a month after you cause so much collateral damage trying to fix shit but end up burning everything to a crisp.

And with ice powers I can make all kinds of ice cream flavors; on top of doing the usual superhero stuff I will also create the Rainbow Flavored Ice Cream Summit where we sit down and create dialogue instead of trying to beat the shit out each other all the time. If we cant come to an agreement then I'll just freeze the whole room and do an uppercut fatality sub zero style.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pyrokinesis is more useful if...you want to kill everybody. If so, you should probably seek some help.

Cryokinesis is more practical. Free transportation!

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Cryo, it's more versatile. It can be used for offense and defense, I can build stuff like bridges and houses etc. and I'm significantly less likely to accidentally destroy shit.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take the power that requires that either I be able to break the laws of physics or that I've actuallygot both and just haven't figured the other out yet, please and thank you. Cryokinesis.
If you're really, really skilled with pyrokinesis, cyrokinesis becomes a secondary ability.
Not really. Cryokinesis requires you either break the fundamental laws of physics (by creating cold) or that you can already manipulate heat to a fine degree.

Pyrokinesis just requires you be able to generate and direct heat. You could get a variant that controls heat to a finer degree, but you don't have to.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably choose cryo because it has more permanence. So if you needed to get somewhere you could make a staircase out of ice, make yourself cutlery out of ice, etc. It has more practical applications.

And if you wanted to be a superhero/vigilante, you could kill someone pretty good by launching an icicle through them, or maybe freeze their blood if you had mastery of your abilities and wanted to be a bit more discreet?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Pyrokenisis. Just to be more fun at BBQs.

Well that and being able to immolate people at the snap of my fingers.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
It's pointless to put science behind superpowers but technically there's only pyrokinesis, cold is just the absence of heat, so if you control heat, you literally have both powers.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Cryo. I fucking hate hot weather and it would be amazing to be able to build ice up around myself whenever I wanted.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cryokinesis is definitely the more useful of the two and Pyrokinesis, even under its most liberal definitions, would not be able to emulate a lot of what cryokinesis can do. Depending on the material, freezing an object to absolute zero temperatures can make it either extremely brittle or far harder to break. You could create structures, alter the weather, prevent people from dying, chill your favourite beverage...

I'd definitely go with cryokinesis.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It's pointless to put science behind superpowers but technically there's only pyrokinesis, cold is just the absence of heat, so if you control heat, you literally have both powers.
Look up Bobby Drake some time. Already doing the impossible. Nothing to stop you taking it further

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Probably cryo... the puns are better and my victims wouldn't make as much noise

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

"Temperature" is just how fast particles are move, if you want to use that argument, it goes both ways. Besides, pyrokinesis is controlling fire, not specifically heat.

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
You're like a perpetual motion machine if you've got pyro powers. The people in the OP haven't shown any signs of having to eat extra or do anything special to be able to blow off the massive amounts of energy they project. For practical purposes I'll go with pyro.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pyrokinesis isn't thermokinesis. They're different things entirely and, if anything, both pyrokinesis and cryokinesis are just rudimentary and limited forms of heat manipulation. I know people like to try to find loopholes because they think it's smart, but pyrokinesis is the creation and manipulation of fire not heat. You might be sitting there going "but actually fire is heat!" but these are fictional superpowers with clearly defined limitations. So when someone asks you if you want to control fire or control ice, you really shouldn't become the no fun allowed police and say "both!"