IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Base ps4 has problems with loading textures and frame rate dips to 20 when you're landing, it's solid 30 once you get into the actual game
That's good to hear, I guess I'll keep an eye on it, but probably just wait til PS5. What are the control options like nowadays? That was the real killer for me on Xbox. I hate toggle aiming and didn't like the default control scheme, but there was no options to change them.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Does this mean I'll finally be able to play my first First Person game? Every time I try to on PS4 there's never enough people and I never find a game.
Unfortunately, FPP is also dead on Xbox so I doubt this will do much to help that mode. Last time I tried it on Xbox I ended up in a lobby with 14 people lol

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear, I guess I'll keep an eye on it, but probably just wait til PS5. What are the control options like nowadays? That was the real killer for me on Xbox. I hate toggle aiming and didn't like the default control scheme, but there was no options to change them.

There are 3 main control schemes (A, B and C). Option B (which I use), is more like a traditional shooter where you hold down left trigger to aim down sights.

Seandc33

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I have no issue with this as long as it works and doesn't immediately break after launch like the Xbox one version did.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome. They should port the mobile version to Switch it would be a good fit.

I guess we will have to wait for next year until a majority of multiplatform games are crossplay (sports games, battlefield, r6 siege/Overwatch/Diablo sequels or patch). I'm still surprised that Call of Duty will be the game to lead the way in AAA crossplay.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a PUBG crew that plays on both PS4 and Xbox depending on which members are around on any given day. This is big for us because it will make it so that members of the crew who only have one console can finally unite with the other players on the opposite console. This is so awesome for us!

For those wondering how it performs on console, I think its fine on PS4 Pro and X1X. Its certainly one of the roughest games I play in terms of crashes and disconnects and whatnot, BUT we wouldn't have a 10-person crew of regular players getting together on this thing if it was super garbage. A couple of our guys even play on an Xbox One S and they manage just fine.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
First-person mode. PUBG initially shipped as a third-person shooter, and they patched in a first-person mode after the fact.

Awesome. They should port the mobile version to Switch it would be a good fit.

I guess we will have to wait for next year until a majority of multiplatform games are crossplay (sports games, battlefield, r6 siege/Overwatch/Diablo sequels or patch). I'm still surprised that Call of Duty will be the game to lead the way in AAA crossplay.
The mobile version doesn't have controller support, and I think they've removed what little support there once was.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Iirc PUBG kinda bombed on PS4?
I remember it charted high on NPD's when it launched on Xbox and was a top performer in the Xbox Store for a long time. It launched on PS4 and it seemed like nobody cared. At the very least if that was true, at least there's a bigger population now

Did we ever get PS4 sales info for pubg? I remember many people posting that it would sell great on PS4 which I doubted because Fortnite was already established on PS4 and pubg was late to the system (and not free-to-play).

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed this magically meets the threshold where we can pick maps. Or at least exclude something.

Give me Miramar or give me death.

TURBO1112

Oct 25, 2017
FPP pool is small but I play FPP squads every night on XB1 without any issues. During the day its usually tough to find a FPP game so hopefully this helps

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is awesome news for fans of the game and generally for the industry seeing more well known games introducing cross play.

That said, I can't bring myself to play the console port of PUBG. Has it improved much?
Improved from the original Game Preview launch on Xbox? Certainly, it's an better by an order of magnitude. It's still a buggy and visually unappealing version of the game though. LOD pop-in issues, unstable performance on the One X and PS4 Pro and a completely dead FPP playlist are the most prominent issues but perhaps the last issue will be rectified with crossplay.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
When they said a long requested feature I thought for sure it'd be 60FPS finally.

Is this cross play just matchmaking or is their cross play parties as well?