Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I foresee many people claiming disappointment with the PS VR2 on PC when there running an nvidia 970 or something similar lol. People might be in for a shock compared to the relatively easy plug and play nature of PS5.

Shiiiiit I just hope the adapter/app doesn't block someone lower than a turning card. These other GTX cards can run many VR games fine... but this is a 4K headset, so might have to lower the resolution or depend on upscaling solution (which isn't usually recommended for VR, but games offer it).

Edit- but WAIT.. yesh yeah a 970 card is pushing it.

Apr 9, 2018
Just highlighting some of the old PSVR1 games that do not have a PSVR2 port but have PC Ports, in case there are new owners:

Superhot VR
Skyrim VR
Star Wars Squadrons
Ghost Giant
Hitman World of Assassination
Trover save the Universe
I Expect You To Die Trilogy
The Invisible Hours
Vader Immortal
The Wizards
LA Noire VR Cases
Doom VFR
Arizona Sunshine
Keept Talking and Nobody Explodes
Espire 1
Megaton Rainfall
Headmaster
Accounting+
Battlezone
Rick and Morty VR
Batman Arkham VR

There's also a bunch of games with VR mods like RE7.
This should be threadmarked, very useful list to have!

Does Doom VFR work with it? I had trouble getting the controllers to work over Virtual Desktop with the Quest 3 :/

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Just highlighting some of the old PSVR1 games that do not have a PSVR2 port but have PC Ports, in case there are new owners:

Superhot VR
Skyrim VR
Star Wars Squadrons
Ghost Giant
Hitman World of Assassination
Trover save the Universe
I Expect You To Die Trilogy
The Invisible Hours
Vader Immortal
The Wizards
LA Noire VR Cases
Doom VFR
Arizona Sunshine
Keept Talking and Nobody Explodes
Espire 1
Megaton Rainfall
Headmaster
Accounting+
Battlezone
Rick and Morty VR
Batman Arkham VR

There's also a bunch of games with VR mods like RE7.

You can add The mages tales !

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Is the PSVR2 app only for connecting the headset to the PC, and then you use SteamVR to play games and watch videos? Also, anyone know if EmuVR will work with this?

I think the PSVR2 app is pretty much only there as a driver and controller pairing tool. Kknd pf like the Oculus app on PC is fof Zoculus headsets.

Theoretically, anything that works with other PCVR headsets should work.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I guess as expected? From Reddit and Steam review.

Apparently GPUs with VirtualLink support don't need the adapter.

store.steampowered.com

PlayStation®VR2 App on Steam

Enjoy VR games and apps on Steam with PlayStation VR2! Install PS VR2 App to use PS VR2 on your PC, set up your PS VR devices, and keep the firmware for PS VR2 headset and PS VR2 Sense controllers up to date.
The headset works very well and the adapter is not actually mandatory if you have a gpu that supports virtuallink, like the rx 6000 series or rtx 20 series. the controller tracking is surprisingly good despite what I heard from earlier reviews and the output from the HMD is gorgeous

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
60 Bucks???

Also, I don't understand that Display Port part from the OT, that seems complicated as fuck. I can't simply connect it via USB or HDMI to this adapter? Then what is this adapter even for if it doesn't that simplicity? So my 4090 seems to have 3 display ports as far as I can see and an HDMI that I use.

How do you even connect everything? Is that Box not USB? What exactly goes into the Box? The headset? And then the box with USB to the PC? Then how comes the display port into play and what goes into what and why do I need another cable on top that this 60 euro purchase does not even include?

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Enjoy VR games and apps on Steam with PlayStation VR2! Install PS VR2 App to use PS VR2 on your PC, set up your PS VR devices, and keep the firmware for PS VR2 headset and PS VR2 Sense controllers up to date.

Wait what lol, I got a 2060S...time to get to testing!

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Got a tracking number from Best Buy. Seems if you got an order in while it was available it's safe.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Wait what lol, I got a 2060S...time to get to testing!
Also sitting here with a 2060 Super.

Going to go give this a go. BIG (for me) if true.

Hopefully, but I believe not every Super card supports it.

www.uploadvr.com

Every Graphics Card And Laptop With The VirtualLink USB-C Port

VirtualLink is the new USB-C single cable standard for future VR headsets and the GPUs/laptops they connect to. It’s intended to simplify the setup process of VR and ensure compatibility with USB and power requirements of future headsets. It also allows gaming laptops to guarantee support for VR.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

store.steampowered.com

I guess the GPU provides the power as well?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

www.uploadvr.com

VirtualLink is the new USB-C single cable standard for future VR headsets and the GPUs/laptops they connect to. It’s intended to simplify the setup process of VR and ensure compatibility with USB and power requirements of future headsets. It also allows gaming laptops to guarantee support for VR.

Yeah took me a sec, mine doesn't support it :/

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018

www.uploadvr.com

Yep, just had a quick check and mine does not in fact have USC C out.

My own fault for getting a smaller one all those years ago. Oh well!

hayabusi

Apr 26, 2019

store.steampowered.com

Nice, I have a Radeon 6900XT with VirtualLink.
Just need this thing on sale in the EU now please! (Still unbelievable that it was 350 US and UK only…)

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC

store.steampowered.com

I don't get it, what makes this a recent revelation? I have a 2080ti and I could've been using it on my PC this whole time?

Edit: duh, the app just came out.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Subscribed. Primal Sage , you're a champ as always with this info. Think you could add links to the OP for best retailers to order/pre-order from, when you have a chance?

edit: nvm, I misunderstood the availability. I thought they were doing some limited stock thing with only specific retailers. don't mind me.

Last edited:

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I don't get it, what makes this a recent revelation? I have a 2080ti and I could've been using it on my PC this whole time?
No, at launch they specifically made decisions that prevented it being used on PC. They're recently updated the firmware to enable PC use and provided drivers which came out about 5 hours ago.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
60 Bucks???

Also, I don't understand that Display Port part from the OT, that seems complicated as fuck. I can't simply connect it via USB or HDMI to this adapter? Then what is this adapter even for if it doesn't that simplicity? So my 4090 seems to have 3 display ports as far as I can see and an HDMI that I use.

How do you even connect everything? Is that Box not USB? What exactly goes into the Box? The headset? And then the box with USB to the PC? Then how comes the display port into play and what goes into what and why do I need another cable on top that this 60 euro purchase does not even include?

Jesus Christ.
It's in the OP, it's required for power, video, and I/O.

Many of us expected this to cost more, considering the price of the homebrew attempts and Sony's general premium pricing. This is pretty tame.

Jun 1, 2021
60 Bucks???

Jesus Christ.

What are you struggling with? It needs a display port and cable. The adapter is FOR display port to work. You need a display port cable and the rest is doing with what comes with the adapter and Bluetooth.

It's pretty simple. Your so hostile in threads but if you actually thought about it and read the website that explains then you would understand.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
60 Bucks???

Jesus Christ.

truly an impossible mystery to solve. how will we over plug one thing into a second thing into a third thing. we will simply never know.

Sangral