• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
once you've decided what you want to sell, confirm the items through the steam app like you normally would before you sell an item. then once confirmed, they should appear under "my active listings" on this page https://steamcommunity.com/market/
Wait I still have to do something manually? I don't know what normal is, I don't do this. Steam mobile app doesn't have any updates or anything different.

I just want to click something and sell all this shit. Can I not do that?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like I have around 63 total items in my inventory. Will report back.

Edit: Looks like I'll be receiving a cool $3.41. ;)

ebugg

Nov 3, 2018
Wait I still have to do something manually? I don't know what normal is, I don't do this. Steam mobile app doesn't have any updates or anything different.

I just want to click something and sell all this shit. Can I not do that?
no, you need to confirm that you want to sell through the steam mobile app regardless. (under confirmations in the drop down menu on the app)
its annoying if youre selling a lot, but i understand why valve implemented it. what the script in the op does is make it faster to sell through the maybe hundreds of cards/crates/ w.e because it will set the price to the highest it can sell for automatically. (or w.e you want, it has some options you can customize)
i'm glad i discovered this today. free steam credit!

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I would, if Steam would give me a non-phone-based 2FA option. Haven't been able to sell any since they put that shit in place a couple of years ago Because the wait for each sale is two weeks if I remember correctly.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood how people are making so much money from selling trading cards. They only sell for a few pence each so even with a lot of trading cards to sell I've never made more than a few pounds (I think I managed to make nearly £3 one year lol.) I guess it depends on rarity more than quantity? I've only ever gotten a couple of foil cards over the years and have never had anything of any decent value in my inventory.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I made $166.89 USD on trading cards before CAD was available. I made an additional $259.99 CAD once steam made the currency switch.

So approximately $480 CAD total.

Thats a lot of free games.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
After about five years of neglecting my spare drops (if memory serves, I had 100~150 remaining, then Styx released and I never went back), I finally started idling for cards again a few months ago and, last I checked, am on track to recouping the cost of my Quest. ~7,700 down, ~8,600 to go.

Cheers for the heads-up on SEE, by the way. Netting a few hundred cards overnight is great, but having to spend an hour in the morning listing them all is not.

I would, if Steam would give me a non-phone-based 2FA option. Haven't been able to sell any since they put that shit in place a couple of years ago Because the wait for each sale is two weeks if I remember correctly.

Mobile 2FA didn't replace e-mail 2FA; you can still use the latter. In fact, it's automagically enabled if you've signed in at least twice since verifying your e-mail address, so you must have disabled it at some point.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I would but i don't see to be able to. Probably due to the fact that my steam library is basically free games and gifts. I'd rather buy games on GOG. So what else can i do with cards, then? Collect?

Oct 28, 2017
This script was what I was waiting for. Listed all items at once (200), only work was to confirm everything by hand in the app.

One thing the script is missing is some way to lock out items you don't want to sell on "sell all". I wanted to keep one background I'm using. Well, I just de-listed it after the fact.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
wait i need the steam mobile app? Can't do this just on PC or something?

For account protection purposes, it will ask you to confirm listings through the app. Maybe if you don't have Steam Guard enabled you can do it with your email address? I don't know. I've had the app installed for years now.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
never bothered because it was too much hassle and you only get pennies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
One thing the script is missing is some way to lock out items you don't want to sell on "sell all". I wanted to keep one background I'm using. Well, I just de-listed it after the fact.

Yeah, I have a full set of Summer Sale 2013 cards I'm saving for a rainy day (5x regular cards and 1x foil cards), so it'd be nice if I could exclude them from Sell All Cards.

Edit: I suppose I could handball them to my alt account until I've used up all my drops.

Why you can't sell them? Your library shouldn't matter

Accounts that haven't spent at least USD$5 on the store/in-game are considered Limited Accounts and are unable to use the Community Market.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'll give it a try but this better not do any harm to my PC...

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
i'll give it a try but this better not do any harm to my PC...

You never know...

explosion-pc-gif-5.gif

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
seems to be working so far...

i'll get £3.80 ... i guess it's something.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
okay...

I really need a full tutorial, why should i need the mobile app? What should i do with steam guard? I never did this shit so there's plenty of things not indicated in that script download page! Like you need violetmonkey or tampermonkey... sure, but any explanation on what it is? And many other things

Sorry i'm dumb but i don't want to do something wrong here

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
okay...

I really need a full tutorial, why should i need the mobile app? What should i do with steam guard? I never did this shit so there's plenty of things not indicated in that script download page

Sorry i'm dumb but i don't want to do something wrong here
OP didn't bother explaining what to do nor does the github page so what I did:

1.Install Tampermonkey extension on chrome
2. Click here and it will load the script then click install
3. go to Steam in your browser and log in.
4. Click sell all items or sell all cards.
5. Wait for it to list all items/cards
6. confirm listings through your Steam Guard app which is the easiest way. I didn't have mine set up so it sent me an individual email for each listing so you don't really NEED the app but it's better to use it.

Just a warning though...22 of my items have been put on hold until 4th March because I haven't been using the authenticator on my phone. I had email code set up instead.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

6. confirm listings through your Steam Guard app which is the easiest way. I didn't have mine set up so it sent me an individual email for each listing so you don't really NEED the app but it's better to use it.

Just a warning though...22 of my items have been put on hold until 4th March because I haven't been using the authenticator on my phone. I had email code set up instead.

thanks a lot! Unpacking all booster pack function worked... I did click on sell all cards... but it does nothing, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong

EDIT : reinstalled it and now it works, it's currently processing!

The thing say a price listed but the money i'll receive is less, i guess it's normal?

Last edited:

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I did sell a lot of cards since realizing that I don't find necessary to level up my profile with crafted badges from full set trading cards.. Sure there are cool features unlocked and high booster packs chance rate for higher level, but the last event of Grand Prix pretty much increased my level a lot, which now I don't really need to do further.

I don't play Team Fortress 2 much, so I ended selling a lot of marketable vintage weapons and hats that I have, which resulted me buying few AAA games in store with earned money before. I still haven't touch other games (DOTA, CS:GO) with such marketable items. Maybe I will, just I do not have time at all.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
thanks a lot! Unpacking all booster pack function worked... I did click on sell all cards... but it does nothing, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong

EDIT : reinstalled it and now it works, it's currently processing!

The thing say a price listed but the money i'll receive is less, i guess it's normal?

Users get 85% of the list price. 10% (or a minimum of 1c) goes to the dev and 5% (ditto) to Valve.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'd happily sell everything I could if Steam itself had a simply button to automatically list everything on the marketplace.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just batch-sold all of my cards and junk, why are some things on hold? Do I need to do anything about that?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Okay i did it...

I should receive 42.17 CHF (43 $)

Now what? I have like two listing loaded and then the thing keeps loading indefinitely

joATejK.png

EDIT : I went again in my inventory and everything is there... i clicked again on "sell all card"... but now it's only listing 551 cards instead of 601? And it's processing the thing... I just don't get how this shit works

Please tell me i didn't fucked up something

0uROd27.png

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
First time I sell anything. Got this acount since... I don't even know. Maybe 2005? In dollars the amount I got was around 4 or 5$.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Oh yeah i just checked, i have tons of email now too...

And i just don't get it

CQgZUt2.png

Do i have to confirm 250 item one by one on my emails???

Also like i said, i had like 601 item, but here it's 50 + 250 waiting confirmation... what gives?

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Oh yeah i just checked, i have tons of email now too...

And i just don't get it

CQgZUt2.png

Do i have to confirm 250 item one by one on my emails???

Also like i said, i had like 601 item, but here it's 50 + 250 waiting confirmation... what gives?

You first have to set up Steam Guard Authenticator on your app.
Then delete all existing listings and relist them in your browser.

Instead of emails, you'll get notifications on your Steam app which you can confirm the listing.

Sakuyahime

Sep 21, 2019
Argentina
I did this many times to get a discount of sorts in many titles, it's crazy how many people buy these trading cards!
I also had many drops from other games that I never really used so that helped too. It's a good way to save some money for sure.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
EDIT : I went again in my inventory and everything is there... i clicked again on "sell all card"... but now it's only listing 551 cards instead of 601? And it's processing the thing... I just don't get how this shit works

Please tell me i didn't fucked up something

Cards tied to delisted games can't be sold. You have the option of converting unmarketable cards into gems, though, and once you have 1,000 gems, you can pack them into a "sack", which can be sold.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the Tut! I should've had one so my bad!

Nov 8, 2017
I did this but now I have 250 emails demanding trade confirmations individually.

This is the worst thing that has ever happened to a human. Is there really no way to bulk approve this?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I did this but now I have 250 emails demanding trade confirmations individually.

This is the worst thing that has ever happened to a human. Is there really no way to bulk approve this?

It's easier with the app, it seems. You have to tick a box next to each listing, but they're all listed on one screen and then you just press 'confirm all selected' once.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I did this awhile back and was able to get like 2 games during the sales.
I'll be honest I also sometimes just let games play that I own but will never actually bother you play just to get some cards occasionally.

Why is it putting 165 of my 181 listings on hold until March 3rd?

This whole thing is a gigantic pain in the ass to make 13 bucks
Security reasons I believe. If you use the steam app with the authenticator then it's instant

Nov 8, 2017
It's easier with the app, it seems. You have to tick a box next to each listing, but they're all listed on one screen and then you just press 'confirm all selected' once.

I added my phone authenticator now it says "nothing to confirm" under the confirmations screen there and I don't see any tick box on the marketplace listing, it's the same website I see when I'm on my PC.

Am I using the wrong steam app? Am I on the wrong screen? Or do I have to cancell them all and relist them all?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I added my phone authenticator now it says "nothing to confirm" under the confirmations screen there and I don't see any tick box on the marketplace listing, it's the same website I see when I'm on my PC.

Am I using the wrong steam app? Am I on the wrong screen? Or do I have to cancell them all and relist them all?

You need to relist the items. E-mail confirmations and app confirmations are two separate things.

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
I made a good chunk of change doing this strategically during various Steam sales to get the most value out of my items. They've nerfed the sales, though, so it's not really worth waiting for them anymore. The values of cards and other items have been on a steady decline. I just used up the last of the loose change in my Steam wallet on RE4 when it was on sale for $4.99 last week, so I'm pretty much done with all that now.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I've got a bunch of these sitting around doing nothing. Is there some compelling reason to keep them, otherwise I may just sell off the ones I have.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I finally started bothering with this during the Winter Sale since they were just lying around collecting dust and stuff. Made about $10 so far, and that's doing everything manually/not using any of the idler scripts or anything (since I'd rather not mess up my playtime that much). Definitely can't complain about that at all, especially since I already used some of that $10 to pick up some cool games (Superflight and Dust: An Elysian Tail).

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Shame the value of Steam trading cards has gone down so much tho. A few years ago you could easily get double or triple what you can now.

For example, I sold my Witcher 3 cards for $0.40+ a pop back in '16. Checked, they're down to around $0.14 each. And those are some of the more valuable ones. Most other cards you'll be lucky to get a few cents. Still adds up if you have a whole bunch of them, but it ain't what it used to be. I remember being able to buy cheap games simply from selling the daily free cards for finishing an exploration queue during sales.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
You first have to set up Steam Guard Authenticator on your app.
Then delete all existing listings and relist them in your browser.

Instead of emails, you'll get notifications on your Steam app which you can confirm the listing.

I have no choice to install the app on my phone then? I'll still have to confirm like 600 listing on the app though?

And why did it accept like 50 and for 250 i have to confirm on email? and why didn't it give all 600 instead of just 300?

EDIT : huuuuum, i don't find any option to delete them all at the same time... i have to do it one by one...

also i installed steam app on my phone and enabled steam guard but now it says this :

SmartSelect_20200218-173958_Steam.jpg

EDIT2 : okay i cancelled everything... Now should i wait until 25/02 before doing anything? If i relaunch that script on my browser, will it truly go to my app and work this time?

Last edited: