• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Tried it thanks. I remember playing this when it first came out but what a terrible PC port, uninstalled.

What's terrible about it? I also played it on PC back in the day and remember it ran well. The first game was very hard to get to 60fps and often stuttered, but the sequel was much improved.

Or do you mean lack of scalability on modern hardware?

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
My AC collection grows yet bigger. I already beat AC2 on 360, but I have most episodes from 1 to Syndicate now. Missing Brotherhood, Rogue and Liberation. They probably won't give Origins for free until 2-3 years at best, if ever.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
What's terrible about it? I also played it on PC back in the day and remember it ran well. The first game was very hard to get to 60fps and often stuttered, but the sequel was much improved.

The only thing I remember about the PC port back in the day is that people were pissed it was an "always online" game, and if you lost connection it would save or something. I don't think it's been like that for a while though.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

The controls feel very awkward on my Xbox One controller and did not run smoothly at all. Lots of stuttering which is odd since I can play all the newest games around 60fps or higher at high settings in 1440p.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

The controls are my absolute number one issue with it. The default controls for controllers are totally fucked up. I had to make a custom controller profile on steam to get things set up right and it's still not 1:1 with the 360 version.

and yeah there do seem to be some stutters when running above 30fps regardless of hardware.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection & Journey are free on PS4 from April 15 to May 5.

blog.us.playstation.com

Announcing the Play At Home Initiative

Stay safe and pick up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free from April 15 through May 5.

Wow, that really nice, I was thinking in buying the Drake Collection in a long time, good that I waited.

And it's good to add this: *In Germany and China, users will have access to Knack 2 and Journey for free for a limited time (April 15, 2020 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT).

Oct 31, 2017
Wow, that really nice, I was thinking in buying the Drake Collection in a long time, good that I waited.

And it's good to add this: *In Germany and China, users will have access to Knack 2 and Journey for free for a limited time (April 15, 2020 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT).

Why would they change the Uncharted Trilogy for Knack 2 in those two countries ? Too violent ?

With that said, it's a great move from Sony !

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
So if you make a psn German or Chinese (or any other country if you are in one of those two) account you get 3 free games (Uncharted Collection, Journey and Knack 2).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I guess I'll check out the Nathan Drake collection just to see how they hold up on PS4. Already have Journey
The Collection is fantastic. Solid 60fps makes it much easier to land headshots consistently, and they made a number of other improvements too, including some gameplay tweaks.

www.eurogamer.net

The making of Uncharted: the Nathan Drake Collection

Sony's big first party game for the holiday season is a remaster - but not just any remaster. Uncharted: the Nathan Dra…

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
The Collection is fantastic. Solid 60fps makes it much easier to land headshots consistently, and they made a number of other improvements too, including some gameplay tweaks.

www.eurogamer.net

The making of Uncharted: the Nathan Drake Collection

Sony's big first party game for the holiday season is a remaster - but not just any remaster. Uncharted: the Nathan Dra…

I'll check it out. Having a solid 60FPS will certainly be nicer compared to whatever the games had on PS3

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 1 was a pain to play through although I liked the characters and banter. Glad I decided to play U2 and onwards though!
I hated the first one, and even though the second game is better, I really disliked it too. Then I forced myself to play U3 since I had U4 on the backlog, thinking that I'd hate it just like I hated the first two games, and surprizingly I really enjoyed it! I don't know why, but only U3 clicked on me of the first three. Then, of couse, U4 too, which I consider a masterpiece. I still have yet to pick Lost Legacy, but being broke sux.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I hated the first one, and even though the second game is better, I really disliked it too. Then I forced myself to play U3 since I had U4 on the backlog, thinking that I'd hate it just like I hated the first two games, and surprizingly I really enjoyed it! I don't know why, but only U3 clicked on me of the first three. Then, of couse, U4 too, which I consider a masterpiece. I still have yet to pick Lost Legacy, but being broke sux.
I know, opinions and all, but for me U4 was tied for worst in the series along with U1. Pacing was horrible. Overall, it was boring. Lost Legacy is awesome btw, well worth it and often overlooked when the series is discussed which is a shame. I expect it'll be on PS+ eventually if you have that.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

3 is my favourite from the original 3 too.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection & Journey are free on PS4 from April 15 to May 5.

blog.us.playstation.com

Announcing the Play At Home Initiative

Stay safe and pick up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free from April 15 through May 5.

Wow, that's great!!! I recently played U4 and wanted to play the other 3 again. Nice to know that the ports are good too. I really enjoyed the whole series, with the only weak game being the first.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's really dumb that PS+ games are marked as "owned" for as long as you sub them. Xbox doesn't do that, as far as I could tell.

Bloodborne's been on sale a few times now for pretty cheap and I've considered buying it just in case I ever lose PS+, but the way Sony designed their store prevents that. I'm over here literally willing to give them more money for a game I technically already have and they don't want it. Everyone loses in that scenario.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
3 is my favourite from the original 3 too.
Right? There's something so cool about it that U2 lacks.
I know, opinions and all, but for me U4 was tied for worst in the series along with U1. Pacing was horrible. Overall, it was boring. Lost Legacy is awesome btw, well worth it and often overlooked when the series is discussed which is a shame. I expect it'll be on PS+ eventually if you have that.
I've seen complaints about all the climbing etc., but personally I think that U4 is exactly what I wanted from the first three.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
i don't know about china but for germany i expect it is the nazi stuff in the first game.

It's the age rating that prevents it being given away free.

BTW, Journey and Uncharted Collection (Eng/Chinese/Korean) are already live on HK PSN. Journey and Knack 2 are already live on China PSN.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the Nathan Drake Collection not live yet? PS Store is still wanting to charge me $19.99