Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I cant believe more people aren't taking advantage of this, the prices are insane

Valhalla - $35
Yakuza 7 - $35
Godfall - $50
next gen Call of Duty Cold War - $50

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is a long thread and the OP hasn't been updated so I'll just ask: do we know yet if certain PS5 games will be excluded on Thursday?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This is a long thread and the OP hasn't been updated so I'll just ask: do we know yet if certain PS5 games will be excluded on Thursday?

Uh... yes, they will be excluded if they are now, unless there's a glitch. Preorders are already eligible, so I doubt things change on release, and the 1st party titles are held back on purpose. Most you are going to get is maybe some of these eligible titles come back in stock.

And can we please stop with the questions about retail fraud (ie: can I return a game I bought at Target to another store so I can get make money)? Just cancel the games you don't want. If B2G1F isn't a good enough deal for you even prorated, then just wait.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Just chiming in to let yaw know I was able to do the Demon's Souls, Miles, and Sack Boy "Trick" described in this thread. At first, the chat support was telling me those games were not included in the promotion. But I said I know people who have had it included and I was asking why the promotion changed. They eventually offered me to refund the cheapest one in the cart.

So if yaw don't mind playing dumb with the nice chat support people they might help you out.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What I meant to say is do we know which of them aren't eligible.

Just check the preorders on the site. If they're eligible now, they should be on release. Unless the site is missing some preorders or something.

I'm not sure if this "tip" has been given before, but the target site is horrendous to navigate. So go to categories and drill down to the games you want (like say, Playstation 5 games) and in the filter you can select Deals -> BOGO to see what's eligible.

For instance, these are the PS5 games that are eligible:

www.target.com

BOGO : PlayStation 5 : Target

Shop Target for PlayStation 5 you will love at great low prices. Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup. Free standard shipping with $35 orders. Expect More. Pay Less.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
And I was successful in my venture! NBA 2K, Demons Souls and Miles! Thanks for all of the tips in this thread - very helpful stuff.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
I cant believe more people aren't taking advantage of this, the prices are insane

Valhalla - $35
Yakuza 7 - $35
Godfall - $50
next gen Call of Duty Cold War - $50
Wait, I'm also confused by this. Planning on maybe getting ps4 versions of AC Valhalla, Yakuza and maybe a third game. How are $35 each? Wouldn't it be $40 each with B2G1?

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
How does this pricing work if it's buy 2 get 1 free? Is it just the average?

you can cancel whatever you want
it subtracts 33% from all 3 games instead of the total price of one game

so order 3 $50 games and it comes out to roughly $35 each and you can cancel one or two of them and you will still have the $35 price for what you keep

3 $70 games works out to roughly $50 each

Wait, I'm also confused by this. Planning on maybe getting ps4 versions of AC Valhalla, Yakuza and maybe a third game. How are $35 each? Wouldn't it be $40 each with B2G1?

Valhalla and Yakuza 7 are both priced at $50 to begin with, not $60

EDIT: sorry, apparently they raised the price to $60, they were $50 when the deal first went live
(Yakuza 7 for Xbox is stil $50)

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

They were $50 until this morning. Add in the Red Card and I was able to get AC Valhalla for $31.66.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
you can cancel whatever you want
it subtracts 33% from all 3 games instead of the total price of one game

so order 3 $50 games and it comes out to roughly $35 each and you can cancel one or two of them and you will still have the $35 price for what you keep

3 $70 games works out to roughly $50 each

Valhalla and Yakuza 7 are both priced at $50 to begin with, not $60

EDIT: sorry, apparently they raised the price to $60, they were $50 when the deal first went live
(Yakuza 7 for Xbox is stil $50)
They were $50 until this morning. Add in the Red Card and I was able to get AC Valhalla for $31.66.
Wow. Bummer I missed that. Oh well.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
I bought two copies of 2k and 1 cod. They are being mailed and won't be here till next week! Can I buy a copy on release day at Best Buy then return the unopened target copies at Best Buy once they come in the mail? Anybody have any experience with this matter? Thanks guis (:

Gray-Fox

Oct 27, 2017
I bought two copies of 2k and 1 cod. They are being mailed and won't be here till next week! Can I buy a copy on release day at Best Buy then return the unopened target copies at Best Buy once they come in the mail? Anybody have any experience with this matter? Thanks guis (:
Should be fine. Not uncommon for me to return products between stores.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried chat for PS5 games and the dude tried to manually apply discount butt said he couldn't due to being pre-orders but gave me a reference number and said to contact them again when they're out and they'll honor the deal and refund me the cost of aa game. We'll see, I guess.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Bit the bullet on PS4 versions of Cyberpunk, AC: Valhalla, and Yakuza 7. #Lastgengamerz 😎😎😎

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just got a shipping notice for AC Valhalla.. estimate of the 16th. I guess it's worth saving $50 in the long run, but keep in mind these games are gonna come LATE compared to an existing Amazon preorder you may have had like myself.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
What did you tell them? The best they could do for me was a 15% off 227.29 for the three games

It took a few tries (the first guy wasn't having it) but I just said I was a long time cardholder and these are the only 3 games (NBA, MILES, DS) I wanted. I also said some bs like "I would hate to miss out on such a great deal". I was very polite as well. The rep eventually said they could refund a game for full price if I put the order through, which they did. Just keep trying it does work.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else not having the B2G1 free price reflecting the right amount on their purchase yet? I had them manually do it since i got demon's souls and spider-man and it still says $210. You think if I cancel one game rn that it will adjust correctly to ~$90 when it updates?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else not having the B2G1 free price reflecting the right amount on their purchase yet? I had them manually do it since i got demon's souls and spider-man and it still says $210. You think if I cancel one game rn that it will adjust correctly to ~$90 when it updates?
When they gave me the refund it immediately updated and gave me an email confirmation for my partial refund. Might want to contact CSR.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
When they gave me the refund it immediately updated and gave me an email confirmation for my partial refund. Might want to contact CSR.
OMG what a mess!

So, he never applied the discount so after a couple reps, I had them honor a Buy 1, Get 1 free deal instead pretty much lol Demon's Souls and CoD for free

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda jealous of people getting their Assassin's Creed shipped already while mine is sitting not even in a payment processed state.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Fourth time was the charm...used the phone number to talk to guest services and they were able to as a one time fix adjust it even though the games are not eligible.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Melody of Memory shipped for me. Just waiting on Yakuza as the last holdout of the pre-ordered titles.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Monster Hunter Rise seems to be part of the sale

Monster Hunter: Rise Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch

Read reviews and buy Monster Hunter: Rise Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.
www.target.com

Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch

Read reviews and buy Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

I swear this sale was random as shit

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise seems to be part of the sale

Monster Hunter: Rise Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch

Read reviews and buy Monster Hunter: Rise Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.
www.target.com

Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch

Read reviews and buy Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.
If only there were two other $60 Switch games that are worth buying and part of this sale.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what's up with Dirt 5 and Target? If you go to the page for the game it just says "Sold Out" If you actually search for inventory, no stores have it anywhere. I've checked random zip codes and every store has 0 stock and this was on Saturday the day after release. I want to do the B2G1 on it and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with Target's stock for this title because it seems like they never got any. My only guess is that they're somehow having it arrive in stores along with the next gen consoles but even with me looking at PS5 launch titles, even those are showing inventory at local stores. It just seems bizarre that Target doesn't have this title.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what's up with Dirt 5 and Target? If you go to the page for the game it just says "Sold Out" If you actually search for inventory, no stores have it anywhere. I've checked random zip codes and every store has 0 stock and this was on Saturday the day after release. I want to do the B2G1 on it and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with Target's stock for this title because it seems like they never got any. My only guess is that they're somehow having it arrive in stores along with the next gen consoles but even with me looking at PS5 launch titles, even those are showing inventory at local stores. It just seems bizarre that Target doesn't have this title.
We only received one copy of Dirt 5. Sounds like it's a very limited game.

I'm trying Target chat and no luck. Lol

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
We only received one copy of Dirt 5. Sounds like it's a very limited game.

Ya, I noticed Best Buy's stock is limited too. I wonder if I should order a copy then rather than try to see if this B2G1 pans out on it. I wonder why so limited and kind of a shame since it's getting decent buzz.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I ordered Yakuza, Mortal Shell and John Wick. Wick doesn't come out until Dec. 4 so it'll be a bit. Got the shipping notification for Mortal Shell and said it was estimated to arrive November 16th. Yakuza has not shipped, but officially releases tomorrow, and my order now says it is actually estimated to come November 18th.

Lol, great sale and all, but weird ass shipping stuff.

mtj8033

Dec 27, 2017
was able to get target to discount RDR2 due to the walmart sale and then use B2G1 free to get it down to ~17 after tax and with a separate order cyberpunk for xbox one for ~41. Not too bad.

Last edited:

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused. I have NBA and COD both for the Series X in my cart with the promo applied, but Spiderman is in there too and it won't apply the code. Same with Demon Souls.

Lots of posts here saying they spoke to the support line. Do I order first and then call? Or call and order from them? The only PS5 titles that seem to have this auto applied are Ubisoft games that already have upcoming black Friday sales.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. I have NBA and COD both for the Series X in my cart with the promo applied, but Spiderman is in there too and it won't apply the code. Same with Demon Souls.

Lots of posts here saying they spoke to the support line. Do I order first and then call? Or call and order from them? The only PS5 titles that seem to have this auto applied are Ubisoft games that already have upcoming black Friday sales.
Total crapshoot with customer service...Sony first party games are not supposed to be part of the sale...I had luck on the phone...ymmv