Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
Do people with this TV and an Xbox Series use dolby vison for gaming or simple hdr?
I try it sometimes but I'm not really sure about it...

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Do people with this TV and an Xbox Series use dolby vison for gaming or simple hdr?
I use HDR10 after trying Dolby Vision.
The image is nicer for sure, but Dolby Vision doesn't have a gaming mode on this TV so the input lag is pretty significant.
It may be okay for games like Flight Simulator and maybe even Forza, but for faster games you really notice the lag :(

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
I use HDR10 after trying Dolby Vision.
The image is nicer for sure, but Dolby Vision doesn't have a gaming mode on this TV so the input lag is pretty significant.
It may be okay for games like Flight Simulator and maybe even Forza, but for faster games you really notice the lag :(

Didn't even have time to notice input lag but I'm not so sure about image being nicer.
Sometimes the colors appear washed and the whites are very bright...
And I see everyone saying it looks better, but I thought it would people with LG oled...

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Has anyone ever had their X900H flash its power light red? It did this with a black screen screen but the TV was still powered on. Turning the TV off and on again cleared it and seems to be working fine for now, but I know this could also mean something inside is failing according to what I found online.

It did this after the TV was on for 15+ hours (fell asleep with it on) played some XSX, turned off the XSX and switched to my Home screen on the TV. Then was greeted by the power light flashing red and a black screen but still powered. Like I said, turning the TV off and on again returned things to normal.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ has seemingly, inexplicably, removed 4k HDR support from their app for this TV.

what the fuck

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it has happened to all Sonys running Google TV.
I haven't updated my TV so it's still running Android.

It's affecting a variety of Sony TVs it seems

www.avforums.com

Disney Plus App no 4k or atmos content v 2.2.0-rc5

I purchased my a80J just over 2 weeks ago and was able to watch DV Disney and even after Friday’s IMAX Enhanced update I could still get DV/Atmos. However after I updated the Google TV software to the latest version on Wednesday. I noticed this morning the same issue as everyone else….HD/5.1...

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
I also tried Dolby Vision for a while but went back to HDR10. The input lag was very noticeable in at least some games, and I'm not typically bothered by such things.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading about the 23.98 but for blu rays, but I'm getting frame skips on Netflix content. Both with the built in app and when running through my Xbox. Is this the same bug or a different one?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So my TV just prompted me to download an update.

"improves ps5 performance"

Vrr included, though haven't set it up... Yet.
Not sure I should even bother tbh.
Doesn't it lower picture quality? I can live with 60fps instead of 120 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

I thought I wasn't picky and used the 120hz and VRR for a month…impressive seeing VRR on a tv BUT moving back to 60hz with local dimming and HDR was jarring, it's noticeably better PQ than the 120 mode.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Is this a new update or is your tv just very behind?

Jun 24, 2021
Since I updated my tv the subtitles on Disney+ changed and for the worse. I used to be able to change the font style from the accessibility section of my tv but now that doesn't seem to matter. I hate that the D+ app doesn't let you change fonts from the app itself and now it sucks.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
This tv is making me crazy. I'm getting frame skips in all video content I play. Internal video apps? Frame skips. Video apps through Xbox series x? Frame skips. Sometimes it's worse than others, but it will 100% happen and be noticeable at least 10 times in a 25 min tv show. This is ruining watching video for me. I'm confused why people are just saying it's "some content", I'm getting it on every single show/movie. I tried the whole motion at min/min and 1/1 and cinemotion set to auto that I saw in that YouTube video but I still get the skips. Is there any fix or idea at all? Or is my tv just screwed until Sony pushes an update and I just get lucky they fix it?

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
I just bought this tv a couple days ago and I can't seem to get an mp4 on my macbook to airplay on this tv. The airplay logo doesn't even show up (I'm using vlc). When I use Quicktime, the logo will sometimes appear, but all I can see is a black screen with audio playing in the back. It's so frustrating. I can do airplay screen mirroring but that's not very smooth and lags like hell.

HALP! Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided I will never update this stupid TV. I'm fine with rebooting it after standby every time I watch HDR content lol.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Those who have both the series x and ps5, what ports do you have them in?

I think I've got my ps5 in hdmi#4.

Is 3 (earc) fine for series x?

I won't be setting up a soundbar or anything like that.

Last edited:

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I have the 900H, and my dog ate my remote lmao. Is there a way to get an off-brand replacement? Through Sony the remote is almost $70....
Wow lol! Idk about physical replacements, however if you download the Google TV App, you can use the remote in the app if it's on your wi-fi. It's not fully featured by any means, but you can navigate it for sure.

resultant

Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Wow lol! Idk about physical replacements, however if you download the Google TV App, you can use the remote in the app if it's on your wi-fi. It's not fully featured by any means, but you can navigate it for sure.
Oh boy, I would need to be able to use the remote to turn the TV on in that case right?

The remote has changed its last channel, that's for sure. I don't even think I will be able to turn the TV on lmao.

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
There should be a hardware power button on the bottom of the TV itself, in the center. Unfortunately I don't think it can act as a navigation joystick like those on Samsung TVs, so it's literally just for powering it on/off. Still, it might get you to the next step.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Oh boy, I would need to be able to use the remote to turn the TV on in that case right?

The remote has changed its last channel, that's for sure. I don't even think I will be able to turn the TV on lmao.

There should be a hardware power button on the bottom of the TV itself, in the center. Unfortunately I don't think it can act as a navigation joystick like those on Samsung TVs, so it's literally just for powering it on/off. Still, it might get you to the next step.
Yeah under the Sony logo in the bottom center of the TV, you should be able to turn it on. From there, use the Google TV App on your phone to Pair it to the TV. Should be good to go from there.

resultant

Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
You might be able to get one from customer support. They'll probably make you pay for it but I swear I remember that being a thing.
Yeah under the Sony logo in the bottom center of the TV, you should be able to turn it on. From there, use the Google TV App on your phone to Pair it to the TV. Should be good to go from there.
This is great information, thanks!

Sony support says the TV can be paired with a universal remote so that's definitely the next step.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
This is great information, thanks!

Sony support says the TV can be paired with a universal remote so that's definitely the next step.

Yeah just get a decent universal remote. I use a Harmony 650 with mine. Don't need the original remote to set it up as you just do it via their web app with the remote hooked up to a PC via a USB cable. Just enter the model number and then set the buttons, macros etc. however you want.

kdoll08

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just get a decent universal remote. I use a Harmony 650 with mine. Don't need the original remote to set it up as you just do it via their web app with the remote hooked up to a PC via a USB cable. Just enter the model number and then set the buttons, macros etc. however you want.
I second the Harmony remotes. They are especially great if you have multiple systems or a sound bar hooked up as you can program them to start just what you need. I have used these for 15 years now because of my setup.

Stutter issue with 60hz content
Dec 7, 2017
A new serious issue with this TV:

here's a video I made to show it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_MLduNFmuQ

There's an inconstant stuttering going on when a 60hz input over hdmi is displayed.
In my case, this is the PS5 in game mode, with the motionflow disabled.

The issue came with the android 10 update.

It's not the console or the cables, everything has been tested and many people are noticing the issue.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne

There's an inconstant stuttering going on when a 60hz input over hdmi is displayed.

It's not the console or the cables, everything has been tested and many people are noticing the issue.
Is there more information on this somewhere? I feel like I am noticing it now that you've pointed it out 😬

Color111

Oct 27, 2017

I noticed this on mine as well. Seems like a rest mode issue. When I jump back into a game from rest, it stutters. After quitting the game or restarting the PS5, it fixes it for me every time.

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018

I have the same issue. It's a micro-stutter that comes up randomly but it's still quite annoying.

This TV really is the ride that never ends, huh? I will never, ever, buy a Sony TV again. Fuck them.

happydeer

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2021
Oh wow, glad I haven't updated since the local dimming bug was discovered. What a shame, probably won't buy another Sony TV.

Munroe

May 17, 2019

I must not be particularly sensitive to micro stutters as I didn't see anything wrong with that video 😅 Watched it a couple of times focusing on different areas but couldn't see any stutters. YouTube was playing at 1080/60, though on my phone so that might count for something

The only issue I have with my XH90 is I can't have atmos and 120hz, though I've not tried it since the VRR update

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
My audio over optical suddenly stopped working.

Swapped out various components to ensure it was a TV issue and it is. The red light is on in the output so it has power, but I don't get any sound.

Anyone had this happen? I've got my audio output set to PCM like it's supposed to be.