• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I read on PSNProfiles that the PS4 version is having issues with crashes and save file corruption. Might be best to hold off getting this port regardless of platform. Haven't seen anything about the Xbox or PC port but I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues there too.

Kind of happy I kept my Wii copy around.

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Take it out at the speed of sound,
Flashing lights, colours all around,
I'm getting dizzy too many lights for me,
What is the refund policy?

Not looking back,
Just giving up,
Not letting go,
I'll get that refund.

I'm gonna reach for the cart
And take it back to Walmart,
I'm gonna find my own way,
And get my money back today.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read on PSNProfiles that the PS4 version is having issues with crashes and save file corruption. Might be best to hold off getting this port regardless of platform. Haven't seen anything about the Xbox or PC port but I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues there too.
one user said they had crashes when trying to change resolution on PC, so watch out for that too

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

I believe every platform suffers from horrible audio balancing, a weirdly dark image and gameplay issues (such as enemies spawning too fast, some objects not being able to be collected, platfoms not properly despawning, path swappers/loops not working as intended, being able to easily clip out-of-bounds, 3D-in-2D, et al).

But, as you say, the PS version appears to suffer from save corruption issues as well.

And... well, the Switch version... I needn't say much more.

I'd wager they should've spent more time fixing their shoddy remaster (as it changed engines) of the game as opposed to focusing on introducing crap nobody wanted (nor that the game needed) like another wisp, the Tails assist or the costumes. Clearly SEGA didn't give the devs at Blind Squirrel enough time (and they weren't equppiped to do a Switch port); and what time they were given was effectively diluted wth the focus on meaningless "improvements".

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Not looking back,
Just giving up,
Not letting go,
I'll get that refund.

<3

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah realtalk i'm kinda worried that this stuff is getting passed around all Funny Sonic Meme with little seizure warning.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Not looking back,
Just giving up,
Not letting go,
I'll get that refund.

We have a winner!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They really just shat this one out huh? I'm kind of amazed that this got past certification.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's some genuinely psychedelic shit sometimes. The clip of sonic flashing rainbow before turning into a fish is a straight acid trip

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Taking the game's title way too literally.

It's a shame though, I was looking forward to this on PS5, but no way I'll be buying it any time soon if they don't fix it.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Is the physical version already printed? Hopefully it can be fixed before those go out.

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing that Sega managed to go back and remaster a Sonic game they didn't fuck up and somehow fuck it up now.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Smash sorta predicted this

4uuZZ5OBukvZgAVll83aw4RfDEREt_bdWbQNfm3ZBHU.gif

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
That's a shame, I adore Colours but I guess I'll just stick to the Wii version for now.

Somehow Sega has managed to screw up even their good sonic games.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic never has a break, does he? Sonic Team must hate the poor hedgehog.

SkekesisVR

Jan 2, 2018
It seems like these graphical glitches aren't 100% reproducible for everyone at least. I've not had any graphical glitches or glitches at all besides the image being overall too dark

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know, but the loading screen here just screams 'aesthetic' to me and I fuck with it big time.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I was actually looking forward to trying this out from the praise the original got… hard pass.

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
Only watched the first video, but if you had told me that's what a recently released Sonic game was supposed to look like I would've believed you

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty wonky on other systems too. Ive been seeing PS4 players reporting constant crashing, and a small amount who've been experiencing the game disappearing after a crash.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
People paid to play this game early, so I'm hoping there's a launch update that addresses this stuff even though that's not an excuse for asking people to pay for early access to a game that is buggy like this.

I hope they don't fuck up Monkey Ball, which also has a similar early access tier for $10 more.