• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
My direct order from a bit ago still doesn't say anything about shipping. I'm going to be pissed if my CC blocking the transaction at first screwed me over.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Just got a text from FedEx- my PS5 ordered from PS Direct is coming tomorrow!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Same here! Sony Direct is legit! Not even an hour and it's already preparing to ship. I'm gonna be ecstatic if it gets here even by Monday.

Excuse you, Sony?!

Sony, I ordered mine the other day, what the hell?! :(

Edit: oh, it's PREPARING to ship. Well, I have that status too then. It hasn't given me a shipping confirmation yet tho.

beclause

Oct 28, 2017
I was so close with Sony Direct. Had the DE in cart. CC was added but at the last step it said the CC information was incorrect. I started fumbling with the billing address and reentering the CC details not realizing that it was Bank of America that failed me 😭. Bofa put a hold on my card because it thought it was a fraudulent transcation!

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I got the December date from my own order at checkout and I was the 2nd wave today
I know people were saying the 23rd for the first wave yesterday

you might get earlier though, if we've learned anything it's that deliveries during Covid don't always show up on time.

I am fucking stupid. Oh well. Of course there's no way to get in touch with support either. I have no idea what I was thinking, I figured once you cancelled one you could order another. I didn't realize you were banned from ever buying another.
F

don't beat yourself up too bad.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I wanna be done with this bs so bad, might just take the hit and buy from a scalper just to get it out of my mind

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't do that unfortunately. While working today, I just had my screen split in between the Sony Direct page and my code editor and I would occasionally glance over to it.

Once I saw the "Add to Cart" button, I immediately jumped and got through checkout easy. Even had enough time to enter in my card information and separate billing address.
I used Distill. I created a job for every retailer page, including Playstation Direct.

Oct 31, 2017
LMFAO I just called a local Target and one of the very first things the IVR robot voice says is something to the effect of "Due to high demand in products, we aren't disclosing in store inventory counts over the phone".

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I was so close with Sony Direct. Had the DE in cart. CC was added but at the last step it said the CC information was incorrect. I started fumbling with the billing address and reentering the CC details not realizing that it was Bank of America that failed me 😭. Bofa put a hold on my card because it thought it was a fraudulent transcation!
I don't know what tf is going on with BofA, but nearly every transaction I've made in the past few days gets flagged as irregular activity and I end up having to call them to lift the hold on my account. I missed out last night with Target, but part of me thinks I'd have probably gotten flagged after checkout and I would've missed out anyway. Makes me feel a little better about not getting through, lol

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
I wanna be done with this bs so bad, might just take the hit and buy from a scalper just to get it out of my mind

Just wait for PlayStation Direct tomorrow. It was such a straightforward process. Just make sure you're signed in and on the product page. And if you already have your CC info saved then that's even better. Keep refreshing and keep checking back here and I'm sure you'll be able to snag one.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Capital One called me to let me know they saved me from my fraudulent PS5 purchase via PS Direct! GREAT! WONDERFUL!

I am going to try again for Wal-Mart since I got through to the last part of checkout this morning.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
What can I do about that since I'm not home

It says "FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present." Doesn't just have to be you receiving it.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It says "FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present." Doesn't just have to be you receiving it.
How do I get a fedex door tag

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine just changed over to Preparing to Ship as well in the last five minutes.
I selected express delivery though. Perhaps this fellow didn't?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
My PS Direct order is already at "Preparing to Ship"

I'm hoping I get this thing tomorrow lol

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was on the site by 8 AM CST auto-refreshing. lol
Just to make sure I'm fully prepped for PS Direct tomorrow: I have my CC and shipping info saved and ready to go. Basically, I wait for the wario tweet then refresh the page (https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation5-console.3005816) and then add to cart and try to complete the order as quickly as possible?

where do you add your CC info? i see "you have no saved payments" but no way to add one