• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone preorder (xbox series x) from the MS store around the november 9 dump? Just curious if anyone has moved from "pending" from that batch.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Sigh... am I really going to waste my Saturday afternoon on a wild goose chase at my nearest Walmarts?

The worst part is I already know the answer to this.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I went to the one on Overland. It's a 1 minute drive from my house. In retrospect, I think the Chinden one would have been better because the electronics section is right next to one of the entrances, so there wouldn't have been a crazy 100 yard dash to get there.
I wonder how the one on Federal Way fared. I've always had really good luck with that one when searching for hard to find electronics.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up my PS5 from Best Buy just fine. Today was the day it said it'd be ready and when I woke up had an email that it was, no issue. While some stores might be experiencing delays I think most people who got orders in will be able to get theirs just fine and that concerns are being overblown. Now if I can just find the media remote and charging station...

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm puzzled as to why if Walmart has the units in store already for in-store pickup, why we have to wait days for them -.-

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Does anyone have a rough estimate when the supply of consoles will start to catch up with the demand? I'm thinking maybe February best case scenario.

Me too. :(

This really sucks. So disappointing. The common folk really got screwed this launch.
I feel your pain dude. if I'm able to grab a console or two in the next few days, I'll hook you up with one. No guarantee though

Kenichiwak

Oct 27, 2017
Placed an order for series x at bestbuy this morning for instore pick up. Got an email a couple hours later says item is not out of stock. Does this mean next time they have the item in stock my order will get fulfilled or will I need to place another order once it comes back in stock?

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I wonder what the timeframe is on pickups from Walmart? I'm thinking maybe there is a chance to grab a PS 5 somebody ordered but missed their pickup window?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Oh sorry, false alarm. I was only able to do it because they just cancelled my original pre-order from 9/16. It says (single Restricted) so I assume it's just an order reserved for me.
Son of a gun. I wish they did this for my PS5 at Target. They sent me an email requesting updated card information and I overlooked it, so they just canceled it.

My Walmart quest was fruitless, sadly. They had display models at the two I went to so I at least got to see one in person. Progress?

gengar99

Nov 16, 2020
Best buy order for my xbox series X and S are ready for pickup a day early! Finally got the last of my Christmas presents I needed!

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bout to make that extra Christmas $$$ fam.
Hope you get stuck with it.

Still can't believe I literally just went to walmart to get some food and they had ps5's...wild
Incredible, congrats. I could never ever get this lucky. I went to Walmart yesterday at 5am and they said the only stock they had were reserved for people who ordered online already. This launch is such a mess. Random stores just doing whatever...

I don't think I'll ever forgive Walmart for completely fucking up the preorder situation when they went live a day in advance and caused every other store to scramble before I even understood what was going on. According to Sony's presentation I had another day before preorders started. Walmart really caught me with my pants down.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
With as many people having received best buy cancellations, I'm holding out hope mine is legitimately just "delayed" but fuck I wish it weren't. I'm so so so tired of the anxiety.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Same. Just tried in South Bay LA area. They laughed at me.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
My Best Buy order is still preparing for pick up for today. I'm ok if it is delayed, but I haven't received any updates from them yet.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Asked this in another thread but Discover is doing 5% cash back on Amazon/BB purchases.

Could I buy 3 $100 GC's at Microsoft for $270 and then use them to buy the Series S from Microsoft and then when the bill is posted to my Discover, activate the 5% cash back on the $270 purchase to pay $256.50 for the console?

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Placed an order for series x at bestbuy this morning for instore pick up. Got an email a couple hours later says item is not out of stock. Does this mean next time they have the item in stock my order will get fulfilled or will I need to place another order once it comes back in stock?

Darn that blows. What tine did you preorder?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got an update on my Gamestop bundle. It somehow traveled from Kentucky in gamestop's warehouse went the complete opposite way from me in PA to Texas and is now sitting in a FedEx facility in Texas with a delivery date of Thursday.... what the hell.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
My XSX best buy order for today is STILL on preparing for pickup for today, not that it matters since i wont be able to pick it up anymore today.

Just put me out of my misery.