Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Target created a big banner now for the new consoles that says "We always take care. Orders are for drive up only". They're making it clear that they're no longer doing directly sales.
This is pretty awesome if they stick to it.
wait. if stores are showing in stock can i just go to my store right now and buy one? If its in stock dont they have to sell it to me?
Lol they are under no such obligation. They are likely sitting on that stock until Black Friday.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Target created a big banner now for the new consoles that says "We always take care. Orders are for drive up only". They're making it clear that they're no longer doing directly sales.
Dumb, what's the difference between getting a game in store vs a console? The bots just buy the online stock, this is terrible IMO

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I keep checking my local Targets for stock and getting zeros for miles. If they gonna have stock for Friday, I have to hope they are going to get their delivery sometime today.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh we can pick it up tomororw then? I'll give it a try

It depends on a few factors

1. How long does your order take to process/be ready
  2. How late does your walmart close
  3. Do they do Curbside that late
  4. Are you allowing in-store pick-up if curbside isn't happening
  5. Are they open thanksgiving

It's likely going to be ready as early as friday. But that seems... scary to say the least

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Wal-Mart clarifies (officially, not just a chat with a random support rep) whether those are online shippable orders or if they're locking it down to in-store pickup only.

Hopefully if you select in-store specifically your chances will be better. All of the stores in my area are showing stock. This is looking like the best option right now, assuming the website even works tomorrow night.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's safe today at nothing's happening today. Today and tomorrow are gonna be long days.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's safe today at nothing's happening today. Today and tomorrow are gonna be long days.

Yeup. Rest up but be vigilante. Don't expect anything from Walmart at all. You might want to try staying up for Target incase they drop after midnight.

Other than that, hopes for TODAY are

• Some random ass place
  • Gamestop does another (LOL LAST MINUTE BUNDLE FUN!)
  • Bestbuy drops more stock
  • Direct goes up
  • Random Amazon stock

Nothing is confirmed or set at all today and I suspect a lot of places are going live tomorrow or even throughout the night (after 12AM). Definitely Friday.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, what's the best way to get stock updates from select sites like PS Direct, Walmart and Amazon?

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, what's the best way to get stock updates from select sites like PS Direct, Walmart and Amazon?

Follow key twitter people. Wario64 is a good start.

Direct is fairly random. You'll have about 20-30 minutes to join a queue, so as long as you're checking up often(ish) you're fine.

No point in doing walmart. Brickseek shows every store has 6+ units but it's all for Wednesday at 9PMEST

and there's no way of knowing Amazon until that happens

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if anybody else has posted this yet, but a label was created for my GameStop order from yesterday.

Says delivery is expected 12/01.

Haven't received an email from FedEx or GameStop regarding this. Just kind of checked my account on FedEx and saw "Gamestop.Com" under the "My Shipments" section. Looks like it's coming from Texas.

beanybody

Oct 29, 2017

tenor.gif

Jun 10, 2018
I really hope Wal-Mart clarifies (officially, not just a chat with a random support rep) whether those are online shippable orders or if they're locking it down to in-store pickup only.

Hopefully if you select in-store specifically your chances will be better. All of the stores in my area are showing stock. This is looking like the best option right now, assuming the website even works tomorrow night.
Someone asked if the online only is for in-store pickup and they said online only (kind of confusing as it's not a complete definitive statement). So still don't have a complete confirmation whether it's delivery only or in-store pickup.

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Someone asked if the online only is for in-store pickup and they said online only (kind of confusing as it's not a complete definitive statement). So still don't have a complete confirmation whether it's delivery only or in-store pickup.

this says nothing about ordering online and picking up in store.

I think the person tweeting read that "in store pick up" as going into a store and buying, not online order then picking up.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, seems like it might be a YMMV thing because their official policy in their FAQs says bundle returns are an all-or-nothing affair. I'll certainly try to return my stuff so I can just get my cash back but if not I was planning on hitting up Target and Walmart for store credit.

Ah this is pretty smart if gamestop fails on this. At least I can get some groceries from target.

Same time though I actually kind of want all the stuff but I'm not sure about nba 2k21, I don't really need a second controller, or the media remote, but they are nice to have. $45 for 1 year of ps plus isn't bad and I can't return that so that's cool.

2k21 looks great graphically though and is supposed to have one of the best dualsense implementations. Thing is though that game is gonna be like $30 in 2 mos so I'll take $70 back I guess right now.

I'm also completely unsure of if I want my PS5 on my upstairs TCL since I just sold my one x which was the BR machine up there. So PS5 upstairs and SX downstairs but I think I kinda need the ps5 on the oled.

My wife would kill me though if I kept the one x having a series x and ps5 now so...

That said we'll see if they even end up shipping my order.

Last edited:

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Follow key twitter people. Wario64 is a good start.

Direct is fairly random. You'll have about 20-30 minutes to join a queue, so as long as you're checking up often(ish) you're fine.

No point in doing walmart. Brickseek shows every store has 6+ units but it's all for Wednesday at 9PMEST

and there's no way of knowing Amazon until that happens

Thanks a lot. So we should pay attention to sites like Amazon on Wednesday at that time then?