• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Since this is a compatibility thread, I was wondering, does anyone know if the PS5 and WH-1000XM4 headphones are compatible?

Wirelessly? No. (I mean, you could connect them via Bluetooth to your TV if it supports it but you won't get 3D audio).

If you want to get 3D Tempest audio out of them, you'll have to plug the 3. 5mm cable to the controller. I have the WH-1000XM3s and they work great that way.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just installed Genshin and did a check for update and it says I'm on 1.02. Is this really the latest with 60 fps, cuz reading around that is 1.1 but my PS5 isn't finding it.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if I am asking something that this thread has already clarified... but is there much likelihood of major games that have a locked 30ps fidelity mode on PS4 Pro getting 60fps patches on PS5?

FF15, God Of War and FF7 remake are ones I am most interested in.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if I am asking something that this thread has already clarified... but is there much likelihood of major games that have a locked 30ps fidelity mode on PS4 Pro getting 60fps patches on PS5?

I wouldnt hope for them tbh, if something god of war didnt have a framerate toggle for the fidelity mode in time for launch, a 1st party flagship game, I wouldn't wait to play it.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
I just installed Genshin and did a check for update and it says I'm on 1.02. Is this really the latest with 60 fps, cuz reading around that is 1.1 but my PS5 isn't finding it.
That's odd, My main menu on PS5 is showing the 1.1.0 bottom left. The version is showing as 1.02 in the information tab though. I'm guessing you're good as long as the bottom left of the main menu is correct.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

FFXV and God of War are both 60fps now on ps5. XV has to be set to lite or performance mode, God of War is automatic i think. VIIR has no changes aside from minor resolution enhancements at moments until it gets a patch.

So out of the 3, XV and GoW have 60., VIIR does not until they patch or sell us another version for ps5.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV and God of War are both 60fps now on ps5. XV has to be set to lite or performance mode, God of War is automatic i think. VIIR has no changes aside from minor resolution enhancements at moments until it gets a patch.

So out of the 3, XV and GoW have 60., VIIR does not until they patch or sell us another version for ps5.
Unfortunately, that's not the case with God of War.

It has 2 possible output options:

1080p at 60 fps
2160p at 30 fps

You must have been playing on Favor Framerate, but switch to Favor Resolution and you'll see the jump.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
ah for sure, my mistake. At least it does have it though,

God of Wars, Days Gone, Tsushimas, XVs, Kingdom Hearts 3s, Knacks, etc, each have great 60fps now :D

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's odd, My main menu on PS5 is showing the 1.1.0 bottom left. The version is showing as 1.02 in the information tab though. I'm guessing you're good as long as the bottom left of the main menu is correct.
Ah, I didn't look at the info on the login screen, it does say 1.1. Guess they botched the meta data or something.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Any improvements to Avengers on PS4 in terms or resolution and framerate? How does it compare to the Xbox Series X (backwards compatibility) version?

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Howdy! Sorry for the short hiatus, my day job interfered. I've now made some more changes to the OP to hopefully improve clarity, especially for mobile users.

I've also added 31 new titles to the list: Amnesia Collection, Ape Escape 2, Batman: Arkham Knight, Borderlands GOTY, Close to the Sun, Contrast, Diablo III, Disaster Report 4, Dreams, Ether One, Everybody's Golf, Ghostbusters Remastered, Kamen Rider: Memory of Heroez, Kingdom Hearts III, Kona, Observer, The Occupation, The Park, Predator: Hunting Ground, Resident Evil 2, RiME, Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War, Skater XL, Submerged, Titan Quest, Toren, Uncharted 4, The Walking Dead, Wolfenstein II, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

Up next: more games! I'll start working through the backlog of posts and see what everyone has found. Thanks for all the help, and I'd greatly appreciate any videos or screenshots you can continue to share. Have a great one!

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Tried Bloodstained in that section with the giant coins. The boss is dead so I can't test if he the issue, but it was running flawless there. Can't measure the framerate but not a drop I can see.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Any improvements to Avengers on PS4 in terms or resolution and framerate? How does it compare to the Xbox Series X (backwards compatibility) version?
from what little I saw while watching my brother play, performance mode seems to actually run 60 now. Not a clue how it compares to X. There is a next gen console patch that's supposed to coming regardless though iirc.

Southport

Nov 1, 2017
I'm a bit concerned that when my PS5 turns up I'll be using it more to check games rather than play them...

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Has anyone tried running Wreckfest on PS5. The awfully long loading times made me stop playing the game, so Im hoping they are much better on PS5.

asd202

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone test Trails of cold steel games? It says that they have unlocled framerates

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if Rise of Tomb Raider is capped at 30 on ps4?
C'mon at least try checking the OP

riseofthetombraidelkjof.png

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Sorry if it's already been answered. How about GT Sport on PS5? Any improvement?
Some faster loadings but that's it. The game had pretty solid framerate and non-dynamic resolution, so it's essentially unchanged.
www.gtplanet.net

How Does Gran Turismo Sport Play on PlayStation 5 Hardware?

For players in seven countries -- the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Japan -- the age of the PlayStation 5 is upon us. Sony's new generation console officially launched on November 12, and among GTPlanet's users there is only one question right now: how does GT Sport p

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Genshin Impact is def hitting 60 FPS max, I do occasionally notice a glitch/frame drop once in a while

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
There a thread for games with problems? The surge has graphical errors all over.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone tried Code Vein? The frame rate was pretty choppy after the last couple of updates. Texture pop-in was worse too.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I played a little DW8 earlier. I did one of the challenge modes and it seemed fine to me. Definitely smoother than PS4 to me.

Do me a solid, go to the battle of chi bi on coop and stand in the fire attack. tell me if the frame-rate is solid. that game goes to the single digits on ps4 coop.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice! Thanks for checking. I've been wanting to replay it for ages.

Was hoping it'd be 60fps. Bugger!
Why would it be? It's capped at 30fps and hasn't been PS5 enhanced.

deusexmankinddividedhvp2c.png

www.resetera.com

All games with PS4 Pro enhancements

INTRODUCTION This is a visual guide to all PS4 Pro games enhanced over standard PS4. After this introduction, the first list (spread across three posts) is games which have been programmed specifically to take advantage of the new hardware, at release or afterward by patching. The next post...

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Why would it be? It's capped at 30fps and hasn't been PS5 enhanced.

deusexmankinddividedhvp2c.png

www.resetera.com

All games with PS4 Pro enhancements

INTRODUCTION This is a visual guide to all PS4 Pro games enhanced over standard PS4. After this introduction, the first list (spread across three posts) is games which have been programmed specifically to take advantage of the new hardware, at release or afterward by patching. The next post...
Didn't know.

Gamerasi

Sep 30, 2019
Saint of Killers tried out Xcom 2 this morning and happy to report it's nearly perfect now. No more constant lagging and fps drops. I can't tell if it's 30 or 60fps, but that's a testimont to how good it feels.

Loading into a match / returning to base takes 8-10 seconds, most of the time you can load in before the captain is finished briefing you on the objectives.

I copped the DLC and loving it!
I'm glad to hear that. It was a game I thought of playing on Ps5 due to the loading times.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
What is the generally preferred performance setting people use for God of War 2018? I'm playing it for the first time on PS5. I know the OP says 2160c mode should be locked 30 but it doesn't look or feel like it's locked to me. Did most people play it on performance mode?

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
I wonder if we are going to see developers update their games over the next few months.

Would love to play Resogun and Nex Machina at 4K/120fps.

Would also love to reply U4 and Lost Legacy at 4K/60fps

Status
Not open for further replies.