Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Man, PS5 is huge, But its Ok, Both will fit into my setup.

And PS5 packaging is so ugly and embracing. Looks like MC take out.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Behind the current PS4 pro it's all open. I cut the cardboard behind and it's about 30cm from the wall. Air can circulate
That the behind is open doesn't really matter though. The series X (30.1cm) is as tall as the PS4 pro (29.5cm), intakes from the bottom and rear vents and exhausts on the top vents. I reckon to give both the intake and exhaust any kind of space you'll probably get only about 2-3cm or 1" on each side. That's preetty limited imo.

Unless you put it with the top/bottom vents facing forward :P

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
The design of the Xbosx looks like a trash can under my desk in my office or just a standard subwoofer in random home. PS5 on the other hand, looks like a from outer space, futuristic and classy. The posture has no big meaning, but this is how I feel when I look at the pictures.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I think both of these dumbass things look cool. I really appreciate both designs; much prefer weird shit over the usual VCR look. My only complain is the Series X seems very fingerprint-y, but I'm just going to be really careful taking mine out of the box and setting it up and then I'll never touch the thing again :P

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Versus the Original Xbox and Original Xbox One.
Consoles everyone says are too big......but the PS5 is just the right size.
Come on guys.

ElWKAQKWMAEl2Go

ElWKAPuWMAItH4V

ElWKAPxWoAEwgVF

ElWKRFpXEAU_vx4

ElWLDndW0AIVLAA

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The design of the Xbosx looks like a trash can under my desk in my office or just a standard subwoofer in random home. PS5 on the other hand, looks like a from outer space, futuristic and classy. The posture has no big meaning, but this is how I feel when I look at the pictures.

Classy is not the word I'd use to describe the PS5's design lol. Technological, futuristic and eye catching perhaps, but not exactly classy, not with this two tone colour scheme anyway.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can get more clsssy than a simple minimalist black box. The PS5 looks like a child's toy more than anything. Lol. To be fair, I guess gaming kinda is. Expensive tech toys.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
i think people are saying they'd rather have it be bigger than the extremely loud ps4 noise, i had to trade in my ps4 pro for a newer one cause the noise was too insane, it was nextlevel loud.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Look I think they should've gone with a smaller design and something that doesn't require a stand, though that means it'll probably be louder and more expensive to make, and since people REALLY didn't like how loud the PS4s got, this is the result.

But people complaining about needing "tools" to put the stand on the PS5 will never stop being funny.
You need a flathead screwdriver or a coin. I don't know what a person is doing buying a $500 console when they don't have access to either.

I'm not complaining necessarily, I'm just kind of floored that they thought this was a good design. The average consumer may have trouble installing the SSD, especially younger kids and non tech savvy adults. Flipping the stand is definitely easier than the SSD, but the idea that people will need an instruction manual to go from vertical to horizontal is just kind of mind boggling especially when you look at the PlayStation past designs.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm absolutely torn on the design. Before we saw the physical units in real life environments I always thought the Digital looked best. Now that we've seen them, I think the Disc version looks best. The digital looks too thin and it does really look like a giant router.

I think I'm gonna go with the Disc version in the end, it may be a good idea at least so I can get discounted games down the line, even though I was 90% digital throughout the PS4.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not complaining necessarily, I'm just kind of floored that they thought this was a good design. The average consumer may have trouble installing the SSD, especially younger kids and non tech savvy adults. Flipping the stand is definitely easier than the SSD, but the idea that people will need an instruction manual to go from vertical to horizontal is just kind of mind boggling especially when you look at the PlayStation past designs.
It really doesn't matter, most people will put it horizontally and call it a day as that's how it fits in most people's set ups. The average consumer is not upgrading the storage at all, and this solution is significantly preferable to all alternatives.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the XBOX HUEG meme has been officially supplanted

Man Japan is gonna hate this thing lmao

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Ps4 is one of my favorite designs and ps5 is my least favorite. The size isn't the problem it's the fact that the design needs a stand is the real problem.

It's too whimsical while it should be more minimalism.

DrButz

Banned
Oct 27, 2020
PS5 is going to cost so much (more) to ship and warehouse. I expect a redesign faster than any previous Playstation. Like 12 months.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thats what i mean with the sides. Dont think its that different. Guess it was abit of cost saving that helped the overall price.
Oh, right. Well, I just see that as a nice step up. All of that is recyclable, where the stuff used for the X isn't. Just curious why they didn't do the same thing. Maybe they couldn't ensure the X's safety, given it's weight with just cardboard?