$299 Xbox S 4TF
$399 Ps5 9TF
$499 Xbox X 12TF
$599 Ps5 14TF

Effectively sandwiching each other in price brackets and power

Edit: and which one/s would you buy

TLT GAMING

Apr 9, 2018
Now hold on, people in this thread have problems believing information from insiders with actual proven track records but sharing information from Misterxmedia like console warriors on Twitter is free real estate? Thanks for clearing that up, Era!

I wasn't trying to stir anything up and I honestly don't know who is a fanboy on Twitter.
I'm just glad it isn't true.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So how would people feel if there was actually 2 consoles for each launching at

$299 Xbox S 4TF
$399 Ps5 9TF
$499 Xbox X 12TF
$599 Ps5 14TF

Edit: and which one/s would you buy
That would be great. Options are always good! And I know a person that would extremely happy about this which is AegonSnake and his #team14TF.

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm? How's that related?

This is just an example I'm giving, if people take the Github leaks as first hand data then okay, we we'll go by that until Sony release specs, but we've had confirmation multiple times of RT for PS5 but people want to flat out deny it.

its relatable because "GitHub is 1st hand data from AMD so we can only go by this" but when PS5 has been confirmed to have RT, its a lie.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
So how would people feel if there was actually 2 consoles for each launching at

$299 Xbox S 4TF
$399 Ps5 9TF
$499 Xbox X 12TF
$599 Ps5 14TF

That doesn't seem like an especially dramatic difference between the two PS4s for $200.

Lockhart makes sense, because Microsoft is targeting the 1080p/family/Minecraft set with it. It's the new Xbox One S. I don't think a 9TF and a 14TF PS4 make sense. Further, I think in that situation many people would associate the lower-tier PS with the lower-tier Xbox and the higher-tier PS with the higher-tier Xbox, and they'd just be seen as "$100 more," despite the lower-tier PS in that example being closer to the higher-tier Xbox in performance.

Despite the assertion of some in this thread, more choices are not always better, if they lead to market confusion.

褲蓋Calo

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 1, 2020
Shenzhen, China
This is just an example I'm giving, if people take the Github leaks as first hand data then okay, we we'll go by that until Sony release specs, but we've had confirmation multiple times of RT for PS5 but people want to flat out deny it.

its relatable because "GitHub is 1st hand data from AMD so we can only go by this" but when PS5 has been confirmed to have RT, its a lie.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta

People are saying the PS5 won't have RT?

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
cant believe my rtx 2080 will be schooled by the consoles ;(.. guess i gotta get the 3080, then upgrade again when the pro consoles come out.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

New PS5 Leaks.
  • reveal will be on March 3rd, 2020 with an online event.
  • will release November 20, 2020 for $449.
  • launch titles include a new Killzone, Ghost of Tsushima, Gran Turismo 7, And 2 more new IPs.
  • DS5 will have type-c charging, a bigger battery
  • the ui will be a mix between the xmb and the ps4 ui.
  • backwards compatibility with ps4 and later down the line with ps3,2,1. They still have to work on that a bit more which is why it'll take some time.
  • cross buy will be a feature.
  • better social features.
  • the design won't be anything fancy because Sony wants to focus on a better cooling system.
  • Sony still has many surprises left that they're keeping very close to the chest. Which they will reveal on Monday.

Now Reddit joining the fun.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
people still clinging to March 3rd even though they gave no notice yet?

even SoPs are at least I think 2 days or more in advance

I have reasons for not participating.

But it's all in good fun. I legitimately do like your avatar. I wasn't trying to make a DOUG, I mean dig at you. 😜
lol okay fine

I might as well get used to the Doug puns since I am going to be wearing this for a long time

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt Sony has nailed down final PS5 pricing, especially after the recent Bloomberg report.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
nobody says that anymore after the clarification in the second wired article. I have no idea why this even came up.
Edit:
Sony also confirmed it already on slides.
If you really care, there was SenjutsuSage, JackAL, and some other banned account that were pushing the no-RT FUD, after the second Wired article.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
How many consumer electronics products over ~$400 or so launch at a price that ends in "$-49?

Also, Killzone is pretty much dead, and I wouldn't expect GT7 to be ready as a launch title. And just saying "two more new IPs"? Aren't leaks supposed to, you know, provide information as to what those are?

Likewise, "the UI is a mix of XMB and the PS4 UI" is similarly vague, and it sort of reads like PS fan wishcasting rather than a leak.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Where are they? Banned I suppose.
Yeah, they're all banned. So ultimately it doesn't matter - and I certainly don't care - that there were a few accounts pushing nonsense in bad faith.

But I just wanted to give you a direct answer to your Q. An overwhelming majority agrees there is some level of HW RT in PS5.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, they're all banned. So ultimately it doesn't matter - and I certainly don't care - that there were a few accounts pushing nonsense in bad faith.

But I just wanted to give you a direct answer to your Q. An overwhelming majority agrees there is some level of HW RT in PS5.
RT is officially announced, there is no option for disagreeing anymore if you ask me.

But let's change topic.

About PS5 BC.

It just came into my mind that every PS4 game will run much better on the PS5. I mean really much better!

Because for PS4 for instance 800 Mhz RDNA is so much better in efficiency than the GCN Version that was in the PS4.

For PS4 Pro the same is the case but the performance increase will not be as big due to the GPU already was based on Polaris/Vega.

Don't think about CPU and SSD which will be magnitudes better

I think that is super good news, isn't it?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
RT is officially announced, there is no option for disagreeing anymore if you ask me.

But let's change topic.

About PS5 BC.

It just came into my mind that every PS4 game will run much better on the PS5. I mean really much better!

Because for PS4 for instance 800 Mhz RDNA is so much better in efficiency than the GCN Version that was in the PS4.

For PS4 Pro the same is the case but the performance increase will not be as big due to the GPU already was based on Polaris/Vega.

We've already seen how it could improve PS4 games with the Spider-Man SSD demo. We can expect that kind of improvement on some PS4 games for sure.

Although the max-speed in Spider-Man is probably something that won't change without a patch.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We've already seen how it could improve PS4 games with the Spider-Man SSD demo. We can expect that kind of improvement on some PS4 games for sure.

Although the max-speed in Spider-Man is probably something that won't change without a patch.
Yeah but I talk about unpatched games. Future PS5 owners should be excited about this. Especially for those games that got a PS4 Pro patch and have dynamic resolution!

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017

But let's change topic.

About PS5 BC.

Yeah, big time. Boost mode should be nice, even if PS5 has to deactivate some CUs.

My specific hope is that the CPU advantage allows Bloodborne to finally run at a perfect 30 FPS without its horrible frame pacing issues.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, big time. Boost mode should be nice, even if PS5 has to deactivate some CUs.

My specific hope is that the CPU advantage allows Bloodborne to finally run at a perfect 30 FPS without its horrible frame pacing issues.
You surely have seen the DF viceos and the tests they made to simulate the performance of games under NAVI. That performance increase alone at the same frequency should be about 40-50% for PS4 games iirc. That is a huge boost!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

But let's change topic.

About PS5 BC.

Kiind of exciting, but on the other hand, there aren't many games that are dynamic res that often go under on PS4, and there aren't really that many games that are unlocked framerate, so I just don't see there being a big difference.

Loading will probably be a decent bit better, so that's cool.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017

But let's change topic.

About PS5 BC.

Yes. And for that reason I've put off / stopped playing some PS4 games that aren't looking or running too hot on this old hardware. I think I'd just rather wait for a better overall experience. Division 2 is my main game right now and the loadtimes and streaming issues are so obnoxious that I'm constantly thinking how much better it will be on next gen systems. Next gen will bring so many incredible improvements, but even if the damn loadtimes and streaming assets were the only change it'd still be so good, total QoL upgrade. Because right now this stuff kinda sucks.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Kiind of exciting, but on the other hand, there aren't many games that are dynamic res that often go under on PS4, and there aren't really that many games that are unlocked framerate, so I just don't see there being a big difference.

Loading will probably be a decent bit better, so that's cool.
A stable locked target frame rate is not too shabby too, imo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.