• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
I can already tell in advance that you're one of the people who will struggle more if the PS5 spec's don't line up in the same way.

While I was only theorising of course, saying "our specs will be the highest this winter" is absolutely making a statement that some lawyer somewhere would try and claim is based off having access to sensitive information - because otherwise, how would you know?

Minecraft is one of the biggest games on PlayStation. That's why I would theorise that Microsoft have access to a dev-kit already. How on earth do you qualify your statement? And what's that got to do with whether there'd be an NDA around it or not?
It's funny you bring up Minecraft, because Phil Spencer explicitly stated that the Minecraft team didn't have access to PS5 dev kits.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
How about folks don't tag me for my take if they don't know or understand the entire reason I held a differing view?
Well mate make the understanding clear then.

Phantom pain for example feels much better at 30. At 60 or higher it feels as though you are skating on ice. The controls feel far too loose.

The movement also looks really artificial.

You know I have that on PC but played it on PS4. I will have to try to play them side by side.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As a PlayStation fan these specs makes me giddy about next gen. Hopefully the PS5 specs are similar.

Question to XBox fans here, honestly if Sony tomorrow announced that the PS5 is a 13TF machine with little bit better specs than Series X would even be bothered?

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When this thread jumped five pages in an hour, I thought something unexpected happened. 12 RDNA TFlops was pretty much a given when we knew the XSX has a >400 mm^2 die

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
XSX sounds like an instant buy from me. Love that they are going after input lag which is a real sore spot for the Xbox One. I think the Quality of life improvements coupled with the badass CPU/GPU/SSD/RT Cores/gamestack/etc are going to produce surprising results. Maybe that Hellblade 2 trailer won't be too far off from real game fidelity. Gears 6 might make me crap my pants.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to have 12TF and RDNA2 confirmed, but we basically already knew that aside from people being nutty with trying to claim it was GCN converted flops. It would be nicer to have actual clock speeds, RAM bandwidth, and CU count.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
You know I have that on PC but played it on PS4. I will have to try to play them side by side.

The PS4 version already is a locked 60, which was one of the best parts of the game. Just ignore him - it's like arguing with someone claiming that the proper way to play SFII is with a SNES controller because the buttons are closer together, and totally not at all because they personally grew up playing it on a SNES.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
That's interesting - do you have a source?
I did literally quantify my thinking twice in that post alone with the fact it was a theory.

Mark Cerny could fart and it'd be met with echoes of "ermagerd klee delivered".
It's from an interview he gave PC Games Hardware last year.

Also, maybe chill with the console warrior stuff :)

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes thank you Microsoft for dropping the specs. Now we can finally split the thread. Since the Xbox has an official reveal. 🙏

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sticking with my original prediction.

Xbox Series X - Better but more expensive
PS5 - Weaker and less expensive.
I really don't think Sony gonna go past $399 for launch pricing.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Wait wasn't the one Xbox insider saying it was definitely RDNA1. So I guess we can ignore his stuff now.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It's nice to have 12TF and RDNA2 confirmed, but we basically already knew that aside from people being nutty with trying to claim it was GCN converted flops. It would be nicer to have actual clock speeds, RAM bandwidth, and CU count.

"Nutty" ah, so I guess I was nutty for speculating in a speculation thread on what was previously quite vague. FOH with this BS.

MonsterMech

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft seems really confident about their hardware and the Xbox division as a whole.

Exciting times.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Let's see if Lockhart is still at 4TF.

zPEsFnG.png
Yea...I'm waiting for Lockhart and xCloud news...more interested in xCloud than anything.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Colbert gave me the recipe I just added Oreos to make the crust and mix into the Cheesecake Mixture.
Oreo Crust: 24 oreos, leave the cream inside so you don't have to use sugar. Mash until very fine, add 200g melted butter to the fine crushed oreos and then line up your 9inch sponge pan with it. Or whatever pan you are using. I found using my hands helped to spread out the crust and make the sides.
Thanks!

Can you share (through dm) the main recipe too? Thanks a lot anyway!

Apr 30, 2019
As a PlayStation fan these specs makes me giddy about next gen. Hopefully the PS5 specs are similar.

Question to XBox fans here, honestly if Sony tomorrow announced that the PS5 is a 13TF machine with little bit better specs than Series X would even be bothered?

I'd be bothered because I'm sticking with Xbox for Halo, and I also want to play the best console version of multi plats. I wouldn't be bothered enough to make the switch to PlayStation tho because I don't like their focus on single player exclusives.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Awww...you poor thing ;)
A bet is a bet. And I am glad I lost it. I mean in the end it is a win situation for everyone and a little punishment for me.
Also just for a week.
Good to see most of the reactions here are positive but I also see for some it is still challenging to handle the news.

-----------------

Did also post my last prediction but on the thread pace it was burdened.
TL;DR : PS5 9 TF straight. I finally gave up on 40 CUs after reevaluation of the public available data

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT11| Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War [NEW NEWS, NEW THREAD - CHECK OUT THE STAFF POST]

Time to provide my last prediction LOL While I did not have to change anything on the Xbox side (Spec now confirmed for TFs) it is my final prediction for Sony PS5 now. Have fun ... Edit: Both will use a 7nm node for manufacturing the chips. Not 7nm+!

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
The RTX 2080 Super is 11.15TF.

This console is a beast. This is like the good old days when consoles released and were monsters. Gone are the days low end off the shelf parts.
Yep, it's going to be an exciting generation, I can't wait.
When this thread jumped five pages in an hour, I thought something unexpected happened. 12 RDNA TFlops was pretty much a given when we knew the XSX has a >400 mm^2 die
Yeah technically nothing new here, Phil already made it clear it was 12TF in that gamespot article, but glad they spelled it out for all the people I had to argue with over and over here -_-
Edit: oh god, they're still around.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018

I'm in team "hope both are amazing". Next gen Naughty Dog? Next Gen Insomniac? Next gen Guerilla for goodness sake? How the hell can gamers not be shaking with excitement (figuratively or literally) right now?

Next gen represents something in my opinion. We are seeing that consoles gaming is vindicated and can stand alongside mobile and PC. We have seen the market accept different methods of playing and these platform holders are now fully embracing that high end console gaming has a future and they are putting their best foot forward for our dollars without reservation.

This is our time folks! Let's put aside old console warring and embrace each other in harmony! The gamer is king!

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
A bet is a bet. And I am glad I lost it. I mean in the end it is a win situation for everyone and a little punishment for me.
Also just for a week.
Good to see most of the reactions here are positive but I also see for some it is still challenging to handle the news.

-----------------

Did also post my last prediction but on the thread pace it was burdened.
TL;DR : PS5 9 TF straight. I finally gave up on 40 CUs after reevaluation of the public available data

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT11| Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War [NEW NEWS, NEW THREAD - CHECK OUT THE STAFF POST]

Time to provide my last prediction LOL While I did not have to change anything on the Xbox side (Spec now confirmed for TFs) it is my final prediction for Sony PS5 now. Have fun ... Edit: Both will use a 7nm node for manufacturing the chips. Not 7nm+!
Wrong about the XSX wrong about the PS5 at least you will be consistent in this fact

M3rcy

Oct 27, 2017
There's no need for me to relitigate it over and over again (tl;dr my issue isn't the info but the vague way it is presented). Everyone seems extremely confident that they are right, so I'm sure it won't bother folks to wait a little bit more for me to throw in the towel and eat crow.

Context matters. We live in reality and in a real world there's no way in an official communication from MS would put those two ideas right next to each other and have them be completely disconnected. Come on man. There comes a point when the theoretically possible becomes so implausible that you have to eliminate it as viable.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So, it seems games will be one sku, with an upgrade depending on which system you are playing it on(1x/xsx). That's nice, but I hate the thought of downloading massive amounts of data for one game. Just give me the option to buy the xsx sku. 😔

By the way, does xbox offer remoteah ala ps remote play?

Also, what happened to the telescopic xbox controller from the patent? I'd prefer that over using a clip for the Xbox controller.

Yes thank you Microsoft for dropping the specs. Now we can finally split the thread. Since the Xbox has an official reveal. 🙏

Are you kicking me out? 😡 :3
Not that I disagree with your statement, we don't have much to speculate now. It's all out.

Oct 27, 2017
It will never not be weird to me that they chose 1.4TF Xbox One S as they multiplier for saying "8x Xbox One" when they could've said "9x" using the 1.3TF of OG 2013-2016 Xbox One, which is probably what half of XB1 owners have.

Deleted member 35631

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think Microsoft also confirmed that PS5 is weaker (likely not by much), because if it wasn't, they wouldn't have announced specs first. They are confident that they beat Sony in the spec wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.