Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but this is a silly take, there is not correct leaks, all leaks are rumor and therefor could be wrong/fake until officially confirmed debunked. There are obviously leaks that are clearly optimistic but to say quit posting fake leaks in the speculation thread is odd to me?

This is my understanding.
People spending pages discussing "leaks" that they admittedly say are fake is not discussing speculation on next gen.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
About the leak, 18 GB of GDDR6 at 576GB/s is the most suspect that's a 384bit bus, you can easily get 672GB/s to feed your 12.2TF GPU. Also wrote DDR6. No legit leaks have mixed up DDR and GDDR in the past.

Instead they chose to downclock 14gbps chips to have less bw?

Imo someone didn't know enough about specs to make a convincing one.

So far all the leaked Flute and Oberon stuff pointed to 16GB 256 bit bus, and ~530GB/s. Bus size can't be changed without designing a new APU.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
About the leak, 18 GB of GDDR6 at 576GB/s is the most suspect that's a 384bit bus, you can easily get 672GB/s to feed your 12.2TF GPU.

So far all the leaked Flute and Oberon stuff pointed to 16GB 256 bit bus, and ~530GB/s. Bus size can't be changed without designing a new APU.
And 12,2 Tflops at 1,8 Ghz doesnt fit neither with 56 Cus nor 54.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
About the leak, 18 GB of GDDR6 at 576GB/s is the most suspect that's a 384bit bus, you can easily get 672GB/s to feed your 12.2TF GPU. Also wrote DDR6. No legit leaks have mixed up DDR and GDDR in the past.

If we go by things we got from GitHub then the first issue is 12.2 TF instead of 9 TF lol.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
People spending pages discussing "leaks" that they admittedly say are fake is not discussing speculation on next gen.

Ok I concede that point I just don't think discussion of leaks even the fake ones are inherently bad but once you deem it fake you shouldn't continue talking about if as if it wasn't. Unless you believe parts of it to be true.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
If we go by things we got from GitHub then the first issue is 12.2 TF instead of 9 TF lol.

There are more in the leak that was suspect. I picked out the one that was the most egregious to me.

RT core is a Nvdia only thing.
Also why would you "dedicate" a RT core to audio. This is reminding me of the CUs only for compute and physics for PS4 last gen.

The whole point of async compute is to use free GPU cycles on physics / audio.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I concede that point I just don't think discussion of leaks even the fake ones are inherently bad but once you deem it fake you shouldn't continue talking about if as if it wasn't. Unless you believe parts of it to be true.
Ya sorry that's what I was really getting at...just worded it very poorly. I think we are in agreement :P

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mecha Meister delayed OT10, he is now on crunch time to finish it before PS meeting.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I see. I was able to make one comment before it happened.
I personally would not see an issue if Playstation come to PC because I would play the game on a console anyway. Reason is simply the convenience factor and the big screen. While I could use my PC in my living room (very silent) that thing is way bigger than a console.
For me PC makes most sense. I already play my Xbox games on PC. I use an HDMI splitter from monoprice - for my local monitor and my OLED set. It works great to do things in a pinch.

If PlayStation truly embraces PC day and date, I'll move over to that platform. The flexibility to control visuals, framerate, and have better fidelity across the board is exciting since Playstation 1st party are my favorite devs.

renx

Jan 3, 2020
Imho, teraflop obsession should be left behind for good.
Sony and MS don't really want to promote their new consoles by their "teraflop" factor, just like Intel couldn't use "megahertz" to tell people about how much better the Core arch was, compared to NetBurst.
AMD went from a 12-13TF Vega to a better 9-10TF Navi. They don't really want or need to talk about teraflops.
It will all be about benchmarks and mostly what they can accomplish with the new hardware.

Deleted member 35631

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Sony and MS don't really want to promote their new consoles by their "teraflop" factor, just like Intel couldn't use "megahertz" to tell people about how much better the Core arch was, compared to NetBurst.
AMD went from a 12-13TF Vega to a better 9-10TF Navi. They don't really want or need to talk about teraflops.
It will all be about benchmarks and mostly what they can accomplish with the new hardware.

Your post should be a disclaimer for this thread

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
For me PC makes most sense. I already play my Xbox games on PC. I use an HDMI splitter from monoprice - for my local monitor and my OLED set. It works great to do things in a pinch.

If PlayStation truly embraces PC day and date, I'll move over to that platform. The flexibility to control visuals, framerate, and have better fidelity across the board is exciting since Playstation 1st party are my favorite devs.
All I can say to you, I built a PC just 2019. I was hoping for a smooth gaming experience. Did not happen. The same driver / background app dilemma like 15 years ago, especially if you use the PC for other things too, like I do. You will miss the console experience and don't forget that the better performance comes at a price point that is beyond what you have to pay for a console.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
You missed it.
Cerny streamed it on TikTok few minutes ago. PS5 is 14 TFs and has a dedicated TikTok button. Comes with an official Cerny faceplate too.
giphy.gif

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020

This will likely be the last generation we ever talk talk about TFLOPS in any real capacity. After 50 TFLOPS we are going to hit diminishing returns and the generation following the upcoming one could easily start around 100Tflops.

Bishop

Nov 1, 2017
I have a gaming PC and a PS4 Pro, also an Xbox One X which I mainly use for the Microsoft rewards since I can redeem Amazon Gift Cards.

Still I will buy first party games, even if the PS5 reaches 60fps as a standard, as I like to buy physical media regardless if it comes to games or movies. I'm not paying $60 for a digital copy and $25 for a movie digital copy in which the video and audio is highly compressed.

I like to physically own my purchases, I will buy the PC version if I like the game a lot, to play it at 60fps and if it's $10 or less. Red Dead Redemption II may have been a great game to the majority of the people, but I'm glad I was able to sell it after starting chapter 2.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it is fun looking at old PS4/XboxOne Launch and Launch Window games in anticipation for next gen

I wonder the design, graphical and artistic approach devs will choose for the next gen

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Edit: Yeah, that Reddit rumor is pure fan fiction.
The forumula:

52 (CU)*64(No. of stream processors per CU)*1.8 (clock frequency)*2 (FP32?! I am not sure about this one) = 11980.8 GFlops or 11.98 TF

Edit: 56 yields 12.9TF for same clock and so it will most likely be less in frequency if they are going that wide.
this leak is bullshit for many reasons, but you are missing an obvious explanation on this specific case.
its rounded down to 1.8ghz.
could be ~1830mhz.

however, i can assure you its a fake.
Think those Order sequel rumors could be true?
nope
We're currently in various stages of development on several exciting endeavors:

• A new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP
  • The expansion of the award-winning Echo universe through our ongoing partnership with Oculus

Status
Not open for further replies.