• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know about Crash 4 performance, can't find any word...
I would suggest to you and many others, that we've had a Pro Enhancements thread for years, you can very quickly check to see whether your game of choice is likely to see any PS5 improvements without a patch (e.g. if it's resolution and framerate capped, then likely not).
"HAS SOMEONE TESTED THE MAX FRAME RATE AND RESOLUTION OF BC GAME ______ ON THE PS5?"

Anyone asking that question simply needs to look up the game's PS4 Pro targeted performance in this Era thread and you will have your answer.

If a game in that thread targets 30 fps on the PS4 Pro, on the PS5 it will pretty much lock at that fps. The same is true for a game showing 31 fps or more on the list, it will try to lock at 60 fps on the PS5.

The game will play at the max resolution shown on the list, except instead of being a dynamic (fluctuating) resolution on the PS4 Pro, it will likely lock at it on the PS5.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Can someone PLEASE test DRIVECLUB?! >_>
There is no PS4 Pro patch for this game, it will run in whatever was the resolution and frame rate cap.

We need to test Uncharted 4
1440P 30FPS, it's the cap unless ND releases a patch.

Any videos of the Crash Trilogy being tested?
1440P 30 FPS, it's the cap unless the developer releases a patch.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
If only Sony wanted to patch their 1st party to run at higher FPS/resolution. God of War 4K CBR at 60 FPS would me amazing. So would higher res U4/TLOU2.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've had a thread made on Era about one of my videos. I've peaked, lads.

He keeps saying GTAV is getting a free patch for next gen. That's not true is it? I thought they were making you buy it again.

Yes, I thought at the time I'd seen something saying the next gen update will be free - there's no confirmation yet though... I've also not slept properly in 2 weeks trying to get all this coverage up alongside a 9-5 :P

Last edited:

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Games to be tested: all Telltale games, Kingdom Hearts 0.2+3, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, Abzu, Driveclub, GT Sport, Watch Dogs 2...

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Going through that PS4 Pro performance thread makes realize how ridiculously depressing it that it is that all of those games are locked to 30 FPS without a patch from more than capable hardware. I have no confidence that a majority of the games will see a patch - I think many will, but too many won't. Ultimately, it's a shame because we're talking games that are visually stunning and were or still at the top of their respective genres...

This matters because there's still a very small amount of PS5 games..

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I've had a thread made on Era about one of my videos. I've peaked, lads.

Yes, I thought at the time I'd seen something saying the next gen update will be free - there's no confirmation yet though... I've also not slept properly in 2 weeks trying to get all this coverage up alongside a 9-5 :P
You've done a great job, well done.

Oct 25, 2017
I still want to see Kingdom Hearts III more than anything else. I imagine the performance is locked 60, but that's not what I care about, I want to see the loading times.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Some Pro games worth testing on PS5 [dunno if patches have already ironed them out on Pro]:

Hellblade did not manage to get 60fps at 1440p.
Kingdom Come Deliverance was a mess at 1080p.
All MLB The Show games struggle with framerate in 4K mode.
PUBG was a mess in all modes
Strange Brigade had a unstable high framerate mode
WH40K Vermintide

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I'm wondering if reviewers are embargoed taking about the PS4 Naughty Dog titles and stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn and such as you would think most of those would be among the first people would try.

Besides those, I really want to see if load times are improved with fighting games like SFV, Tekken 7, DBFZ, Sam Sho etc. I have a feeling they won't be, at least not at launch but I'm hoping.

Also hoping they repatch Last Guardian so it can run at that smooth 60!

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
I'm wondering if reviewers are embargoed taking about the PS4 Naughty Dog titles and stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn and such as you would think most of those would be among the first people would try.

Besides those, I really want to see if load times are improved with fighting games like SFV, Tekken 7, DBFZ, Sam Sho etc. I have a feeling they won't be, at least not at launch but I'm hoping.

Also hoping they repatch Last Guardian so it can run at that smooth 60!

Last guardian runs at 60 on PS5 👍 nxgamer had a vid about backwards compatibility and he covered that one.

Edit:

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
Until Dawn 60 FPS?

396k03.png

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Great stuff! I wonder how FF14 would preform.....

They said BC version would take use of the Pro settings, so should be hitting 4K, just not sure of the FPS, but honestly, I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit a stable 60fps. I have a 2060 and play with max settings on PC at 1440 and am hitting I think around the 90's-100's.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The fact i have Days Gone, Until Dawn, Infamous etc...here waiting to be played for the first time is a must.
I only bought the PS4 in 2017. That means i really lost a few years of games, specially early PS4 exclusives.

Kind of interesting i'm about to play all of them now for the first time, at the start of the PS5 gen!

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Some Pro games worth testing on PS5 [dunno if patches have already ironed them out on Pro]:

Hellblade did not manage to get 60fps at 1440p.
Kingdom Come Deliverance was a mess at 1080p.
All MLB The Show games struggle with framerate in 4K mode.
PUBG was a mess in all modes
Strange Brigade had a unstable high framerate mode
WH40K Vermintide

Hell what about Earth Defense Force games?

I know the choppy framerate was a series feature... but still lol.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture at 60fps?!?!?!?! Now you can walk twice as fast! From 2mph to 4 mph.

Lightning1981

Mar 31, 2019
Would be interested to find out of the Witcher 3 has improved with the load times and performance or if we will have to wait for their update for a noticeable difference

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Games I'm wondering about: Metal Gear Solid 5, Nioh 2, Street Fighter 5, Overwatch, XCOM2, Yakuza 0 and Avengers.