• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
With 11 days left to go before the launch of PS5 I figured the time was right to post these. I hadn't logged into my Google account in awhile. 7 years sure went by quick:

lbvDf-SzWswbDCn-F45lnfUF1rIvDf0dolfSUnGIJxUDwjwK3DUXMMsJluUWbjajJ7qIrb4LsgRvckGWq-jSWi5roqE5AxpJAJJ6Ddfvjknoofsfwyu5ItjESiwCWOY_gU0Au__scI1k2atcVfYOAasyVaiRG9SWGvMpTIT7b-rA5RtKCRKVDHmVwFtH-JEsOzqKHwq19_cFGPUFgPwj4IJCLTy9r4nX_gHhdhma5w5xNrX5I25ACbuFIYU0vmzhDGc1UbITcXO5qH90kX85hK7-35ClDFjUkRl5o3XwO72G0GB3RGSf0N6S0G3cs77uSfScf8rUHdTWeT5CFhoBcQEyt2FAtP9HlTCLy8fMSa3E1LzBO5VDkpc2Qfph-Irs4CQBnmc6RkadkLv2enGzRB9fp0JiqyQEapTVbe4u3j5HXEPDAPFCi6Vo1JEa1XJlyLtVMnQAGJRVFJj64JWbwtfiEbnYBe_wbrp69DG8YibpfGmspIV42E0Sq5SG3M2qzHP8P02z2mdwufh5AljbQapvC_i6Jxjt4kW0VCQFrvstUKNnp4UByxRc-2fiZz6xLyd8rfQ3coHaLCiEF07zGiq5tmhLIGAtaJeByCMZLTDfeBU5ugiVaUK1Hg2Lgh11WYKotOOlVi_kLjjH2nFx1NCCUekzQo-Nd3uyuBAE962ITDWkkZm7XqPyO0_V=w1806-h1354-no

7L7MPJUCwMr0gpsVgegy6_3zPJCE-myoiiJcdikz8S5tTAnWeV2lYzGtBWuiO4ERSajC2LeIoRcf8dAIBDGE4bkuFY9Mpq6Srr0iuKO-_cv2HSM3thznhyBRzC--RHS4eghPv_wGoji0xkRSOoDagNOu70sR9X3y0JQFpsgQcgoofrr2S9yedrvS-oUGfPozJnVZXKhEHpO2eVRIWRzS3I-DdSVf9EiMaAspL2N1vEPkUwzh91909Ebbbh-kl-X8iIWsHuT7oBiVF6IMXjjwALNibZEcg5KxPw_ftdcxuuZlKRi18xdx5fYcD7rcEYLH6PvRCt9WjibECXbSej7qhY929lJA0cgxjezY07V8NpiSLNmx9Nxe5KLXGx1Ku7PXrv9wDHopYENmAS97FQzEwm024ZvqcknK3XNwFNhZIP-FXudPJRkzivaSzthT1Rlk2T1ZepFLjGdsBmBBE2AWosZsb4ODDShj4iY3PLh4j-oegew8h8VCilmHzfZNAPtS1V0VX2A3t0z1pd41IV_d34xp5ZEM4kNE-oln5mT8pTsZultWlqRoKnDEtnpBXSjdw06h5uYv6OIZRI0ZsgnHZFhmtYDo0_nLLA-97kWo1b0u8izcSbP_VtT5g5Nup0bAmgDuThNepAx8OO1zLKJzJ_5NJ2a3H_thklXt0l0rrzuAWNINBlTlgYInPh7J=w1082-h1442-no

r-5U20WigRtkRAPIzNeNWHdZQThpM-G-YIpKozWe0mwLCVaX-woHz_Hb2Zkxb8K3fi3V7TNSXJzhv0AGnS8MA_tty5jwYqIA5rntUt17G6vw-qih9jZ3hHlsnn8Li2qqHgTTAtM4jZDz-brxUsK-TpjB6vrby5QnDOioIpAshSELXFbdDv4IOaPKCemw2t7h3lttOKfnm0ovo7rtyoPKfffOMyQ2WTKQF8KOkxm4Ip8Tc96rMvcZEUJHsjlIzFaANcsKlCSQPahzOzfSK6vbIBlIoIYS61_3VhtmScbqO3qyJPrdGWXa-mebrTEdl0iTOrXmKbnUu7UhNuY61Y6ncIzpyQumeYkuxZ0StdnvgZG7kFQMfu0xAd-kLb6DAIehcNpOIA0-9SrHs5Haey7fEnDKHS6WcDy63Zk-SYtw3_b0Ct5Ig0b0mt0KCAvA1Fw3IRhi-Rshf0hAW4pwwuVbHpIrGMxYOSCUr6XI_R_RB5Bv_5S6j-ACGmFYVoArcs30fELaoMbw7qwMe0J7CWIyh2R_SzK9sLogYCjjJzA5vm47WwhCPqxahPQeYWX_872Wp2v54v9foIq3siux3b_WyxIBcfW1EzuWyqFuZOlPlXxLqr1tAL5fHdMpPlgFH7qc6wJGe_yyWjWJ4Iz1wHSAXITOEXsPLEoYdmevfrs9ZRU6mtmPZxyY-4H8D1Ep=w1924-h1442-no

hbgh7BaRbpCS2vAjiLTPSogXIlVx2YDprNAIbg67_RjNjk2sPvPQaKjhCmaSGHSlXSCiwm4lQAH9Ut8HqK2hd5C3yHQobp2wbPiGw2lpVPeWWeTD1w7ER366YWkUZ4fgnGRTxExazE-hnU9vbVqmNgXAO0kZliqgnF_OnAz33ZwJhN-np8dP1Z2rOO3DhGkmGJaASxKEaxHjoUodZmW6U9f7fuL5DHSEP2wRlc2PU-htaT39q1aJ4inEkt-Lc4zQAqJdR2UMULBeC_732DMjvPNQnHJW5Hp5GJpF0Xkn5QlBiMrL8L04xRfmFPcyIkeB81t-5LU6p7vh1dmdLfJHXg0cIWMH8HLU3-csrSPvCiw15oUKBXAGdovARiCtSptg9HHuOnhoDiIYPO5TivEqvmOOQZ5Y-OWo4MhgDtoPdFrZKJhYPcB1MQXfbZQZajw0c-7GrZHcpBOuGSQ_BasoYKkYpszCCLZ95th2HKmzTzdlFCs6yMuQeTDh6RWQUFhw2Yf0pbCheIdhudR5qq7YCAdNv7GmwQTVkQj0QUVZM2RA9aE13_ZG2QkkpCMKD4wg8d_JQUQXG9IQK-eVNVck_CAACV3gVAQD2OGI7PC-jlSMZjLyjIOdgEVuJ6cPOVCH_x-G5dvgtvtfykqzbMHh4vnOGrx9ZErFIhRgTC7k3VzjxnasKzmkVt1a9ecr=w1924-h1442-no

h5P8CQJsA8ozAdBbiKSy_swKn13RK84_ghEHr_mXp4uZq3Q0gkPBfulgQ-ypZoUmdgHRgT_vN856FybwItYB7c3eF5slQ_JxPaKIKQljULvX7yYz0cjmMcvYboH_D70mSoPO_vIT53314oZ8kxaAkLfcFNRK7PCz9JCtYLRZoA-MzBBiwV_6kgrUtCVuWzrEQZLCpVy6EhfSjTIAP9F-YDLHAwHwRljAUzDtmznqk6NRvCFMfo1ld5ZPb5Yb_7CPVhn_wREyWPcntplVIoDCK7VBApDC2M4Ebe4jFHArgfZDNW4DO1mbANKalvFUoLcaDnWA3BucU9P1v741Ke5RV_ev8A2firOeQR9ztiOvy1hgXwkGce7XAviynkuFuD3aBwww8YiQbf39_LR-J-IE_dClqALbL7tGelCb83u8dBGtRpJ_5T96XB0F0p4T-aHvowVIuwSOt6eIvR70SIl_CuKSBKEIXlAVpqRn-is8mfNjFNp-isngq_AGD7xJWjZ3ysQUxvhMWjf3-CopuhQs7z2vqoGjTkIojd85R2ieq4dRqRKhkXhC97Kps3B1Cl3oByx9IIkNuqGLAdjZdydyrT2zw_jDau6SFhgchYlcuShhflAKxgNSiEwPulwrCN66kvOwJkmO6aNtYXJHlbm02_dDrHn8JebpWZY7fqFsohlFwipjeQ2styGrDGEM=w1082-h1442-no

DjUOgvvXPMtOhf6LA0w--JTIB7oJS_X4SQlKGSQa6M4ciWRyiWwV2En36_-pEYKXJbPkVqL8Y2GrDOmJvCIG_wholF8ywfYk5prBlw2NXgmXYSSKtYisjTM4qEE5kq3VDOjEJ5MF6wKNywzIZPkVecRdUVmMyrulhO2Co4_dXvFYSN8Fb80p4uvhD08TLPu_1gBwoApYP-UIe-ns-n-Iimr4bPktfExonsCcBWYbd3tjKPVag_4bKZmu1ZUBx-HIktTuJBRC4cb0_MpCAdjPelEjM4SLx2L1iAftV3DP-h-DHBFoN4f68ghHsDOHmxS24PeAxt7Ak2FdZ4kSNzMLeSrz2Wme4i7kPOLN-X97_C8_7k6xG8w9F4fieILwmKsxczNK29g_tTX2b5XYb85lOsptUX0E9WyaCdbvBjvieIHT5l333WJqaNrXchCaW3KLNjx5WR6fbw16BVrOS0am1G8SaO-awZUIdRby4pSpiXzKpxOWM35kBEJAidhk2IEDcoh54p1ubtQp04W8IVGkc9JYo62YVPZ0exGogxM2O0MkKoqP4SlLzPwf_Ka2jusIworQjqJv8q-llTqxAtv3P7b1jSL5E2R_qyifV17a66OSJevacF55az0lFMp81H8BOa9bd_-mE9YryP3gCSLdI9Tg67bXG_FlHmgfGrUINYTLlUfEl-wTgsYOQkLO=w1924-h1442-no

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I remember Amazon shipping Ghosts out a week before the launch of the console.
I remember the day of launch people saying they had HDMI issues, and I was terrified that I would be one of those people, but mine was fine.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Amazon sent me 2 ps4s day one instead of 1

Killzone sucked ass and I was so mad I bought it since I hated the other killzones but I was excited for launch.

I absolutely loved Resogun and Contrast, Knack was okay.

I can't remember what other games I had day 1, i remember target was buy 1 get 1 I think I got AC4 and Cod Ghosts too, ghosts blew chunks but AC4 was amazing.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My experience was super low key. I didn't buy it on launch day. But I remember I was on base and walked into the GameStop and traded in my broken phat PS3 and accessories. Asked for a PS4, it was given and bought it Battlefield 4. Still haven't finished the game.

Lovely console, so many great games.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My memories are being excited followed by complete disappointment. I don't recall how prevalent stock issues were back then, but I remember it being sold out near launch in most places, so my parents had to drive all over and finally found one at a random GameStop. I was so excited to hook it up, then I realized the launch games I had were Injustice, Assassin's Creed, and Killzone. Injustice I already played on PS3 and the latter two I didn't really enjoy all that much.

So I was glad I had one, but damn were those launch games disappointing as hell. I had more fun with the Wii U launch.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
The PS4 launch was so underwhelming in terms of games that I stopped gaming for a couple of years (I also got married about that time, but I doubt it was related to that, yeah...)

Being real, I imported my console, got it a month after release with Kilzone, Knack, Resogun and Black Flag. Only enjoyed Black Flag and Resogun, then I patiently waited for Second Son. I did stop gaming around that time for a while, I remember not being excited about anything in particular.

Now PS5 is a different beast, not even having two kids can stop me from being hyped about this console and the amazing launch lineup. Can't wait

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a video of a guy just leisurely strolling into Target on launch day and buying one. I don't remember them being that easy to find but it sure seems nice now.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered from Amazon right after the E3 conference. Arrived without a fuss on launch day. Killzone Shadowfall was fun, especially multiplayer. Knack was...alright. Never finished it though and sold it on EBay like a few months later.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This is pretty interesting for me because I just bought a PS4 last week. I'm just now jumping into this generation, lol. I've been enjoying it a lot as well, and the must-have games are all $15 now, especially with holiday sales happening early. Love it.

So it's kinda like a reminiscing of a launch I didn't experience until just now, but with a shit load of games available. Kinda overwhelming, ha.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone's multiplayer was finally going to shine in the limelight of the PS4 launch, I had hoped. COD and BF were on deck at launch and KZ multiplayer got forgotten again.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Coming from the insane overnight sleeps for PS3 launch. Ps4 was a walk in the park. Pre ordered at GameStop and went in around 10pm to pick it up as they requested to come early. Walked out with killzone and NBA 2k14. Later got Knack, got frustrated, then got ACIV, then gave up lol. Platinumed Resogun and yeah what a generation.

This go around had to frantically pre order while out for dinner at our 1st year anniversary vacation. Pretty crazy times we have come around to.

Sep 19, 2020
I was in line at a Walmart for six hours waiting in the shoe department with three others, sitting down next to the only charger in the front of the line playing... Sine Mora? on my Vita.

Ended up with the PS4, an extra controller, Killzone, Need For Speed: Rivals and Assassin's Creed.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 was...the 8th console I actually stood in line for to get Day 1. PS1 was the first. PS5 will be the next...probably. I hope Gamestop will hand out tickets or something, so I can wait in the car for my turn.

I love those lines. It's fun to be around other excited people, talk about what games they're getting, reminisce about other launches or just games in general. At the Wii U launch, we got a DS multiplayer session going. At the 360 launch, I remember the store (Fry's) had implemented no plan whatsoever, and some people tried to cut the line. The people in line were having none of it. We laid down the law, and the store agreed and went along. That was a cool moment. For the Wii, we were inside the store (Game Crazy), since we knew the manager. We played Melee until midnight.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My parents couldn't find me a PS4 for Christmas so I got a Vita, then found a PS4 a week later after checking lots of Wal-Marts. Good times.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I went to a midnight launch at a Best Buy. I remember getting off my shift, having a few beers to kill a couple hours at the bar next door, and debating what game to buy with it. I got Killzone and Black Flag. Those were the days.

I also got the PS3 at launch, preordered through GameStop and supplies were so limited mine wasn't available on launch day. Just a few days later, on my birthday actually, my system arrived! That was a great day, the GameStop was in a small mall that was on a rough side of town...I remember they didn't give me a bag with the PS3 and I was scared to walk out with it so I had to ask for one lol.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing the shit out of black flag. Loved that game.
Still rocking the launch device <3

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I just remember getting it the day before launch in the mail from Walmart, so that was pretty cool. I only had Killzone day 1 and I ended up getting bored quick of it.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I remember cancelling my preorder 3 weeks before the PS4 was released. Don't ask me why I did this, I asked this myself the day the PS4 came out.
Went to the German BestBuy equivalent on release day (Nov 29th) and watched people fight over PS4 consoles - I went to the Blu-ray section and bought The Wolverine. I am weird.
All I have to this time is to wait for a package to arrive. I am so relaxed.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
We camped out for two days in an RV in the gamestop parking lot even though we had pre-orders lol.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon fucked up the shipment to all of central Florida so I wound up getting mine a week later.

I got it, played through Killzone, not very good. Battlefield 4 wiped my campaign progress twice so I never finished it.

Resogun was/is great.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I picked up my PS4 at midnight, got home, PSN was completely dead and nothing worked, I couldn't sign into my account at all so I just went to bed. I woke up the next day at 7am and turned it on and played Resogun for like 3 hours and Killzone over the weekend.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i remember being happy

i remember being able to leave the house

i remember resogun

good times good times

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
My fiance won one through Taco Bell. Showed up the day before launch, came with a copy of Knack. Probably the only Not For Resale copies of the game in existence lol. We were both so ecstatic about it, the hype was crazy but the fear of having a BLOD unit (as a couple of early winners had gotten units that were DOA with BLOD) was real lol. Never finished Knack, but we picked up Black Flag and played a lot of Resogun.

Even more hyped to pick up my PS5 on launch day now.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I remember pre-ordering it in person at Best Buy in like June. It was a completely different situation back then being able to just walk in the store and place a pre-order without having to sit around refreshing for hours like I had to do for the PS5.

You could buy some of the PS4 games a week or so early so I picked up AC Black Flag and Killzone Shadow Fall, then I had to wait around all week to be able to actually play them. I was a senior in college at the time so I came home for the weekend because my birthday was the same day the PS4 launched. I swung by Best Buy to pick it up then played AC, Killzone, and Resogun all night. It was pretty great, but in retrospect it's pretty crazy how tiny the launch line-up was in comparison to the PS5. Black Flag and Resogun were a blast though, and playing Killzone for the first time was an impressive next gen moment at the time for sure.

PS5 launch is going to be even better. Great launch line-up, tons of backwards compatible games to play with enhancements, etc. Can't wait.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Lined up at midnight to pick up my PS4 preorder at eb games Canada. They had an event there so it was cool to be part of a collective crowd who shared in the excitement even if it was cold. I had a dualshock 4 at home as well because Costco was selling them a week or so early.

Came home and signed into my account and downloaded the psn+ games: Resogun and Contrast. Resogun was awesome and I enjoyed Contrast as well even if it was a bit buggy. Those two games didn't last me long so I bought BF4 a few days later. I think I used the credit they gave to buy trine 2 too to play with my wife.

I remember reading reports of consoles having errors, especially ones with certain serial numbers or something. Mine matched those numbers so I was worried. That launch console is still going strong! Although it's about to be replaced for a Day 1 PS5!

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
My launch memory was coming home with my girlfriend with the console and noticing the back door of my appartment was destroyed. Nothing was stolen, so the thief most likely left as soon as he arrived. Luckyyyy

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I wasn't there til a couple months later from launch.

You could walk into a store and kind of hum and haw at the counter. There was no rush!
They were just sitting on the shelf and the Gamestop employee even said that maybe waiting for more games to come out was a good idea lol got it anyway with Second Son and it's kind of a weak game but I just had a feeling that the games would come. (which I was right about)

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Only thing i remember was that there was some HDMI issue but i haven't heard about that since then so i dunno how widespread it was.

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 launch memory was bizarre.

I picked my pre-order up in the morning on the way to work. I used the work internet to update firmware and install Resogun and AC:Black Flag :)

But as I was walking home, carrying my PS4 in the JB-HiFi bag, I stumbled upon another PS4 in a JB Hifi bag. Just sitting on the foot path, in the middle of the CBD.
I looked around, and there was a homeless guy sitting a few meters away. He was looking at me.

I looked up and down the foot path, but there was a lot of people headed home after work. No one stood out.
I was standing there a few minutes, trying to think what the best place to report it would be.
When suddenly I see a guy running/weaving around people, from a hundred meters up the road, right up to the bag and checked it and then walked off.

Somehow he put down his brand new PS4 and wandered off leaving it behind.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Went to my local EB games for the midnight launch. Only eventual thing was someone wearing google glasses. When I got home I mucked around a little in the first level of kill zone, couldn't stay up late as I had to go into the lab early.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Had the friday and weekend off and bought the Ps4, wich i had pre-ordered, on friday morning around 10 with an extra controller, Killzone, Lego Marvel, Nba 2k and Madden. All went smooth. Lots of people in the store who could not get one since they did not preorder. But they where civil. Couple of friends came over friday night to play some games and have som beers. Fun day!

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Man it was smooth. The whole process in general. I was able to walk into Gamestop ten minutes after they opened the morning after Sony's E3 event, was the second person to preorder.

Launch week comes around, and I heard Target was doing Buy 2 get 1 free for video games including PS4 games. I went to my local Best Buy and they matched the deal although it was a mistake on their part, they dont match promotions only sales prices. Got Assassins Creed Black Flag, Nba 2k14, and Call of Duty Ghosts that way. Amazon also had some mix up online with PS4s and gave out free games as an apology. Got Madden 25 and Fifa 14 through them. I bought Killzone Shadowfall and Knack plus an extra Dualshock 4 at Gamestop.

On launch night, me and my brother get to the mall a half hour before midnight, they let us wait inside the mall with about 30 other people. Some cops were on hand but it was a good group amd nobody was trying to rob anyone. They had us come in and payoff our consoles before midnight, and when midnight came they handed us our systems quickly and we stopped by Wendys for some jr cheeseburger deluxes on the way home.

We played some NBA 2K14, me and my bro helped the Sixers beat the Nets, and then I think I passed out. Fun times.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Germany got the best memories...

PS5 is going to go the same route (PS4 was not available for a loooong time after release).

Nov 21, 2017
I just strolled into a local electronics / general store ( like the finnish equivalent of Wal-Mart ) and bought one off the shelf. There were two units there if I remember correctly. The launch lineup would have been a bust without Resogun. I played that game like a madman. Got the Platinum, too. Such an amazing shmup, and it felt like the first "next-gen" experience to me.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember at the time I was trying to secure a bank loan for a mortgage. The day the PS4 launched and arrived from Amazon I had gotten a letter from the bank saying I was denied. I was so upset but my buddy was like "bro don't worry bout it, they aren't the only bank. Let's fire up the PS4 and enjoy the weekend." And godamn I did. Resogun, asscreed 4, and NFS hot pursuit. Awesome times.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
PS4 launch for me was while I was at film school and working with the IT / print / equipment rental part of the campus. That meant I could regularly have downtime, and would do things like print magazine versions of screenshots and post them up behind me.

4moETjc.jpg

Got a Dualshock 4 before they were publicly available, so people would come by to print / rent / return and be like "WHAT IS THAT?!"

Also created a "farewell" video for PS3 just before the PlayStation meeting, and a month before PS4 launch it played on the campus TVs lol.

I didn't end up getting a PS4 until March 2014 (through an old coworker still at Sony's FPQA division) but I went to a local GameStop to get my Infamous pre order. The first person in line was a classmate, lol! They were there for a completely different game, though...

RSiBbUf.jpg

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
I remember taking advantage of Best Buy's $100 trade in for a PS3 or Xbox 360, which they often did not check if it was working or not. Made $400 on some 360's I got at the flea market and got a PS4. The receipts were crazy. The trade in value of a base xbox 360 (no hard drive) was $0.60 + Promo $99.40. I still have the receipts in my PS4 retail box as a reminder.

Killzone was awful, wasn't into resogun, and Mercenary Kings was disappointing. Wasn't until MGSV that I felt the PS4 was worth it. Although I could've played that on PS3 as well.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
An absolute amazon shit show, thought they cancelled my friend and I's orders like 3 times, we ended up getting them on launch day WITH buying 2 seperate systems at gamestop during their midnight drop, what a ride.
I remember going all the way to a sony store which was nowhere near me to try out the DS4, which was great.
Really wish I could've done that now more than ever for the dualsense.
We ended up chilling on the floor and playing all our launch titles, and as a big time BF fan who at that point had never experienced full sized team matches, it was next level.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a video of a guy just leisurely strolling into Target on launch day and buying one. I don't remember them being that easy to find but it sure seems nice now.

Watching this and thinking, "where the fuck are their masks?", am also a few beers deep. Really hope 2021 gets back to normalcy. Didn't get a PS4 til 2016 when PRO came out. This year will be the first year since 2001 that I bought a new console at launch and since 2000 that I got a new PlayStation system at launched. Hype as fuck.

Please vote everyone that reads this, in case you haven't already.
:D

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
This generation came and went faster than any other for me, crazy how time flies.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'd fallen out of console gaming at the PS4's launch but jumped back in to play the Destiny alpha in 2014 while I was still rooming with a bunch of musician friends from university. Good times, great memories. The PS4 reinvigorated my love for video games. Playing Destiny/TLoU/Uncharted, having a beer with the roommates randomly watching Sunny in Philadelphia or some anime at midnight in the living room, waking up at 2pm to go teach at the studio...

Now I have a wife, soon to be two kids, and a dog. Things are totally different but gaming remains one of my biggest hobbies. I'm jazzed to be here at the beginning of a new generation along with my 1.5yo son who's got his own baby word for Mario ("Mamo") and was just laughing at figuring out how to make Banjo punch in Banjo Kazooie earlier tonight.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I remember getting my PS4 from a Walmart, standing in line while taking pictures with my phone, release month (November, so I guess I lucked out).

A guy on the Penny-Arcade forums called me a racial slur for some reason when I posted my cheerful pic. That stuck with me. Anyways, I hope I can buy one on release this year. I gave up trying to get a preorder.