• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Best portable ever! I've ordered another 64gb card just in case my current one dies and I will order another Vita soon, for preservation sake soon!

Jimi D

Oct 27, 2017
Damn... Best handheld hardware ever, imho, and I quite literally have them all. I've got three Vitas tucked away around here including my heavily used day one system (actually, the week early preorder system... remember that?), and I'm glad I grabbed them when I did. We've been over the issues that plagued it and the incredible disappointment surrounding it a thousand times around here, but I'll always love mine for Gravity Rush and P4 Golden and FFX and Dragon's Crown and the Dangan Ronpa games and Muramasa and Metal Gears 1-3 and Ys and Shiren and Skullgirls and geeze so many really good games I've enjoyed on that beautiful screen. RIP

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
The "memory issue" was a huge issue. A new Vita buyer would have to buy the Vita, a memory card and a game. Three different things to even start using the device, none of them particularly cheap unless you're getting the game from the bargain bin.
That decision probably played a huge part of the system's death.

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
I recently hacked mine so it found new life in my home (playing Persona 4 in higher resolution is fantastic!) but still, RIP.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the offer was present everywhere but around the time when I got mine in late 2013 they were bundling it with a 16gb card and a bunch of games at no extra cost, about €200 for the bundle and other major games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted were "free" with a PS Plus subscription at the time. It seemed amazing value but the market still wasn't interested.
That package has an 8 GB memory card which sucks. Uncharted and Gravity Rush were made available in 2012 when PS Plus was not mandatory in any system (PS4 came out in November 2013) so very few people had the sub.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
Incredibly underwhelming successor to the PSP with outdated hardware launched at the wrong time.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I still remember my time with Persona 4 Golden.
Man that was such a great experience.
My friend and I played it together and had so much fun.
It's still in my top 3 of all time.
o7

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
I remember at some point juggling between Wipeout, Persona 4, Metal Gear and Duke Nukem 3D on it, it was a blast.

The 3DS and switch have made it pretty much irrelevant.

Lovely hardware design and screen tho.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
End of a fucking era. When I think about it, the Vita has been my primary gaming device since maybe 2017. I don't know why I gravitated to it over my 3DS, but ultimately the greatest number of games I've actually seen to completion have been on Vita. Guess I need to decide whether to import a spare Slim pronto, since I've still got a lot left to play.

The one game I was really anticipating as a "last release" was (an English version of) Labyrinth of Refrain. I was teady to day one it. Alas. I still haven't bought it—along with a number of other non-handheld titles!—because I know I'm not gonna tether myself to a TV or desktop PC when handhelds are so much more accessible/convenient.

...Getting OT I guess, but if anyone's got a working Remote Play setup I'd love to hear about it.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I have my OG Vita and PSTV, Eventually I hope that they finish hacking it wide open so that the PSTV can truly play every game released on the Vita.

I loved my vita, I played it so much.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
I figured that now would be the right time to buy a Vita, mostly so I can play some more Final Fantasy and the other Persona titles. Should be coming next week and I can't wait to trick it out.

Amanobuff

Oct 28, 2017
Singapore
Love both of my OG Vitas and still use them every now and then. Literally thousands of hours of joy and fun with them. Without a doubt my favourite dedicated handheld.

Vita means life.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
That package has an 8 GB memory card which sucks. Uncharted and Gravity Rush were made available in 2012 when PS Plus was not mandatory in any system (PS4 came out in November 2013) so very few people had the sub.
It's definitely a 16GB or at least some variation of it was since I have that bundle and it's printed on the box. Also Gravity Rush and Uncharted weren't removed from the PS+ sub until June 2014, they were present for a long time rather than for a single month.

Feb 10, 2018
Vita means life.

dTcAHZc.jpg

What is that thing behind the mask?
I though it was a pepe the frog like thing.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I doubt Soul Sacrifice, Uncharted Golden Abyss, P4G, Muramasa Rebirth or Freedom Wars will ever be ported. Plus, there are plenty of great titles for the Vita, exclusive or otherwise. I mean, no other portable plays Vita, PS1 and PSP games.

Muramasa Rebirth and P4G are both by studios that have recently re-released their games so... I'd say it's impossible for them to not be ported.
Sony ported Gravity Rush to PS4 so I see no reason they wouldn't eventually re-release Uncharted and Freedom Wars. Dunno about Soul Sacrifice though.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Worst console I've ever owned, handheld or otherwise.

Still a sad sight to see something die. RIP

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't the Vita just use the same memory stick duos? Sony Cameras and PSP used those.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Sony gave the people everything they asked for and yet they still turned away.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If only my two 64GB memory cards weren't faulty. That's so annoying.. are all 64GB cards this error-prone? Should I stick to 32GB?

Finally this charade can come to an end.

It's been way to close to a weird version of:
p11733_v_v8_af.jpg

For way too long.

I'm sorry people have been enjoying their Vita in 2018 and 2019.

All you people that didn't buy the Vita. Yeah I'm talking to you.

Fuck you.

Yeah, though Sony is really to blame in the end.

The system needed first party support. The back-touch pad was a mistake. The memory cards sucked. The system should have had L2 and R2. Oh, and the bubbles UI sucks and still sucks. (I can't swap memory cards from Vita to Vita or from Vita to PSTV without it resetting all my bubbles and it thusly breaking the app limit.)

But really, it was and still is an amazing piece of hardware. I'm a bit bitter about all of the haters shitting on it and the PSP and ultimately being all over the Switch for the same reasons.

And the Vita memes are so fucking annoying. Let it end.

Last edited:

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I love my vita, and it still gets a lot of play. It is very sad to hear it stop production, I feel like the vita had a lot more potential for it to shine that just didn't pan through. I had purchased the bundle that came with the 8GB memory card. It didn't take me long to fill up the memory card, and it was (still is) expensive to upgrade. Such a bummer. I don't even know where I can find a reputable site to purchase a new memory card.

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Muramasa Rebirth and P4G are both by studios that have recently re-released their games so... I'd say it's impossible for them to not be ported.
Sony ported Gravity Rush to PS4 so I see no reason they wouldn't eventually re-release Uncharted and Freedom Wars. Dunno about Soul Sacrifice though.
I mean, whoever wants to wait for there maybe being ports, by all means, wait for as long as they want. But there's no reason to wait when they're readily available on a great platform.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely saddened. Need to pick up a slim, shouldve grabbed a backup last time I was in Japan

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Hopefully more of the games keep getting ported and put elsewhere instead of left to linger on a dead platform and be lost to the sands of time.

I've got two Vita's myself but hold no illusions about their longevity.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
My favorite handheld of all time. Thought the Switch could carry its legacy, but there's something missing...

Good night, sweet prince. You were too beautiful for this world.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Brilliant hardware, some amazing games available nowhere else, lots of value through crossplay and remote play with PS4. It's kind of bizarre that the Vita wasn't huge, it did virtually everything well aside from the memory issue.
No killer apps. Expensive memory cards. Competition from moblie and tablets. Sony fandom being more console focused than Nintendo's, and so on.

Also, I don't see the Sony blame. No one bought it or bought the software for it. They cut their losses, repositioned it as an indie machine and salvaged the commercial mess as best they could have.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate myself for never buying one
And now I can't find it anywhere :(

Admittedly, I bought a LCD version to replace the OLED model for different charging connector and better screen (yes, you read that right). The issue of the memory stick will always remain a problem though with no cheap replacements.

Goodbye Vita o7

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
It was far too weak to be a dumping ground for mid-tier or older games (see Switch) and developing tailor made games was too expensive most of the time (outside of the more niche japanese games it got). It was in an awkward spot released at an awkward time.

I kinda like mine as a piece of kit but only ever truly enjoyed Danganronpa 1&2 on it.

I don't think it was far too weak. You had (at the time) last gen remasters on the system like metal gear solid, God of War, sly trilogy, jak trilogy etc. just like the switch has last Gen remasters such as skyrim, Mario kart, nsmbu. Both have a lot of current gen indies, and a few current Gen downports for their respective times of course.

I don't think it could be considered too weak for its time compared to the switch. It had even more ram available than the ps3.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still the best portable console I've ever owned, and with all the homebrew, emulators and whatnot I intend to keep using mine.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I mean, whoever wants to wait for there maybe being ports, by all means, wait for as long as they want. But there's no reason to wait when they're readily available on a great platform.

That's fair. I love my Vita but if I didn't own it already I just don't see a point in picking up the machine when what exclusives there are available will likely be ported eventually. Seems better to just wait then drop the money on it now.

Deleted member 3894

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Japanese PS Vita and a 32GB memory card last month. Currently playing Steins;Gate (perfect platform for VN), MGS1, and using a lot Remote Play with the HORI's Remote Play Assist Attachment. Eagerly awaiting to play MGS2-3 ports for the first time (I heard these ports are pretty good). Muramasa and Persona 4 are next on my list. Very good hardware, I need a Switch mini about the size of a Vita.

Last edited: