Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I recommend to go along with Sonic 3 complete Sonic 3d blast directors cut. Patch is in the link with instructions. I played it before its pretty good.

Sonic 3D: Director's Cut
is a hack of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island made by Jon Burton, founder of Traveller's Tales and the game's original programmer, with the goal of expanding the game with new content to increase replayability and to fix long-standing issues that the game has been criticized for. The project was first announced on Jon Burton's YouTube channel, GameHut, on October 12, 2017, and update videos were uploaded on a basis.

New Features
  • A world map has been added, allowing the player to choose their level as they progress and replay previously-cleared levels.
  • Super Sonic has been added, and is unlocked when all seven Chaos Emeralds have been collected. To transform, the player must collect 50 rings, jump, then press the Spin Dash button in the air. As Super Sonic, the player has Power Sneakers, Homing Attack and Invincibility active at the same time. The player can input the same commands to cancel Super Sonic.
  • A Time Challenge mode has been added, giving players a new challenge in levels that have already been cleared. In this mode, the player doesn't need to collect Flickies, but they must reach the goal in a strict time limit.
  • A level editor from development builds has been added for players to play with, allowing players to add/edit/remove objects in levels how they please.
  • The game now saves progress via a password that the player can enter. The password system uses code originally used for the Sega Channel version of Sonic 3D.
  • A completion percentage is displayed on the world map screen. To achieve 100%, the player must complete all zones, complete the Time Challenge for every Act, collect all Sonic Medals, collect all seven Chaos Emeralds and get a score of 5,000,000 points.
  • The player can choose to play the original game without any of the changes.
Gameplay Tweaks
  • Sonic has been made faster to give the game more of a sense of speed akin to other Sonic titles.
  • Sonic now makes turns faster.
  • The camera extends further when travelling at high speed.
  • Running into walls won't cancel Sonic's momentum, allowing him to climb staircases faster.
  • When hit, Sonic only loses one Flicky at a time as long as he has at least one ring. If Sonic is hit without rings, he will drop all his Flickies. If hit without rings or Flickies, he dies.
  • Flickies now act as a shield against projectile attacks.
  • When Power Sneakers are in effect, Sonic gains a state of pseudo-invincibility where enemies and hazards simply make him bounce back without taking damage, making Power Sneakers safer to use.
  • The camera now tries to show both Sonic and Eggman during boss fights to make it easier to see the boss.
  • Sonic Medals no longer act as a means of giving the player a Continue. They are instead permanent collectables that add to the player's completion percentage. They also award 1,000 points when collected.
  • The player can now only get one Chaos Emerald per zone. As Gene Gadget Zone and Panic Puppet Zone normally do not feature Tails or Knuckles, they have been added to those zones to give the player a chance to get the Chaos Emeralds tied to those zones.
  • A Crab Badnik that was cut during development has been added back into the game. It can be found pacing back and forth in Rusty Ruin Zone and releases a Red Flicky when destroyed.
  • Various enemies and objects have been given bigger hitboxes to make them easier to interact with.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes such as Sonic no longer sliding through moving platforms.
Graphical Tweaks

• Sonic has been given a lighter shade of blue for consistency with newer games like Sonic Mania.
  • When a Flicky is loose, its icon will bounce on the Flicky counter to alert the player.
  • If any loose Flickies are offscreen, flashing Flicky icons will appear on the sides of the screen to direct the player.
  • The score and time are now displayed on the HUD. If too many sprites are on-screen at once (e.g. when Sonic loses a lot of rings), the game hides the score and time to give priority to the extra sprites until there is enough VRAM space.
  • Green Grove Zone has been given a new palette to make it look closer to levels like Green Hill Zone.
  • The waterfall in Green Grove Zone has been given a new shade of blue so Super Sonic's palette does not conflict with it.
  • The Special Stages have new palettes that match the zone they are accessed from.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about Sonic 3D Blast Directors Cut. Adding right now, thanks for the reminder!!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Everything went well when I tried installing it. A few things bother me dealing with language/text but they are probably things that would only bug me. I wish the scraper DB used kana/kanji for JP region games because without it sorting on the main menu is broken, and I'll need to go in and fix it manually.

Also would be nice if when scraping I could apply a different game's art/info to a different games file. As is the scraper doesn't recognize Sonic 3 Complete and it won't let you "make it look like S+K instead" for instance. Or if there is a way I haven't figured it out yet.

Otherwise, things are great. Blue Sphere in Sonic 3 feels "pretty good" to me, and usually is the first thing I'll notice that is off in emulators. Had a little fun with Gley Lancer. The MD Sailor Moon game is fun. Going to try out the Langrisser fan translation in a bit.

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I have a quick question. I'm trying to add Bare Knuckle 3 to the mini but wanna add the ISP patch to translate it to English. However when I try to add the IPS, the option is grayed out and it won't let me do so. Can anyone explain why that's the case where the "Apply IPS Patch" is not able to to be used?

Edit: Sorry NVM. I found the link for Lunars IPS Patch software.

Last edited:

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have a quick question. I'm trying to add Bare Knuckle 3 to the mini but wanna add the ISP patch to translate it to English. However when I try to add the IPS, the option is grayed out and it won't let me do so. Can anyone explain why that's the case where the "Apply IPS Patch" is not able to to be used?
Just patch the game in your computer first and then add the game.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't encountered any issues so far.

Just decided to remove the blurbs from all the games I added since they all get cut off and aren't very well written anyways.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do you have to put each game in and search the scraper individually? I thought it might add them in a batch but it seems each game has to be manually told to search the scraper (which doesn't work for me) so I'm putting the covers on manually.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So apparently, until they impliment folders you will get a black screen if you add more than about 100 games in total inc. the stock 40. So I had some fun doing this....

1. In the game manager can only remove games one by one.
2. When removing a game it auto moves you back to the top of the list.

Which is annoying and needlessly time-consuming.

Last edited:

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Waiting for reboot issue. I tried different USB cables. Is the issue a bug inside the payload or something on my computer?

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 140 genesis games on my system now, made the cpu go faster: When I try to go to settings to change anything on my genesis it hard locks. Gotta pull the power cord. Is this happening to anyone else?

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have 140 genesis games on my system now, made the cpu go faster: When I try to go to settings to change anything on my genesis it hard locks. Gotta pull the power cord. Is this happening to anyone else?

You shouldn't have over 100 games with the overclock. Wait until there are folders to have that many games at once.

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't have over 100 games with the overclock. Wait until there are folders to have that many games at once.
Well the fix was to resync with it in the app, turn the power off so it gently disconnects and now it's fine. I don't see issues with tg this many games tbh

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Well the fix was to resync with it in the app, turn the power off so it gently disconnects and now it's fine. I don't see issues with tg this many games tbh
The developers of Project Lunar have specifically said not to go over 60 though for the time being (because you'll have issues).

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
How long until Sega CD and 32X run on this? I wanna retire my original hardware since they look like crap on my TV and don't want to pay hundreds on a framemister.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
apologies if this has already been asked or even answered, but would Project Lunar allow the loading of the M2/Mini versions games from other regions? outside of maybe Sonic 3 complete, I'd like to play the stuff exclusive to other regions on my US mini.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

The devs themselves have said not to go over 100 games when overclocking. 60 if you haven't overclocked.

Ocaso

Aug 23, 2018
Even with the blur removed from the CRT filter leaving just scanlines, it's still not a great display mode for me. They're too dark and you just end up with a dimmer picture overall.
The biggest issue is that they're rendering incorrectly (they're intersecting pixels rather than just below them), and this is made even more noticeable if you remove the smoothing with the Lunar Tool. I would have loved for this to fix that, but unfoturnately it doesn't.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
M2's scaline filters are honestly not great. They need to steal Christian Whitehead's filter asap.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somebody else got this trojan warning from Windows?
Got a warning from windows defender that Trojan:Script/Woreflint.A!cl was in the file that I tried and download from https://modmyclassic.com/project-lunar/

webfile: F:\ProjectLunar-x64.msi|https://classicmodscloud.com/project_lunar/builds/ProjectLunar-x64.msi|pid:XXX,ProcessStart:XXX

same here - tried both the msi install Download and the separate purely run only zip file
Windows defender marked with trojans immediately and didn't want me to keep them (though had to option to override this)
Bitdefender flat out deleted them as malicious...
Note: neither the msi was launched nor the zip unpacked

official download location on modclassic.com

running latest windows 10 1909 all security updates installed and definitions up to date...
Not installing or using these until that's resolved - can't find any mention of these on reddit or other forums

Back in the day PSP as the scene broke the platform open downgraders were always marked as malicious by the AV vendors as the builds were so flakey at the start and then some competing hacking groups actually got malicious that a lot of systems were bricked from bad downgraders - however I don't think the AV programs are purposefully classifying these project lunar files right now

demi

Oct 27, 2017
apologies if this has already been asked or even answered, but would Project Lunar allow the loading of the M2/Mini versions games from other regions? outside of maybe Sonic 3 complete, I'd like to play the stuff exclusive to other regions on my US mini.

Yes, you can load Japanese games or European games (you may need to Force NTSC or some tinkering) just fine. I have some Japanese games (translated) and they run like normal.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious so I tried the Darius rom and doesn't appear to work on anything else from original hardware to other emulators including BlastEm, which is a shame. Must rely on something very specific to the emulator on the Mini. I either get garbage tiles or boots from grey to blue SEGA logo and then a blank screen.

Tetris works fine though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After finally trying it myself I can confirm the sound lag is fixed when running Genesis games on Retroarch (or at least reduced to the point it's virtually unnoticeable).

Now to wait for the update that lets you launch games from the Mini UI and have them auto-run on RA.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
After finally trying it myself I can confirm the sound lag is fixed when running Genesis games on Retroarch (or at least reduced to the point it's virtually unnoticeable).

Now to wait for the update that lets you launch games from the Mini UI and have them auto-run on RA.
It's the standard PL RA installation, yeah?
Did you change any RA settings or just default?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the standard PL RA installation, yeah?
Did you change any RA settings or just default?

Standard settings, didn't change anything.

That said, I did want to ask about any cool video filters or settings I could apply for an improved picture. Also wondering if anyone created any cool themed borders I could use.