• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Whether or not someone has brain damage when you tried to hook up with then while they were underage not only makes you even more of a monster, but it also says a lot about you that you attempt to deflect from serious accusations by saying "but the other person was doing something bad too!"

This seems like a rather misleading representation of what he says honestly. He doesn't say that you can't trust him because he had brain damage. He says you can't trust what he said because he directly stated that he had no memories from the exact time frame where he later claimed he remembered getting nudes from Jared. I feel like that's a pretty fair point to make in your defense, especially considering that the accuser never showed any chat logs or other evidence of showing that he actually was ever in contact with Jared.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
More like
huey___you_disgust_me___by_thedogwhitatail-d9952d9.png

HAHAHAHA I was expecting this, Wasn't dissapointed

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Whether or not someone has brain damage when you tried to hook up with then while they were underage not only makes you even more of a monster, but it also says a lot about you that you attempt to deflect from serious accusations by saying "but the other person was possibly doing something bad too! She's even mentally ill!"

This is an attempt to PR spin things so he can try and make a comeback and it's coming from the same place that has allowed people like Louis CK to come back. He doesn't deserve the come back and it's gross that anyone is even falling for this giant deflection.

This was also pretty clearly timed to release while his ex-wife was away and had finally started moving on. It's typical abusive behaviour "Oh? You are finally moving on from me? Let's hook you back into the situation to prove I still have control."

As the Simpsons so eloquently put it, just don't look people. Any noise generated from this is just furthering the abuse and just dragging the victimized women back through the mud.
Well said.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
People shouldn't use their celebrity to request nudes from people. It's a fucked up abuse of power. He acknowledges that in the video, but not nearly forcefully enough. However, we need to be willing to recognise when somebody appears to have made up serious allegations about someone. Even if someone is a complete scumbag, that's legitimately an awful thing to do to someone.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
I would love to know why Jared released this on today of all days

But yeah If I'm his ex-wife, I'd ignore the fuck out of him

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Whether or not someone has brain damage when you tried to hook up with then while they were underage not only makes you even more of a monster, but it also says a lot about you that you attempt to deflect from serious accusations by saying "but the other person was possibly doing something bad too! She's even mentally ill!"

This is an attempt to PR spin things so he can try and make a comeback and it's coming from the same place that has allowed people like Louis CK to come back. He doesn't deserve the come back and it's gross that anyone is even falling for this giant deflection.

This was also pretty clearly timed to release while his ex-wife was away and had finally started moving on. It's typical abusive behaviour "Oh? You are finally moving on from me? Let's hook you back into the situation to prove I still have control."

As the Simpsons so eloquently put it, just don't look people. Any noise generated from this is just furthering the abuse and just dragging the victimized women back through the mud.
This is everything needed to say on this matter, just close the thread now.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should swear at you for not following the scientific method? lol
Just getting mad doesn't mean you are correct. It makes you ignorant (not sugarcoating this).
People like you seriously need to learn how to use the internet, or it will use you.

If ProJared is correct, what happened is just another instance of social engineering (and I mean if):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse
I'm not mad? Nor do I care about him or your opinion about the situation. I merely believe posting this video today after two people came out with sexual assault allegations in the industry is poorly timed and insensitive.

If that's ignorant, I'll stay that way thanks ;)

Jun 1, 2018

If we were being lied to why did it take you three months to make this response video
Sure bro

Plus, thumbnail to make it seem like he's sad and tired and sleepless, that will definitely make them believe

he literally explains in the first video why it took him three months. did you even watch the video? im not defending him nor his actions. just my 2 cents.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Because it creates an imbalance of power.
Its psychology manipulating them.
It's an abuse of power?

Hmm, I don't understand, or maybe I don't agree... Did he promise them jobs if they shared nude pics, or was it only between two adults? Anyway, I'm also wondering why we care about the fact that he shared nudes, really. It's not like it's a weird thing in this day and age.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
People should make their own conclusions, but I watched the videos and his defense over the underage stuff seems to make sense.

He's still a bad person for many other things but the worst offenses seem to have been exagerated.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nursing a cat here, so I can't comment too much in real time, but I've seen the video up to the 40 minute mark and these seem to be the central things he asserts.

- One of the accusers admits on Medium they suffer from memory loss and hearing voices, and as Jared doesn't show "receipts" it's presented as an argument between who does one believe
- Jared argues that the other accuser that this person knows intentionally screencapped things in a particular way, highlighting how Jared did ask for the person's age and double checked for consent. Particularly, the remarks about "I'm a baby" is something Jared also seems to go in on, as this accuser uses the same phrasing that apparently was an issue
- Shows that these two emailed asking for an apology, but then sent an email to NormalBoots with the removal of asking for this apology; apparently it was this particular email they used to assert Jared randomly reached out to them when he shows the other email with the only thing changed between the two being the request for an apology
- Goes into another accusation towards a Bayonetta cosplayer, namedrops three other people who were there and two of them (Jirard of The Completionist being a notable one) saying it didn't happen, and unable to make a firm remark on the other who works with the accuser. He speculates that an E3 panel may be the source of this, but then states at the time he didn't know her or MattPat, and that because it was at E3, it should be recorded, so he ends up asking the public to find any footage
- Claims the whole Holly thing wasn't a secret affair, that a lawyer knew around October/November that Jared wanted to leave his previous wife, that she knew he wanted to leave, and that Ross not only knew all this (he was married to Holly), but came to visit him last year. He's censored some of the texts here, and this is the only time he did this, but he asserts it's because it's an ongoing legal affair

I'm not one to believe him because his previous efforts to get ahead of this seemed like a controlled affair, and his thumbnail is manipulative, and his video title is batshit, and his description of the video seems memey, but he does have picture receipts challenging the underage accusers, names other people to back him on another (not underage) accuser, and even goes so far as to mention Ross as being aware and supportive of the divorce and Holly separation stuff. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch the video, but at the very least he attempts to bring clarity in some respects, and when it comes to screencaps, he seems to try to shut down the underage stuff directly as he can, as the rest require other people to comment publicly. I would go so far as to say on the underage stuff, unless there was more than two accusers, he does make a reasonable argument against those particular assertions; the rest need public testimony as Jared namedrops others.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People should make their own conclusions, but I watched the videos and his defense over the underage stuff seems to make sense.

He's still a bad person for many other things but the worst offenses seem to have been exagerated.
Yeah I will need to see more proof of the accusation of soliciting minors. That is extremely serious and should result in prison time. But I will need to see some actual evidence before I suggest he goes to prison. His account of the two accusers seems like a fair defense, so I'll wait to see if anyone has counterpoints to show the two accusers from Twitter have more validity.

He still cheated on his wife and used his status to get nude pics from fans, that much is for sure. For that he should give up his job.

All that said - I'm not going to let a thumbnail image or an eyeball emoji influence my thoughts on his level of guilt.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
halfway through the video, and honestly it's like Asbsand said. all this does is his accusations go from severe to less severe. the blog still being a thing, the power imbalance, his manipulation with Heidi, is still completely not ok.
that said, given what he showed of the two underage accusers, doesn't make me feel exactly bad about him, makes me feel bad for people who come out to share their abuse, and are accused of lying.

Last edited:

zainmosni

Apr 17, 2018
Hmm, I don't understand, or maybe I don't agree... Did he promise them jobs if they shared nude pics, or was it only between two adults? Anyway, I'm also wondering why we care about the fact that he shared nudes, really. It's not like it's a weird thing in this day and age.

He didn't offer anything, everything was consensual but it's fucked in my opinion. Getting fans to send you nudes knowing they're only doing it because you're "projared", is still a power move whether he knows it or not.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I'm just gonna delete this now because it's pointless

Last edited:

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
So his defense against the underaged stuff is that he didn't know and was lied to?

That's a pretty weak defense, if you ask me.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019

This series of tweets does a good job summarizing the video in case anybody doesn't feel like watching.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
the thumbnail, the fake tiredness in his eyes, his desperation all comes off as being fake for someone to feel sympathy for him....smh

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Do you think he's going to continue to do so? If you think he'll stop, that should tell you there was something very unhealthy about him doing so in the first place.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
So his defense against the underaged stuff is that he didn't know and was lied to?

That's a pretty weak defense, if you ask me.
I mean, on top of that, he said he never sent those "underage" people nude stuff regardless of any of the other stuff that he said about lying/not knowing.

He says all of this around halfway through the video where he provides relatively solid receipts of the whole thing.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
So basically aside from throwing the accusers under the bus, the rest of the video turns into "don't harass me or my entourage about this again. I'd like to get back to work now k thx."

The facts in relation to people lying about either their age or their mental state does not change the fact you sent a picture of your erect genitals to fans. It's still an event that occured regardless of whether or not you recall it. That very real undoctored imagery will haunt you until the end of days. And nothing you do will change that.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
One of the text screenshots he has in regards to the relationship between him and Holly is all blurred out which likely means it's involved in some sort of court case which means we'll likely get even more information later.

Status
Not open for further replies.