• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While obliviously sorry for Heidi, I'm also kinda sad for many things I've seen written about Holly. Yeah, cheaters suck, but also she apparently is not the strongest person around (according to Heidi) and while she did wrong things, public shaming can be really dangerous shit.
Public shaming from us, sure, but Heidi is fully in the right for dragging her immediately.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you don't want people to hate, why say it all publicly, it's a bit contradictory... but i don't blame her, shit must have hurt a lot, she has every right to do it after what he did!

But in any case i'm glad she did cause thanks to that the underage pics thing surfaced, and it's way worse imo!

well you can want someone to be shamed and not want them to be hated. especially if the perceived problem is a lack of remorse.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
If you don't want people to hate, why say it all publicly, it's a bit contradictory

Because her soon-to-be-former-husband with over a million YouTube subs and almost 200k Twitter followers put out a statement without her consent basically saying "We're getting a divorce, but let's not talk about it any further out of really true genuine concern for my partner's well being and mental state. Really. Let's not talk about it. Also anything you hear about this is probably fake. okay who likes video games!!". I think any reasonable person would say "okay, hold the fuck up" and correct the record if this shit happened to them. He basically tried to publicly silence her, which is ironic, as had he not done this shit Heidi might not have felt like she needed to say anything at all and actually keep it between themselves. Jared was the one who went public with it, she just filled in the massive blanks.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
For what it's worth, jontrons case wasn't a legal issue but it's not like he just came back like nothing happened. He basically hasn't made many videos as far as im aware. His subscriber count didn't take too much of a hit but burning so many bridges with basically every personality except for alt right ones meant he now only had one audience.
FYI: Not defending Jon's 2017 statements - just explaining the facts.

JonTron is/was much bigger than Jared - 3x the subscribers. Jon's political opinions are well, political opinions. That means there's a silent majority that is neutral or doesn't care, and a loud minority that "supported" him. Moreover, Jon took a long hiatus even after posting Flex Tape video which is now his most popular video ever, I think. At some point he also publicly apologized and stopped making any political or social statements.

Jon is back to posting regularly and getting >2m views per video. Again, not defending him (I don't watch his stuff), but he was able to somehow handle it. Jon also doesn't make game videos any more and has proven that he doesn't need to.

ProJared engaged in embarrassing behavior that could label him as a sex offender, let alone his infidelity. He's not coming back from his. He can't do anything other than gaming videos and let's plays and those two avenues are over.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

If you don't want people to hate, why say it all publicly, it's a bit contradictory...
!

What is contradictory?

Wanting to speak up for herself and feeling better when doing it doesn't mean she did it to bring hatred towards him. All she did was call him out on his bullshit and that dumbass divorce statement he made to make himself look good. You don't let that type of mental and emotional manipulation go in silence.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo

If you don't want people to hate, why say it all publicly, it's a bit contradictory... but i don't blame her, shit must have hurt a lot, she has every right to do it after what he did!

speaking about difficult subjects publicly can be very good therapy, and because i think she has a right to set the record straight from her side, especially when her ex husband is a fairly recognizable video and social media celebrity of sorts.

Oct 28, 2017
For what it's worth, jontrons case wasn't a legal issue but it's not like he just came back like nothing happened. He basically hasn't made many videos as far as im aware. His subscriber count didn't take too much of a hit but burning so many bridges with basically every personality except for alt right ones meant he now only had one audience.

Jontron's video production rate has never been that high. I really can't see how anyone can claim that he was meaningfully impacted by his twitter statements. His views are just as steady as ever. The youtube community doesn't give a shit.

ProJared will probably lose some endorsement deals and such and youtube viewers will leave snarky comments on his videos for a while (like DrDisrespect copped after his cheating scandal), but he'll be back making videos like nothing ever happened in a few months.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Jontron's video production rate has never been that high. I really can't see how anyone can claim that he was meaningfully impacted by his twitter statements. His views are just as steady as ever. The youtube community doesn't give a shit.

ProJared will probably lose some endorsement deals and such and youtube viewers will leave snarky comments on his videos for a while (like DrDisrespect copped after his cheating scandal), but he'll be back making videos like nothing ever happened in a few months.
I don't know, man, being a nonce is a pretty big crime. If it's true, I don't think you can make videos in prison.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't wish to derail this whole debacle, but I am not the only one who sees Peter from hey arnold with this dude?

latest

I had no idea about this guy or how he looked and man I can't help unsee this. Frightening stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
If the underage girl thing is even remotely true he's cooked

As it is he's lost quite a few youtube subscribers today alone.

His reputation is probably taking a permanent hit because unlike DrDisrespect who owned what he did, this guy is trying to weasel his way out of any responsibility whatsoever. Doc was contrite and genuine in that moment. This guy sounds like he's trying to sell me a shady timeshare someplace.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have Stop Skeletons From Fighting, Larry Bundy Jr, or LGR ever done anything horrible that I should be aware of?
I've been following SSFF's Derek since he won his Out Nerd the Nerd contest on Gametrailers that spawned his Happy Video Game Nerd channel and he's never done anything I'd consider bad. And if you want any more proof watch his latest video "Final Fight: how the west was worse" where he addresses the Poison debacle as tactfully as you could've hoped.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Because her soon-to-be-former-husband with over a million YouTube subs and almost 200k Twitter followers put out a statement without her consent basically saying "We're getting a divorce, but let's not talk about it any further out of really true genuine concern for my partner's well being and mental state. Really. Let's not talk about it. Also anything you hear about this is probably fake. okay who likes video games!!". I think any reasonable person would say "okay, hold the fuck up" and correct the record if this shit happened to them. He basically tried to publicly silence her, which is ironic, as had he not done this shit Heidi might not have felt like she needed to say anything at all and actually keep it between themselves. Jared was the one who went public with it, she just filled in the massive blanks.

You forgot to mention that Jared blocked Heidi on Twitter just before putting out his statement so she couldn't see it at all until others screen capped it for her.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I think we can talk about how disgusting Jared's actions are without going to "he looks like a creep". Surprise: most creeps don't look like creeps! Thats how they can get away with it.

Aug 3, 2018
I think a good take away here is nobody should idolize any of these content creators. They can be just as scummy as any other person.

Watch videos and be entertained by them but don't develop any type of emotional connection to them.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I don't really pay attention to streamers and Youtubers so this is my first time learning about these folks. I feel like this saga is simultaneously the best and worst introduction I could have gotten.

I think we can talk about how disgusting Jared's actions are without going to "he looks like a creep". Surprise: most creeps don't look like creeps! Thats how they can get away with it.
This one does, though

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following SSFF's Derek since he won his Out Nerd the Nerd contest on Gametrailers that spawned his Happy Video Game Nerd channel and he's never done anything I'd consider bad. And if you want any more proof watch his latest video "Final Fight: how the west was worse" where he addresses the Poison debacle as tactfully as you could've hoped.
You know, i feel so dumb right now. I know I have seen his face before but I never realized that he was the Happy Console Gamer. His face was familiar from somewhere, lol.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

But in any case i'm glad she did cause thanks to that the underage pics thing surfaced, and it's way worse imo!

Well, that worked for me. I did some things in the past that I'm not proud
and after been exposed online I went to therapy and let's just say that today I don't blame anyone who hated me until 2015.

Sometimes we need a slap in the face to see how we can be assholes

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think a good take away here is nobody should idolize any of these content creators. They can be just as scummy as any other person.

Watch videos and be entertained by them but don't develop any type of emotional connection to them.
This is something I strongly feel children should be taught before they start web browsing. Over the course of our history people have always been star struck, idolized famous people, but never before has it been so easy for just anybody to have a face online. To many people think they know the folks behind these faces. I've seen a lot of kids, and other people who should know better, go to bat for people like Logan Paul. It's a frightening thing to see this sort of worship when they believe the person they've been watching is their friend. I'm actually thankful it seems everyone's against projared. What he's done is disgusting

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I liked some of his SNES-era JRPG videos (didn't follow the channel though), it seems like every popular YouTuber content producer has skeletons in their closet now.

That information that came out is pretty damning, not shocked that the viewership numbers are going down quite a bit today.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
He had the best retrospective review of Final Fantasy VII I've ever seen on the internet, but he had to take it down for some reason. Sucks.
Jirard had some unfortunate circumstances where his former business partner ordered him to take down all of the reviews they had produced together before their split. Was this one of them?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, i feel so dumb right now. I know I have seen his face before but I never realized that he was the Happy Console Gamer. His face was familiar from somewhere, lol.
Not the Happy Console Gamer, lol. I said Happy Video Game Nerd. He started as an offshoot of the AVGN (spawned by an AVGN-sponsored contest on Gametrailers that Derek won) and this format lasted for years to moderate success on YouTube. A few years later he retired the HVGN persona, moved from Alaska to Washington state, and renamed his channel Stop Skeletons From Fighting and since then he kept growing with better produced content and producing it way more consistently.

Happy Console Gamer is another dude. I like him but his videos are nowhere as well produced. They basically consist of him sitting in front of his game Collection and ranting/reviewing/reminiscing about for 10 minutes or so. SSFF puts way more effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.