P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
there is that upcoming one that looks supernatural themed
And it looks super interesting, but the atmosphere/mood looks like it will be going for something different than what I had in mind. I would love something that is more mystery/dread, similar to an old series from early 2000s called Arcane the Stone Circle (and a sprinkle of Bloodborne).

How many episodes in S2? I am already sad its almost over.

I heard it was going to be 10 total.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Loving this season so far, and I agree I think The Primal Theory was just a one off. I do like how this season is more thematically cohesive than just running from danger. Terror Under the Blood Moon is still one of my favorite episodes though. I also wish things with the Vikings ended on a different note, ie, both parties coming to a mutual respect/understanding. Though after the events in Ep 4 that would have been a difficult thing.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The world of the show continues to expand in interesting ways.

Spear/Fang duo has to be a top 3 draft pick when recruiting people for your army.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn starting to feel more and more like Conan the Barbarian with every passing episode. Fang and Spear about to go on a world tour of killing. Hopefully Mira gets to do something as well.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Damn, it's even more like Conan now, haha. So dope. It's a different vibe, but the same vibe. Idk what I'm saying, hah.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
It feels like at the end of it all Spear will be an old grey king atop a throne. The world building this season has been incredible.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I think that big dude is actually the transformed viking chief.
yyBgrGIh.png

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think that big dude is actually the transformed viking chief.
yyBgrGIh.png
I doubt it. The size and powerful muscles are maybe similar, but that guy looks like someone from another country/continent. And more important, I expect much more power from that transformed viking with some supernatural elements, not just a powerful human.
I even think that big guy will be the new friend of Spear and Fang, and will help them to fight the viking chief!

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it. The size and powerful muscles are maybe similar, but that guy looks like someone from another country/continent. And more important, I expect much more power from that transformed viking with some supernatural elements, not just a powerful human.
I even think that big guy will be the new friend of Spear and Fang, and will help them to fight the viking chief!
Yeah on rewatch it didn't make much sense for him to just turn up like that.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Yeah on rewatch it didn't make much sense for him to just turn up like that.
There is definitely more to that Giants story. I don't think he will be a friend but definitely the enemy of my enemy situation is brewing. I could see them giving us an origin story for the giant next episode and have the whole thing wrap up the episode after. If they do finish the main story this season they might spend more time wrapping up the season or do an anthology episode.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I finally watched the newest episode this morning. I love this show so much. I felt so bad for Fang 😢.

I thought the giant guy was the Viking at first too, but by the end of the episode I knew there was no way. His transformation reminded me a lot of berserk Gon from HunterXHunter.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If you watch the preview for the upcoming episode it becomes rather obvious that the giant that fights them on the boat is an entirely different character than the vengeful viking.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This show is fucking nuts. They're leaning hard into the "B.C. Berzerk" skid, and I can't get enough. Just when you think they might be going soft they kill another baby, man ;~;

I respect the "We'll end the episode in the middle of this action scene because fuck you" confidence.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I don't know the name of the queen but she might be one of the most evil villains in tv history and she did it in two episodes without speaking….

That trailer is giving me anxiety… and Viddar is still out there too….

I honestly don't know if I can watch this episode again based on that last island.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
^^Yeah, it's incredible the amount of emotion the show is able to convey with little to no dialogue.

Hell of a way to end the episode as well.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Evilpatra is an amazingly hatable villain from only a couple of scenes while also being pretty damn capable with how she was handling Spear on her own. Between that and the scene where she begins dancing for the defeated king makes me believe she may have been a slave herself in the past. Perhaps she earned/fought her way, or worse to freedom which leads to her present day cruelty and lack of compassion.

The world and show is becoming more and more like Conan the Barbarian by the episode with the wide variety of peoples and cultures they keep coming across… and slaughtering while being surrounded by savage untamed wilderness. Spear is even looking the part more and more now that he's using swords and weather more if still not much clothing.

And the giant who seems to be named Kamua from what I've seen elsewhere online. I was hurting there with him in that last civilization. Just brutal.

Oh and there is still a revenge seeking Viking stomping relentlessly after our trio like a flaming demonic terminator.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The showdown with the viking is gonna be like an endgame Souls fight where every swing of that flaming axe is going to shoot waves of fire and make things explode on contact.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
I need this season to be over so I can stop worrying about Fangs's eggs/babies every episode.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally had the time to catch up and god damn am I happy this thing just exists. Everything top to bottom is so damn good. The staging, characters, the fucking ART, all of it with the bare minimum or no dialogue whatsoever. Just straight character acting with some of the best animation I've seen for a tv series.

Having grown accustomed to the more episodic nature of season 1, I was a bit worried the storied season 2 would drag things a bit, but far from it. The new settings and supernatural elements have gone a long way in world building and the suspense doesn't feel forced since season 1 already established how brutal this world this.

I'm ready for Thursday god damn.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think shit's gonna go down hard in tonight's episode. We got conflicted Kamau, Fang freaking over her babies, the evil queen about to kill everyone and of course the flaming viking coming to ruin everyone's day.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I might be wrong but I honestly think the fire golem thing is a thread they're setting up for next season. Who knows though.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They'd be absolute morons to cancel a repeat Emmy-award winning show like this.

so I could almost see it happening? :(

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Giant just walking on water like it's nothing. Really not sure how they're going to handle him.